OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Round 5 | Bulldogs 30 - 26 Roosters

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We got some winnable games coming up, hope the guys not as busted as everyone saying. Knights and tigers just around the corner. Hope chooks fire up next week and belt the crap out of knights.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We got some winnable games coming up, hope the guys not as busted as everyone saying. Knights and tigers just around the corner. Hope chooks fire up next week and belt the crap out of knights.
Exactly, that was the plan.
To get the team settled into its game plan by Round 6, more disciplined and avoid injuries.
Maybe get 2 or 3 wins.
We got the win last night but next two games will be a challenge with injury toll.

WFC03

Waterboy
Reaction score
Everyone got what they wanted tonight in the second half and we played like shit. No taft, Crichton at FB, burton in centre, Xerri in centres and sexton at half
I don’t think Crichton made a single tackle at fullback and should have stop at least 2 of the tries.
We had all the ball in the first half and an extra man so we could’ve have been tired and yet we could not find any space in the second half even when the roosters were down to 11 men

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can we go a game without losing players. It’s to the point where we need to carry a bloody winger on the bench. Positive is Burto never gets hurt. He seems to be one of these durable players u can rely on every week.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As I said in the other thread, the people that wanted a Sexton/Hutch halves pairing got their wish and they almost lost us the game.

It's crazy to suggest that in the first place. Burton had his best game of the season and then Ciraldo moves him to centre when Sexton came on. Sure he scored his third try there but that was because of a massive overlap.

Burton is the best half at the club and does more good things than his haters give him credit for. And Sexton and Hutch are nowhere near as good as people think. They're not FG halves.
That may be but we have to make do with what we have. So who would you pair Burton with then? Taaffe? Mann? Or someone from cup?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That may be but we have to make do with what we have. So who would you pair Burton with then? Taaffe? Mann? Or someone from cup?
I'd go with Burton and Sexton for now. Don't trust Taaffe defensively in the front line and he's been playing well lately at fullback. Hutch has to go as he's butchering 5 on 1's multiple times a game and offers nothing in attack aside from killing momentum.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
There needs to be an investigation into the bunker. It is nothing but a shambles. I guess it's the
personnel thats the problem. When Whyte "scored", he did not ground the ball. When Manu scored he was short of the line.
On both occasions the "Flunker of a bunker" passed them both without looking at the videos from all angles. Neither were tries.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Everyone got what they wanted tonight in the second half and we played like shit. No taft, Crichton at FB, burton in centre, Xerri in centres and sexton at half
I don’t think Crichton made a single tackle at fullback and should have stop at least 2 of the tries.
We had all the ball in the first half and an extra man so we could’ve have been tired and yet we could not find any space in the second half even when the roosters were down to 11 men
So what, we were playing with 7 fit players.

Always a Bulldog

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, the negativity never ceases to amaze me.Rather than focus on the second half, remember that you led 18-0 and were destroying a star studded club before the mayhem began.
At 26-0 and with an extra player complacency set in. It was never going to be a 40 point victory. At no stage did I think in the second half the Roosters would win. I told everyone to relax at 26-20.
At The end of the day, the Bulldogs beat the Roosters who had 13 fucking internationals in their 17.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Patalo was puffing big time after 10 minutes & struggling to keep in line. His efforts in reserve with this year were below average. How he could have been selected in first grade? No use having a big body that will not have an impact on the results.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
Selection is tough but given our lack of forwards he was given a shot.. He injured his shoulder first hit up and obviously couldn't play with it. Unfortunate but that's footy!!

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are winnable for sure. We've got some guts this year, even if we can't do it for 80 yet. Let's see if our depth can step up and show the same guts. We should be fine in the backs at least. Mann's been our most important player IMO and will be hard to replace.