Positives to take into round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We didn't gel in the first half. Reynolds and Jackson lost their cool and cost us field position and the heat got to everyone 'causing errors. The bonus to take in is that we played well late in the game. BMoz was excellent in broken play. When their players tired he found gaps. Reynolds played well when he calmed down in the second half too. Kasiano added a lot from the bench and Lichaa played a very solid game.

I think we still have a few weeks to gel but once we do we'll be a force to reckon with. My only concern is the halves. Reynolds is still hot and cold and Hodko hasn't really shown any improvement. Their kicking game was excellent though.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Just watched the first half:

Grub is just the worst lol.
Hodkinson pull on a jersey?
Our backs don't touch the ball unless it's Perrett.

Now gotta watch 30 min of Panther wankery til I see us get some points.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
so for the record kasiano ran 134m in 10 hit ups and missed only one tackle after making nineteen, and had a linebreak assist or two as well as his kasianoffloads/passianos
Big Kas had a very good game IMO

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Positives:

We will NOT play that bad again this year.

Next week will be at night and not in 35 degree heat. They came to life when it started to cool down. Noticed they had the cooling vests on at half time.

Different Ref.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In the last 10 minutes of the game we stormed home with a wet sail falling at the last hurdle. Can you imagine if we played the whole 80 minutes like we did the last 10? We would be irresistible, unstoppable and unforgiving. A living breathing nightmare for the entire NRL competition. Now that paints a pretty picture :grinning:

jamesb

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Kasiano was great, makes good metres and creates with offloads. Looked fitter and played well in tough conditions.

Positive start by Lichaa, his passing looks sharp, he is quick out of the ruck and defence looked solid. He will get better and better

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lichaa is a great signing in his first hit out his passing looked sharp, he is quick out of the ruck and his defense looked solid with 33 tackles to his name. In time this kid will be something special!!! Welcome to the Dogs Micheal, congrads on your first game and I hope you have a long and successful career with the Dogs!!!

And given time even Wolfmother will warm to you :p

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Players such as BMoz, Rona, Lichaa & Perrett (moving back to wing after a year) should be analyzed but not scrutinised. It will take time for these blokes to adapt and get there match fitness up to scratch and gel within the team. There are no issues with these players.

Kas has dropped weight, looks fit and was damaging. He has worked hard during the off-season and has advanced from last year, according to his game yesterday.

Pritchard is over his injury and has trimmed down, he was probing around the edges. He has also worked hard during the off season. T Browne, T-Rex are the same. They have all worked hard during the off season.

our halves seem like they havent worked at all during the off season as there is no improvement whatsoever. Reynolds didnt have a proper offseason due to injury though he knows whats required.

for these players who have been around for a few seasons now , excuses of its the first game of the year, blah blah blah is a load of crap. (That only applies to the new faces in the squad)

They have been around long enough to know where they need to improve and what is expected. We dont expect JT, Cronk performances, though we do expect improvements. I did not see any improvements from our halves AT ALL and it is very concerning. The smallest of improvements would give me a semi hard on, like a grubber kick in the in goal, organising the backs to stand deep and trying a sweeping move and putting our backrowers through holes, taking the ball,game and players by the balls inside the oppositions 20 in attack.

graham had a target on his chest yesterday. He was coping everything including elbows from Kite, Segeyaro and McKendry. In true Graham fashion, the great pom did not back down and held his own over 2-3 clowns giving it to him with every hitup he took. Our halves should of seen this and stepped in and taking the opportunity of there rush up defence on Graham and capitilized on the space that was created through the middle.

i disagree with comments labeling them s**t c***s, etc, but they deserve all the criticism and they need to improve real quickly even though they had the offseason.

i am not interested in "he can kick goals and field goals" that wins us games.

Last season we made it to the big stage thanks soley to our forwards and defence. If we think we will do the same thing this season we are going to be in for a real shock, especially with the new ruck rule which wipes out last seasons game plan.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Players such as BMoz, Rona, Lichaa & Perrett (moving back to wing after a year) should be analyzed but not scrutinised. It will take time for these blokes to adapt and get there match fitness up to scratch and gel within the team. There are no issues with these players.

