OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread round 3 | Bulldogs 32 - 0 Titans

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know one hot day doesn't make a summer so I'm not getting too carried away with this win, albeit an impressive and welcome return to form but can anyone explain how Souffffs are showing $1.45! and 'Dogs are showing $2.75 on Sportsbet next Friday?

I know Soufffs are probably due for a win, but they looked worse than what we have been the last couple of seasons against the Rorters.

On current form I would've thought we were certain favorite's but then had a light bulb moment, forgot to factor in this is a Soufffs home game and the refereeing will heavily favour them to get 60 - 70% of the ball and umpteen 6 agains, plus we'll have every one of our tries reviewed, unlike Soufffs.

If Sutton or Atkins get the game Soufffs should start $1.25, and we'll start $5.00.

Yeh, I know that's generous odds, being a Soufffs home game, they're desperate for a win and if one of those 2 officiate $1.25 seems good odds about Souffffs. :tonguewink:

ASR010

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fucking great win, great atmosphere at Belmore today.
Faamausili back next game? Be interesting if he just comes straight back in for Knight. We know how Ciro doesn’t like to make changes at the best of times.

Also, bumped into Josh Reynolds after the win and had a chat. He was so pumped and multiple times in the conversation he mentioned how much he wishes he was in the team for next game v Souths so he could be in Cody and Lattrell’s faces cause he reckons they’re big shit talkers when they’re winning and but can’t handle it when they’re losing. Game plan go after them very aggressively. Cool to see how much he really is just as passionate as us fans.

Also had a chat with Steve Allan and asked him what the most memorable game he has called. Instantly said 04’ grand final, but 95’ is his number 1 experience as a fan due to the huge scalps we knocked off along the way. On a side note, his voice irl is exactly the same lol

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know one hot day doesn't make a summer so I'm not getting too carried away with this win, albeit an impressive and welcome return to form but can anyone explain how Souffffs are showing $1.45! and 'Dogs are showing $2.75 on Sportsbet next Friday?

I know Soufffs are probably due for a win, but they looked worse than what we have been the last couple of seasons against the Rorters.

On current form I would've thought we were certain favorite's but then had a light bulb moment, forgot to factor in this is a Soufffs home game and the refereeing will heavily favour them to get 60 - 70% of the ball and umpteen 6 agains, plus we'll have every one of our tries reviewed, unlike Soufffs.

If Sutton or Atkins get the game Soufffs should start $1.25, and we'll start $5.00.

Yeh, I know that's generous odds, being a Soufffs home game, they're desperate for a win and if one of those 2 officiate $1.25 seems good odds about Souffffs. :tonguewink:
If Sutton is the ref the real world odds for souths is 1.01

eman & the Utai SLAM

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So very happy with the win, how many tries were disallowed? Would complain these refs and bunker but imma gonna enjoy this first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Fucking great win, great atmosphere at Belmore today.
Faamausili back next game? Be interesting if he just comes straight back in for Knight. We know how Ciro doesn’t like to make changes at the best of times.

Also, bumped into Josh Reynolds after the win and had a chat. He was so pumped and multiple times in the conversation he mentioned how much he wishes he was in the team for next game v Souths so he could be in Cody and Lattrell’s faces cause he reckons they’re big shit talkers when they’re winning and but can’t handle it when they’re losing. Game plan go after them very aggressively. Cool to see how much he really is just as passionate as us fans.

Also had a chat with Steve Allan and asked him what the most memorable game he has called. Instantly said 04’ grand final, but 95’ is his number 1 experience as a fan due to the huge scalps we knocked off along the way. On a side note, his voice irl is exactly the same lol
Same team but Taaffe out for Fox with Tracey going to fullback is the play. A good team punishes us for Taaffe's mistakes and lack of ability (he tries hard I'll give him that).

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Still would like to see how Tracey would go at fullback. Still don't like Hutchinson at 7 except for his defence. Still don't like Salmon at 13 except for his defence. Ideally Sexton would be 7 except for his defence, Curran would play big minutes at 13 except the club is short on NRL ready props.
For mine Faamasuali comes back in to start. Knight goes to the bench and Hughes is given some decent minutes in NSW Cup. JAC comes back, so one of Taffe, Trace or Wilson won't play against Souths. If the Dogs lose then I still think CC has to change the starting 7, 13 and possibly the fullback. There will be 2 changes minimun for the Souths game.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I bloody love this great club man.Suggestions to drop him were indeed ridiculous fmd!! Lol
This champion bleeds blue and white, backs it up with huge effort always but also plenty of skill.

Loved the post try celebrations after the try Reedy laid on for Taaffe.He had his best game for a good while, great to see.

