POLL : Available Coaches and Coaching Records - Choose your poison.

Which coach would you like

• Shane Flanagan

Votes: 118 53.6%
  • Josh Morris

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • Cameron Ciraldo

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Paul Green

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • ASSASSIN

Votes: 37 16.8%
  • Other.....

Votes: 26 11.8%
  • Grunthos

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Perfect example of nepotism and an average player. Anyone who think Shane will drop his son or sign another half is dreaming. We’ll be stuck with Kyle.
Fark me, does anyone really believe that SFlanagan will risk the job (NRL Head Coach) that he has been waiting and working for for 4 years if KFlanagan isn't performing. That's just ridiculous. Equally ridiculous, does anyone really believe that KFlanagan will put his father's job at risk by sticking around if he isn't performing. Get real, if SFlanagan farks his coaching career by continuing to pick an underperforming KFlanagan then he's a farkin idiot and won't get another coaching gig anywhere anytime and he knows it.

Always a Bulldog

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are the Walker brothers doing? Bring back the doggies entertainers

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I would vote for @ASSASSIN but not the best job to offer somebody who already has heart problems. Just give Potter the gig full time, ffs. Those options are all terrible. Dad's record is good, but I don't want him given his baggage.

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A mate just asked me if Michael Hagan would be a good option as our coach beyond 2022. A lot of the older supporters would remember him, played for us in the 80’s. Apparently he is up in Townsville under Todd Payten. Anyone have an opinion on how he would go?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
A mate just asked me if Michael Hagan would be a good option as our coach beyond 2022. A lot of the older supporters would remember him, played for us in the 80’s. Apparently he is up in Townsville under Todd Payten. Anyone have an opinion on how he would go?
Hasn’t really done very well when a head coach. Tactively very good but better suited as an assistan. He would be good back at the dogs in a similar role

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hasn’t really done very well when a head coach. Tactively very good but better suited as an assistan. He would be good back at the dogs in a similar role
Thanks for that mate.
Yeah that’s fair enough, my mate mentioned he helps out Mal with the Australian side. I’d never really heard about his coaching ability hence the question. Appreciate the response

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's a poor crop at best with the greatest of respect to Assassin,gunthos and whoever "other" is

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to see another name added to the list of possible coaching candidates -

MICHAEL HAGAN

Also love to see his coaching stats.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd like to see another name added to the list of possible coaching candidates -

MICHAEL HAGAN

Also love to see his coaching stats.
NRL coaching, 54% with Newcastle and 51% with Parramatta, SOO Assistant Coaching (lets face it he was the Coach and Meninga was the figurehead) 9 out 10 series wins.

Always a Bulldog

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
NRL coaching, 54% with Newcastle and 51% with Parramatta, SOO Assistant Coaching (lets face it he was the Coach and Meninga was the figurehead) 9 out 10 series wins.

Always a Bulldog
That's better than I was expecting TBH

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Shane Flanagan for me

Experienced, premiership winner, hard edged coach who won't be afraid to rattle the cage and tell certain players some home truths...exactly what we need. Unlike some others, I think his commentary is pretty insightful and I think he could really "coach" our team to become better players

In regards to Kyle, there are a couple of ways of looking at it

I am like everyone else who would love an experienced match winning halfback but lets be honest, there are none available (off contract) for next year

At this stage we are stuck with Kyle next year anyway and if we were to offload him we would have to tip in plenty of $$ which wouldn't make it worth it

Most of us think that if we get Flanno snr that Kyle will be a lock in at number 7 for years to come

Now if he is playing crap and totally unworthy of a spot in the side do you really think that Flanno snr firstly as a coach and secondly as a father would want his son to be copping the unrelentless criticism (which will be inevitable)....I don't

I see it as the making or breaking of Kyle under his dads coaching. Maybe his dad can't bring the best out of him, maybe he can start on the upward trajectory of becoming the player everyone thought he can become...maybe?

If not, I would have faith that Flanno snr and Gus would always put the team first. I think maybe we are reading too much into the "we will be stuck with Kyle forever" narrative

If we sign an all out attacking fullback like Reece Walsh or Scott Drinkwater for 2024, then maybe Kyle can play the required role in our spine (whatever that might be), if he improves

If not, the only option of getting a marquee halfback (who is available) would be paying close to a million for Mitch Moses

Bottom line we need an experienced, proven winning coach and Flanno is it and I don't think we should let the Kyle factor interfere in our selection if Gus thinks he is the right man for the job
This is exactly what people are scared of!!

"If we sign an all out attacking fullback like Reece Walsh or Scott Drinkwater for 2024, then maybe Kyle can play the required role in our spine (whatever that might be), if he improves."

Yes Flanno snr might make the team better!

The problem is that Flanagan Snr wont sack his son he will make everyone around Flanagan look better and would make Flanagan look better then what he really is.
When we could have a much better halfback to take the pressure off others.
He still lives at home ffs!