Playing Hardball with Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chippytaka

Waterboy
Reaction score
I’m sick of all this talk of players leaving and us paying them to go elsewhere. Since Woods came to the dogs to play finals footy and now we’ve told him we won’t be competing for 3 years at least do you think we have the chance to play hardball with him.

In other words if it’s him that wants out to go somewhere like the sharks or dragons to play finals footy then why don’t we hold out till he wants to walk away from the contract?

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m sick of all this talk of players leaving and us paying them to go elsewhere. Since Woods came to the dogs to play finals footy and now we’ve told him we won’t be competing for 3 years at least do you think we have the chance to play hardball with him.

In other words if it’s him that wants out to go somewhere like the sharks or dragons to play finals footy then why don’t we hold out till he wants to walk away from the contract?
I seriously doubt it.

Because by most accounts, he's on around 900k which he won't want to give up, unless another club ponies up the same coin, which no other club will do. Most likely scenario we reach an agreement with the sharks and pay part of his freight and they pick up the rest.

Players might say they want to play finals football, but highly doubt they will sacrifice much $$ to do so

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He hasnt asked to leave.. he joined here on a fat salary & playing with his mate

The media reckon we want him to leave , so the balls in his court

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm just sick of this whole circus that the club has become and don't to hear about or deal with Sharon Woods anymore. He and Foran and everyone else need to go.

We honestly need about 24 new players. So they need to cut as much of the dead weight they can as soon as possible to try and generate cap space and flexibility.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We just need players that want to be here an want to play for this club an for the fans, all these players the don’t have heart and dont want to play for the club is terrible ! Long gone are the days it seems !!!

Be nice to get a good bunch of guys who want to be apart of this an we as fans know we are watching genuine players put the blue an white jersey on.

Frustrating!!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We just need players that want to be here an want to play for this club an for the fans, all these players the don’t have heart and dont want to play for the club is terrible ! Long gone are the days it seems !!!

Be nice to get a good bunch of guys who want to be apart of this an we as fans know we are watching genuine players put the blue an white jersey on.

Frustrating!!
The best way to do that is to develop juniors & pick them in first grade. They are less likely to want to leave & are more likely to accept a little less to stay.

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Finucane, Jackson, Tapau, Reynolds, Kasiano, Klemmer players who have come up through our ranks and actually played with aggression, passion and commitment.

Our recruiting (under old dictators) was nothing but abysmal. Players who have no passion, have come just for the cash and who have no aggression whatsoever - plain and simple pussies. eg. Lichaa, Floporan, Woods and Floppa

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
These ***** need to fuk right off asap they are not dog marterial they are plodder material , the old doggies we all grew and loved were Mongrel and played for one another , Woods would not fit into the team aspect with mason Matuia omeley Britt price etc, get players who want to be there. What the clubs doing is the right thing just let them leave they are over paid anyway we will be back up the top once again our club will not stay in the dirt for ever

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finucane, Jackson, Tapau, Reynolds, Kasiano, Klemmer players who have come up through our ranks and actually played with aggression, passion and commitment.

Our recruiting (under old dictators) was nothing but abysmal. Players who have no passion, have come just for the cash and who have no aggression whatsoever - plain and simple pussies. eg. Lichaa, Floporan, Woods and Floppa
Is it just me thinking out loud or are Finucane , Taupau, Jackson etc all at the club before 2012? In other words hAsler didn’t bring anyone great to the club or the fat pie eater either ? Cause Kevin Moore signed James Graham I remember clearly cause we all were 50/50 on the guy before he came.

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is it just me thinking out loud or are Finucane , Taupau, Jackson etc all at the club before 2012? In other words hAsler didn’t bring anyone great to the club or the fat pie eater either ? Cause Kevin Moore signed James Graham I remember clearly cause we all were 50/50 on the guy before he came.
That is correct.

I remember clearly when Cleal was asked, "what do you look for in a young player when recruiting" and dumbass said "they have to have a smile"

Tbh i dont know if that dumbass had recruited any juniors who have made it to first grade, considering he came in at 2012 and 6 years on there is who exactly?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If Woods was playing like a $900k player, there'd no no talk of offloading him.

Up to him with regards his future, either here, or elsewhere but he'd be needing to greatly improve his determination and frontrower platform plays.

No one to blame but himself.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He can go on a free for 2018 and the Sharks can pay him full Freight for anything after that.
Same goes for MBye if he wants out before 30th June.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
900k for Woods?

We could have Taumalolo for Woods & Montoya

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Woods is the one agitating this, then we absolutely should NOT be paying a cent of his contract to leave.

We will not be able to attract another prop of his quality with the $$ we have left over after moving him on.

The board is crazy to sanction this. Mbye was a good big of business, THIS IS NOT! If we are having to pay any of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.