Anyway up the fucken Bullies!!
Idk what the coach will do with JAC if fit how do you drop Tracey? I thought Taaffe was pretty good too(**though just noticed he is marked down for 3 errors which isnt good)and went very close to scoring a double.CC will sort it someone will be a bit unlucky unfortunately.
I don't think CC will change the fb but if he does obviously it should be Tracey and this could happen if JAC is right, though not all that likely imo.

Bring on Souffs, they won't be easy and their despo but we can beat them too.

Last edited:

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not trolling, replying to what you said about how shit we are and we are lucky to be leading. All I said was would you admit you were wrong?
You can say what you want but for 18 years I have admitted my bad calls. Nothing i said was wrong, I was proven right. If we controlled the ball, took our chances and used the possession BETTER we would win. We did all three and we won. I was right again. I am the biggest fan of this team on here, I want us to finish first not 12th like Maroondog. I dont put up with the 20 abusive notifications i do a day and deal with the maroon retards of the world who come here to solely cause division and drive malignant agendas because they claim I dont love this club. I fucking love this club to death and im here to stay keeping them accountable until we are the fucking best again as we rightfully should be.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You can say what you want but for 18 years I have admitted my bad calls. Nothing i said was wrong, I was proven right. If we controlled the ball, took our chances and used the possession BETTER we would win. We did all three and we won. I was right again. I am the biggest fan of this team on here, I want us to finish first not 12th like Maroondog. I dont put up with the 20 abusive notifications i do a day and deal with the maroon retards of the world who come here to solely cause division and drive malignant agendas because they claim I dont love this club. I fucking love this club to death and im here to stay keeping them accountable until we are the fucking best again as we rightfully should be.
Biggest fan of the team :tearsofjoy:

Isnt Nasheed ?

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Nice to get a win, and some players stepped up. But others like Burton seem to go away from running the ball like he did last week. I saw at least 5 times in the match the best option would have been to run. By running he stops the defence sliding across early to cover Kikau. The main times he did run is cause he couldn't put early ball to his outside men. He really needs to get run first against Souths.

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not sure if Taaf will come in at seven. One thing I noticed today was Burton and Hutchinson played on the same side at times and their combinations look slick so I think that will only get better. I would still like to see how we can get Critta involved more in our attack. His run metres have been under 100mtrs per game. Obviously that's because Kikau is inside him. But our attack can only get better the more Critta gets his hands on the ball.

On Taaf, I think Rabbits are going to send plenty of bombs his way next week as they know he is a little vulnerable out the back. If Taaf, has a shocker then Critta should go to fullback which will give him more time with the ball and Xeri into the centres.
Watching Xeri in the reggies yesterday was pretty obvious he is not close to first grade. Ball in hand he looks very good, his post contact meters are huge but his defense is a worry.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Very clinical performance, not sure the Titans offered much resistance in the second half or were they just shut down?
When you watch the footy you just wanna watch the footy, despite the hijack attempts we did.
Scoring first in the second half was the turning point. 18 points is harder to run down than 12.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only issue is it means Taffe will retain his position for another week
He only keeps it till Fox is back. Assuming Tracey remains fit hopefully he goes to 1 when Fox returns, irrespective of coming off a win or loss

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Backed up on breaks, sniffed around the middle, chimed into the backline pretty well, escaped the in-goal. Overall looked like a functioning fullback in my opinion.
As I said in another post, his only drawback is that he is light, and has no weight or bulk to break out of tackles.

On the plus side, he has speed, can pass, and is a good back up player.

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I bloody love this great club man.Suggestions to drop him were indeed ridiculous fmd!! Lol
This champion bleeds blue and white, backs it up with huge effort always but also plenty of skill.

Loved the post try celebrations after the try Reedy laid on for Taaffe.He had his best game for a good while, great to see.

Anyway up the fucken Bullies!!
Idk what the coach will do with JAC if fit how do you drop Tracey? I thought Taaffe was pretty good too(**though just noticed he is marked down for 3 errors which isnt good)and went very close to scoring a double.CC will sort it someone will be a bit unlucky unfortunately.
I don't think CC will change the fb but if he does obviously it should be Tracey and this could happen if JAC is right, though not all that likely imo.

Bring on Souffs, they won't be easy and their despo but we can beat them too.
I was always of the opinion Tracey should be first choice fullback when ready but dropping Taafe now is not going to happen, not after a good win and not for the game against his old club.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
After watching the Tigers put on an easy win on the Sharks, I wonder why we can't put away better teams when it matters.

The Bunnies will be out for a win on Friday, and the officials will feel the pressure.

The media loves the Bunnies, and will be lifting expectations for a big comeback. Listening to the call yesterday, there was no enthusiasm from the commentators when we had the game sewn up. Not like the way they called the Eels and Sharks games against us.