Opinion Positives?

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said in another thread Jake and Wakeham actually resembled something of a halves combination unlike when we play with Flanagan and it looks like two individuals playing...I'll cop the mistakes from them if they learn and improve but not the simple, dumb shit we saw from Hoppa, Elliott, etc. Those two are almost sabotaging the team...Hoppa with his refusal to pass to Cotric and Elliott being a fucking moron. Plenty of other dumb mistakes from others across the game.
Elliot is a B grade mistake-a-thon that we re-signed when our stocks were so low Mary Poppins would have been given a run.

He is no where near the standard we need to be to start talking top 4.

We’re least 3 top class forwards short of being a threat.

Last edited:

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Are u for real,I lost count of the missed tackles,he can never beat his man,failed to pass with a 2 on 1 advantage,he and hoppa should along with Elliot,the first ones dropped,wakeham and averilo played well for the first time together.
Re read your ridiculous post. You say Thompson should be dropped along with Hoppa and Elliott.

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Averillo is improving albeit slowly.I liken him to Jarome Hughes not your typical 7 but has the traits to be a manufactured 7. If Burton can play a Munster type role maybe Avo at 7 could work. I think we will need a ball playin 1 and decent hooker though.

Malla

Reaction score
Averillo is improving albeit slowly.I liken him to Jarome Hughes not your typical 7 but has the traits to be a manufactured 7. If Burton can play a Munster type role maybe Avo at 7 could work. I think we will need a ball playin 1 and decent hooker though.
Both Hughes and Munster are running halves, can definitely see that with both Burton and Avo but Avo really needs to fix his decision making (will come with experience) and his kicking game.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My NBA team is a huge chance of winning...

That is all I have lol

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Both Hughes and Munster are running halves, can definitely see that with both Burton and Avo but Avo really needs to fix his decision making (will come with experience) and his kicking game.
Jerhome Hughes has made a great transition to halfback. He is really physical and reads the game brilliantly. If Jake could play half as tough as him he will do well.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Jerhome Hughes has made a great transition to halfback. He is really physical and reads the game brilliantly. If Jake could play half as tough as him he will do well.
Hughes debuted in 2013, played 2 games over the next few years and only really started to play consistently around 2018 from memory. Jake has plenty of time to nail down a spot and pretty much jumped straight from Flegg to NRL cellar dwellers with only a couple of games in reserves, he also never really got a long stint in a single position.

Malla

Reaction score
Hughes debuted in 2013, played 2 games over the next few years and only really started to play consistently around 2018 from memory. Jake has plenty of time to nail down a spot and pretty much jumped straight from Flegg to NRL cellar dwellers with only a couple of games in reserves, he also never really got a long stint in a single position.
Yeah it took Hughes some time to play good footy from half but the constant was he had Munster at half and Smith from hooker so really simplified his role I think. I have no doubt Burton will play a part, we just need to hopefully sort the hooker position out, but I hope we give Avo the time to play the half. I have always been the first to back Flanno but from what Avo showed after 1 game at half I think he might be it. He has also been steadily improving in the halves all year.

fooch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'd love to go into a video session with these morons just to see what the fuck is going on

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah it took Hughes some time to play good footy from half but the constant was he had Munster at half and Smith from hooker so really simplified his role I think. I have no doubt Burton will play a part, we just need to hopefully sort the hooker position out, but I hope we give Avo the time to play the half. I have always been the first to back Flanno but from what Avo showed after 1 game at half I think he might be it. He has also been steadily improving in the halves all year.
That's what we've missed for years, a couple of key experienced players for our key guys to learn off. Melbourne do it the best like you mentioned...they got Munster playing in around the the big 3 and Hughes around the squad and by the time Slater/Cronk moved on Munster was reasonably settled and he stepped up into that senior role. Smith/Munster are then in that senior role with Hughes continuing his transition with Grant/Smith also in the background getting ready to replace Smith. Also have blokes like Jbrom in the forwards.

Our senior playing group has been shit and the core of our squad has been non existent. We had a busted Foran, Jackson on a huge decline, and?? That's pretty much it. Our young blokes have the worst possible start to firstgrade and their development is totally fucked.

Malla

Reaction score
That's what we've missed for years, a couple of key experienced players for our key guys to learn off. Melbourne do it the best like you mentioned...they got Munster playing in around the the big 3 and Hughes around the squad and by the time Slater/Cronk moved on Munster was reasonably settled and he stepped up into that senior role. Smith/Munster are then in that senior role with Hughes continuing his transition with Grant/Smith also in the background getting ready to replace Smith. Also have blokes like Jbrom in the forwards.

Our senior playing group has been shit and the core of our squad has been non existent. We had a busted Foran, Jackson on a huge decline, and?? That's pretty much it. Our young blokes have the worst possible start to firstgrade and their development is totally fucked.
With that said do you see us in the market for someone like Hodgson then (if BSmith doesn't work out?)

I agree with you, there was no hand over period between the old to the new. 2012/2014 team just fell apart in the blink of an eye - not saying that was Melb Storm level but we had Ennis, Hodko, Graham etc. We had to move everyone out at the same time due to salary cap and the players that were earmarked to take over (Lichaa and Mbye) turned to absolute shit and we got rid of them too.

I think you raise a valid point regarding experience. We need that experience here whether it be in hooker or the halves. Even in the forwards.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoppa just couldn’t set it up for Cotric. At least 3 times. And he did try to off load to Cotric, and it went astray.
Get the feels hoppa does not like Cotric. There has been a few times Cotric was open abd had a clear run to the line but Hoppa chose to take the tackle. Or throw a hospital pass

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

No production line here!

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, you recommend that Thompson be dropped? Are you for real?
I have read the posts where have I said anything about Thompson,for me Thompson is the most productive forward on our squad,I was referring to Meaney.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I said in another thread Jake and Wakeham actually resembled something of a halves combination unlike when we play with Flanagan and it looks like two individuals playing...I'll cop the mistakes from them if they learn and improve but not the simple, dumb shit we saw from Hoppa, Elliott, etc. Those two are almost sabotaging the team...Hoppa with his refusal to pass to Cotric and Elliott being a fucking moron. Plenty of other dumb mistakes from others across the game.
Just about threw my cup of coffee at the TV screen when he butchered it by not passing.

Jax

New Pup
Reaction score
Agree with GrogDog Meaney the only one improving.Think we should keep him aswell

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
With that said do you see us in the market for someone like Hodgson then (if BSmith doesn't work out?)

I agree with you, there was no hand over period between the old to the new. 2012/2014 team just fell apart in the blink of an eye - not saying that was Melb Storm level but we had Ennis, Hodko, Graham etc. We had to move everyone out at the same time due to salary cap and the players that were earmarked to take over (Lichaa and Mbye) turned to absolute shit and we got rid of them too.

I think you raise a valid point regarding experience. We need that experience here whether it be in hooker or the halves. Even in the forwards.
Hodgson has been fairly poor recently, constantly overplays his hand and has been a hindrance to the Raiders halves. He's better than what we have and is experienced but I do kinda get Robbie Farah vibes from him.