POLL : Available Coaches and Coaching Records - Choose your poison.

Which coach would you like

• Shane Flanagan

Votes: 118 53.6%
  • Josh Morris

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • Cameron Ciraldo

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Paul Green

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • ASSASSIN

Votes: 37 16.8%
  • Other.....

Votes: 26 11.8%
  • Grunthos

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters

dave123

Waterboy
Reaction score
Please don’t be Flanagan we will go backwards he thinks his son is a super star bye round 7 next year the same thing will happen

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Shane Flanagan for me

Experienced, premiership winner, hard edged coach who won't be afraid to rattle the cage and tell certain players some home truths...exactly what we need. Unlike some others, I think his commentary is pretty insightful and I think he could really "coach" our team to become better players

In regards to Kyle, there are a couple of ways of looking at it

I am like everyone else who would love an experienced match winning halfback but lets be honest, there are none available (off contract) for next year

At this stage we are stuck with Kyle next year anyway and if we were to offload him we would have to tip in plenty of $$ which wouldn't make it worth it

Most of us think that if we get Flanno snr that Kyle will be a lock in at number 7 for years to come

Now if he is playing crap and totally unworthy of a spot in the side do you really think that Flanno snr firstly as a coach and secondly as a father would want his son to be copping the unrelentless criticism (which will be inevitable)....I don't

I see it as the making or breaking of Kyle under his dads coaching. Maybe his dad can't bring the best out of him, maybe he can start on the upward trajectory of becoming the player everyone thought he can become...maybe?

If not, I would have faith that Flanno snr and Gus would always put the team first. I think maybe we are reading too much into the "we will be stuck with Kyle forever" narrative

If we sign an all out attacking fullback like Reece Walsh or Scott Drinkwater for 2024, then maybe Kyle can play the required role in our spine (whatever that might be), if he improves

If not, the only option of getting a marquee halfback (who is available) would be paying close to a million for Mitch Moses

Bottom line we need an experienced, proven winning coach and Flanno is it and I don't think we should let the Kyle factor interfere in our selection if Gus thinks he is the right man for the job

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of Mason, I can't wait to hear his opinion on this
He's very passionate about the dogs, he came down to my sons junior footy club not long ago and he was Filthy at what the club has become. He's good for the club if he hangs around

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Throw the Walker brothers a bone for the remainder of the year. See if they can ignite something with their unique approach. We have nothing left to lose

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Morris or Ciraldo for mine with Paul Green as a. I aching assistant.

I would lean towards Ciraldo but Morris would be fine too

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Throw the Walker brothers a bone for the remainder of the year. See if they can ignite something with their unique approach. We have nothing left to lose
Good to see everybody who keeps floating this, doesn't keep track on whats happened. The Walker brothers split. Ben is doing his own thing now. So it's only Shane now. Their idea that they would play this fast game worked initially, but as time moved on, it's not worked as well. I would put their coaching up with the likes of a Paul Green. Good for that level, but really it's a lot of mid table finishes.

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good to see everybody who keeps floating this, doesn't keep track on whats happened. The Walker brothers split. Ben is doing his own thing now. So it's only Shane now. Their idea that they would play this fast game worked initially, but as time moved on, it's not worked as well. I would put their coaching up with the likes of a Paul Green. Good for that level, but really it's a lot of mid table finishes.
Good to see the internet expert who knows next to nothing is alive and well also.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Good to see the internet expert who knows next to nothing is alive and well also.
I watch heaps of QLD Cup, living in QLD, and go to plenty of Wynumn Manly games. Good way to see the talent coming through and have a good day out. Played Rugby League for 30 yrs. I have some idea of what works. Maybe not at an NRL level. But who really does. That said if your wrong on basic's like the Walker brothers and their assumed success, then be prepared to be called on it.

Used to do the same when I lived in Croydon Park. Was easy to get to Belmore and watch all the lower grades play. Still remember that semi final when with 20mins to they brought SBW off the bench vs Cronulla. He just carved up and we were wondering whats his name and why wasn't he brought on earlier. He was only 18 then. Ricky used to bring his U20's team to the Croydon Park hotel, Asotasi, Mason etc. We had no idea how privileged we were till a few years later.