Plenty Of Positives

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No, I'm sure the players would respond to you and respect you. Please do give the club a call.
Tell me if I got everything in order first.

1. I’ll identify as a female (male the club be even more of)
2. I’ll say I’ll bring back the tough bulldog culture (but in reality I’ll be a big softy and only succeed when I don’t follow my own advice like axing rhyse Martin but then putting him and a couple others in the team and win coz I listened to others and not myself).

Did I miss anything?

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What a great game to attend for my first one of the season.

Foran looked dangerous as ever in our colours.

When Lichaa came in his passes on two stages on our last attacking play where nearly over the head of Lewis he was full stretched to catch bombing the attack play.

Don’t know if you could see it on tv but the wind was definitely in play with the mis kicks. Would pick up and throw the ball, should of been grubbering with the wind the way it was but learn with experience. Think we’re all forgetting he hasn’t even done a full season yet.

Only change I seen was Lichaa needs to be swapped for Cogger.

Napa was best front rower on field.

About it. Great game.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tell me if I got everything in order first.

1. I’ll identify as a female (male the club be even more of)
2. I’ll say I’ll bring back the tough bulldog culture (but in reality I’ll be a big softy and only succeed when I don’t follow my own advice like axing rhyse Martin but then putting him and a couple others in the team and win coz I listened to others and not myself).

Did I miss anything?
Don't ask me; you've got all the answers, champ. Hope it happens.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I would be looking towards JMK doing the 80 minutes, dropping Lichaa and maybe putting someone like Cogger on the bench as an x-factor/attacking player.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I would be looking towards JMK doing the 80 minutes, dropping Lichaa and maybe putting someone like Cogger on the bench as an x-factor/attacking player.
Agreed, Lichaa has to go. Chris Smith could play the utility role and RFM or Renouf could come onto the bench.

Lichaa offers nothing but defence and makes the team worse in attack whenever he's out there.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Agreed, Lichaa has to go. Chris Smith could play the utility role and RFM or Renouf could come onto the bench.

Lichaa offers nothing but defence and makes the team worse in attack whenever he's out there.
Lets hope Coach Pay keeps tweeking and improving the side.

Lichaa and Holland on thin ice one would expect.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Which is my main point with him. No one is tougher as a half or puts his body on the line more but you can see how much he struggles to run and how many knocks he gets.. He always seems like he is held together by tape and ready to break at any second.

But full credit to him, he was very good today and if he can stay fit somehow and get that involved every game, a lot more people will lay off him, including myself.
After seeing his ankle bend under the tackle, how can you possibly be bagging him like this? It's a massive credit to him that he managed to stay on the field for the duration. It's a sign of his toughness, not weakness!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
After seeing his ankle bend under the tackle, how can you possibly be bagging him like this? It's a massive credit to him that he managed to stay on the field for the duration. It's a sign of his toughness, not weakness!!
How did I bag him? I wasn't talking about that tackle, but after every tackle you never know if he's seriously hurt or not...

After playing through years of injuries, his body is struggling to make it through a full season.

He's always been tough and played very well yesterday. I've given him plenty of credit for that. But we all know that getting a full season out of him would be a miracle considering his injury history over the years.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How good is it watching the scoreboard go up by 6 points after nearly every try. An ace goalkicker in a necessity.
How good was it scoring tries and not conceding seven?

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Does anyone know how Foran is? He just looks so fragile. Hope he ices up and recovers
Pretty sure he will play next week and be fine.
He is very tough and quite involved in the second half despite his ankle.
I remember an article a couple years ago about Foran being the strongest player pound for pound in the entire league.
He defends well, he had a try saving one on one tackle on the Tigers second rower early in the game, and the Tiger got injured.
He is a much better player than what the consensus here portrays him to be.
ALL HAIL KEIRAN FORAN!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How did I bag him? I wasn't talking about that tackle, but after every tackle you never know if he's seriously hurt or not...

After playing through years of injuries, his body is struggling to make it through a full season.

He's always been tough and played very well yesterday. I've given him plenty of credit for that. But we all know that getting a full season out of him would be a miracle considering his injury history over the years.
Foran plays well above his weight and suffers the consequences. Very few players will go through a season without injury. Does this make them all injury prone? No. It's a bloody tough sport, so it's part of the game to be injured during the season.
Foran has probably had a few more injuries then most over the past few years, but I call it bad luck more then being injury prone. I mean last year it was a toe injury that kept him out. Does that mean his feet are buggered?
The warriors and eels mismanaged his injuries and pushed him to play underdone. This was the major issue that caused things to reoccur.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Foran plays well above his weight and suffers the consequences. Very few players will go through a season without injury. Does this make them all injury prone? No. It's a bloody tough sport, so it's part of the game to be injured during the season.
Foran has probably had a few more injuries then most over the past few years, but I call it bad luck more then being injury prone. I mean last year it was a toe injury that kept him out. Does that mean his feet are buggered?
The warriors and eels mismanaged his injuries and pushed him to play underdone. This was the major issue that caused things to reoccur.
I don't think he was injured at Parra, he left about 6 or 7 games into the season because of his personal issues.

Obviously Foz has had bad luck with injuries, but considering his hammies have given him problems for most of his career, that probably leads to other leg or foot injuries because he's compensating for playing through hamstring issues...

Either way, we all hope he stays injury free because performances like yesterday are what made him such a highly rated player in the first place. His class shone through yesterday but unfortunately we didn't see it at all last season.

Nakidog

Waterboy
Reaction score
The major “positive” is that dean gay should never listen to himself ever again and just be a puppet coach listen to people much more intectully suitable for the head coach role.
Probably killed him putting rhyse Martin back in the team.
I don't mind Deano starting Martin in reggies for the seasons start. It tells all the players no matter who you are if you come back over weight or unfit then no matter how important you are to our side you will be in reserve grade. It breeds a high performance culture.

I think Deano is finding the right balance slowly. I really like the energy and impact off the bench from Ogden, Chris Smith and Adam Elliot they were awesome. Hopefully as the season goes on we can see CHN and JMK knock out a complete 80 mins and we won't have to see Lichaa on the bench and we can use Nu-Brown as an impact/utility where needed.

Loved the way Okunbor, Hoppa and Smith started our sets got us on the front foot and gave Napa something to wind up on the back of!

My only concern is Hollands and Okunbor's defence on the left in the future.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Elliot. Played. Very. Well.
Yep 100%. He is so much better off the bench. I really hope Dean stick with this.
To be fair, any other player would have been hobbling around as well if you watch the footage of the injury. It's not like it was caused by nothing
Absolutely, the knee landed right on his ankle, pushing it in another direction.
Many would have left the field, he is tough as nails.

The commitment in defence for the 80 couldn't be questioned, even had a bit of sting in it.
Wasnt it nice to see us defending the middle so much better and with some real mongrel in it, not just arm grabbing and greco roman wrestling to the ground?!

Best suggestion...............go and watch it again.

Go Dogs
Agreed, Lewis was exceptional in defense.
He covered all his own runners and worked even harder to cover Holland's lapses too.
He might have shanked a kick or two but overall he is improving still and he did well.