OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread | Bulldogs 16 - 20 Souths

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
CONFIRMED that our average attack is hindering our good defense !
But it remains to be seen if changes are to be made or will CC persist with the halfback and fullback ?
Importantly, if those changes are made would they work ?
I believe it's time to make the BRAVE decisions !!!

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Because we arent thinking.
As soon as Critta passed to Tracey and before he even scored, i was yelling at the TV to forego the goal kick.

Either way, you need a try to either win or send the game to golden point. You cant afford to lose seconds on the clock.

But our team (and mostly Burton) are not smart. In fact i reckon Critta may have said to forgo the kick, but Burton may have overuled him.

This team just doesn't think. They habe no match awareness. No IQ.

If DCE comes onto the market, offer him 1.5M for 2 years. We need someone clutch with brains
What has any of that got to do with Mitchell dropping a hip on a player already into touch.

I am not arguing that we should have won.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
True, but just not good enough
We knew going into this year we where light in the middle that hasn’t changed we also knew we where going to struggle with n the halves and that hasn’t changed either. But we have improved on last year so I’ll just roll with whatever happens next.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Taafe has potential. He proved today, you can work with him. Has real speed and creativity. The others u mentioned annoyed me today
Reckon we've seen pretty much Taafe's ceiling at F/B. Too light and not elusive or robust enough for present day footy and especially our generally light forwards team.

He has more potential as our 7, what with the huge snail we presently have at 7 and CC's apparent lack of faith in Sexton.

Ciro must adapt this roster to help out the tremendous tryers we have who are busting their gut.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our defence has definitely improved.
Both attack and defence were terrible last year.
unfortunately our attack is still non existent

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bitch and whinge all you want about the reffing, blah, blah, blah .... it was the Bulldogs inept excuse for attach inside the Souths 20 that cost the game. Might be a bit controversial, but I know that some clubs employ a dedicated attack coach under their head coach. I think it might be time the Dogs considered doing this. If there is no money available under the football department soft cap, get rid of one or two of those no name hangers on we see in the box and appoint a dedicated attack coach. Surely this is worth considering, Gus?
I thought Jason Taylor was the attack coach?

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because we arent thinking.
As soon as Critta passed to Tracey and before he even scored, i was yelling at the TV to forego the goal kick.

Either way, you need a try to either win or send the game to golden point. You cant afford to lose seconds on the clock.

But our team (and mostly Burton) are not smart. In fact i reckon Critta may have said to forgo the kick, but Burton may have overuled him.

This team just doesn't think. They habe no match awareness. No IQ.

If DCE comes onto the market, offer him 1.5M for 2 years. We need someone clutch with brains
The dumb part was that we were caught in two minds. Either skip the conversion or take it properly and go for the two point field goal.. in any case I think we should have taken the 2 earlier when morrin was in the bin... and Tracey touching the ball on short kick out was a brain explosion.. so yeah we did that to ourselves.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
the main thing i got from today's game was just how much influence sutton has on any game the dogs play, and how at crucial times the rabbits get gifted a get-out-of-trouble call, be it against us for a simple infringement, or the rabbits get let off some kind of foul play

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reckon we've seen pretty much Taafe's ceiling at F/B. Too light and not elusive or robust enough for present day footy and especially our generally light forwards team.

He has more potential as our 7, what with the huge snail we presently have at 7 and CC's apparent lack of faith in Sexton.

Ciro must adapt this roster to help out the tremendous tryers we have who are busting their gut.
Could be well worth a shot. He’s frontline defence would scare me though. As for players busting there gut. There paid to bust there gut, so I expect no less. Souffs busted there guts more today, amount of ball we had on there line.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coach clearly knows they are lacking the execution at the end of sets and we need better halves but he keeps picking g burton there. He must be his secret son or something. Should be throwing Tracy fullback, kiraz wing burton centre hutch 5/8 and taafe halfback.
The answer is Hutch at 5/8th and Sexton at halfback with Taaffe at FB and Burton at centre.

This needs 6 weeks so we can win 4 games and everyone agrees its the way forward.