Kas has dropped weight, looks fit and was damaging. He has worked hard during the off-season and has advanced from last year, according to his game yesterday.

Pritchard is over his injury and has trimmed down, he was probing around the edges. He has also worked hard during the off season. T Browne, T-Rex are the same. They have all worked hard during the off season.

our halves seem like they havent worked at all during the off season as there is no improvement whatsoever. Reynolds didnt have a proper offseason due to injury though he knows whats required.

for these players who have been around for a few seasons now , excuses of its the first game of the year, blah blah blah is a load of crap. (That only applies to the new faces in the squad)

They have been around long enough to know where they need to improve and what is expected. We dont expect JT, Cronk performances, though we do expect improvements. I did not see any improvements from our halves AT ALL and it is very concerning. The smallest of improvements would give me a semi hard on, like a grubber kick in the in goal, organising the backs to stand deep and trying a sweeping move and putting our backrowers through holes, taking the ball,game and players by the balls inside the oppositions 20 in attack.

graham had a target on his chest yesterday. He was coping everything including elbows from Kite, Segeyaro and McKendry. In true Graham fashion, the great pom did not back down and held his own over 2-3 clowns giving it to him with every hitup he took. Our halves should of seen this and stepped in and taking the opportunity of there rush up defence on Graham and capitilized on the space that was created through the middle.

i disagree with comments labeling them s**t c***s, etc, but they deserve all the criticism and they need to improve real quickly even though they had the offseason.

Last season we made it to the big stage thanks soley to our forwards and defence. If we think we will do the same thing this season we are going to be in for a real shock, especially with the new ruck rule which wipes out last seasons game plan.
could not of said it better myself.

they have more than enough chances and time, something needs to change

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just watched the first half:

Grub is just the worst lol.
Hodkinson pull on a jersey?
Our backs don't touch the ball unless it's Perrett.

Now gotta watch 30 min of Panther wankery til I see us get some points.
Why torture yourself just hit fast forward.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our halves are the worst in the opposition 20 than any other halves in the comp
i dont think the problem is the halves in the 20 (though i do think our halves need to step up over all), the problem is our flat attack structure, both our forwards and backs stand so shallow that by the time the halves get the ball the defence has taken its 3 - 4 steps of the line and are up in our face leaving us smothered and confused.

Its frustrating to watch.

In 2012 we stood deep and and our sweeping back line plays were amazing to watch - they worked all season until the grand final where Melbourn bought about a rushing up and in defence to stop it.

in 2013 along with rule changes des changed our style if attack and made it much flatter making it harder for opposition teams to pick when we would attack using our back line - I'm not a fan of it and i belive we have the speed out wide to stop teams rushing up on us if we were to go back to our 2012 deep attacking style with a few tweeks.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Graham is our front row, second row, half and five eight...... Wow

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Fittest we have seen Kasiano in years

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Positives:

We will NOT play that bad again this year.

Next week will be at night and not in 35 degree heat. They came to life when it started to cool down. Noticed they had the cooling vests on at half time.

Different Ref.
We played exactly as we've played for the past two years. I can't expect anything different next game. Parra will come out all guns firing; we will lose the ball and give away penalties; they will rack up an impressive first half score; then the real Bulldogs will come out in the second half and lose by a small margin. Been that way for years now, and I saw nothing this week to change my mind.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We played exactly as we've played for the past two years. I can't expect anything different next game. Parra will come out all guns firing; we will lose the ball and give away penalties; they will rack up an impressive first half score; then the real Bulldogs will come out in the second half and lose by a small margin. Been that way for years now, and I saw nothing this week to change my mind.
Parra also played with great line speed against Manly, i really think it will get ugly on friday.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

And as usual cummins allowed panthers to elbow graham and not penalise them

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
And as usual cummins allowed panthers to elbow graham and not penalise them
Plus many other things... Also strange that alot of the money went to Panthers with higher odds that game if you ask me and we know some of the referees have been caught betting/cheating already

kryptonbulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Lichaa needs to improve on his passing from dummy half, he threw some shockers that you would expect from under nines. Go back to having Graham and Kasiano as second receivers and get more depth in attack

Status
Not open for further replies.