Playing Hardball with Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A lot of those sharks fans might think more clearly if they pulled their heads out of their asses. They talk like they've been a sensational club for decades, when in reality they're currently in their best ever period having just won their first ever premiership (if my memory serves correctly. Within the next 2 seasons a lot more of the talent that secured them that premiership will be due for contract renewal and I wouldn't be surprised if their team scatters around the NRL and they go back to being also rans.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
If we have to pay more than 200k than no way. Props who can play 60min are going to be a valued commodity. When you yhe 2 fatties from Canberra getting 600k plus and dont play big minutes woodsy going will mean we may be in same boat paying 400k for woods at sharks and paying 300k to 400k for another decent prop ..just fuck tolman off

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow I noticed some indirect respect posts towards our club. And it seems Sharks fans there are more aware than our fans that Raelene Castle was not innocent and she’s currently fkn rugby up lol.

Can we also take a moment to thank the mod team here at the Kennel, that sharks forum is absolutely shithouse

Its like a time machine back to the 90's

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We shouldn't be paying 1 fucking red cent.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Back again.
Cronulla supporters thinking we are going to pay $200k per season 2019 & 2020.
If that's the case tell Cronulla & Woods to fuck off!!!

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can we also take a moment to thank the mod team here at the Kennel, that sharks forum is absolutely shithouse

Its like a time machine back to the 90's
They’re even more communist than here, they still block out naughty words lol

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm just sick of this whole circus that the club has become and don't to hear about or deal with Sharon Woods anymore. He and Foran and everyone else need to go.

We honestly need about 24 new players. So they need to cut as much of the dead weight they can as soon as possible to try and generate cap space and flexibility.
Even if we are let’s say, 1mil in debt to other clubs in the cap I still believe we can compete better with a overhauled roster and just ride the next 2-3 years. If this team isn’t th most boring and dumbest team in the comp then I don’t know who is. Wait we have parra lol

But seriously I agree fuck off every player who doesn’t perform and just go from there. Only way is up

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Woods himself wants to leave, he is more than welcome to leave at no expense to the Dogs. Not 1 cent.

People will say, whats the point of keeping someone who does not want to play for the club, and so on and so on. There is truth to that but in Wood's case he has got too much to lose (except $)

If he doesnt put in, he will not see a rep jersey till atleast the end of 2021, when by than he will be 30, not played a rep game in 4 years and that will be the end of his rep career.

If Woods is having a sook, its because he is missing out on 90k worth of origin payments + who knows what the fuck is in his contract with the dogs about bonuses for playing rep footy

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
When the woods deal was announced it was rumoured to be $700k not this ridiculous $900k everyone is saying ffs everyone seems to be on $900k with us,i reckon sharks would pay $700k they need to plan for life after gallen

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When the woods deal was announced it was rumoured to be $700k not this ridiculous $900k everyone is saying ffs everyone seems to be on $900k with us,i reckon sharks would pay $700k they need to plan for life after gallen
It's the reverse of the Roosters cap

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm glad we told em to fuck off
Open the cheque book u druggos

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His contract is worth a reported 3.2m over 4 years which is 800k a season (for those of you arent good at maths). The only way out of his deal without us paying beyond this year is to release him to sharks this year but they will have to pay him 400k for the rest of this year. And we unfortunately will need to continue to pay him as well for the reminder of this year. Therefore he will earn 1.2m this year. That will leave him being owed 2m for the other 3 years of his deal. But the sharks pay all that whichever way they want. It averages out to be around 667k a season per year for the next 3 years which the sharks pay not us.

We are not playing finals footy this year so we will just have to release Woods to the sharks before June 30 and continue paying him for the rest of this year. But we pay nothing in 19,20 and 21.

A breakdown of his contract would be 3.2m in total. We pay 800k this year sharks pay 400k so he gets 1.2m this year then the sharks pay him 667k per year in 19,20 and 21. In total we pay 800k sharks pay 2.4m over 4 years.

Plus for us is we wont pay him beyond this year. Plus for them is we pay for him as well as them for the rest of this year. But they get a decent prop to help them win this years title.

Last edited:

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because contracts at the club are all back ended from previous admin , his final year salary will be nowhere near this years

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Woods himself wants to leave, he is more than welcome to leave at no expense to the Dogs. Not 1 cent.

People will say, whats the point of keeping someone who does not want to play for the club, and so on and so on. There is truth to that but in Wood's case he has got too much to lose (except $)

If he doesnt put in, he will not see a rep jersey till atleast the end of 2021, when by than he will be 30, not played a rep game in 4 years and that will be the end of his rep career.

If Woods is having a sook, its because he is missing out on 90k worth of origin payments + who knows what the fuck is in his contract with the dogs about bonuses for playing rep footy
I believe it’s irrelevant from the NRL side of things who wants what. They have an agreement with the RLPA to protect the players. All contracts registered need to be paid in full and will count in the cap. (Someone’s Cap) Even if it’s the player that is forcing the move.

I would rather have a player rot in Reggie’s that pay them to play elsewhere.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was rumored that Fajita was signed for 850k pa and thats going back a few years now, Eastwood re-signed for 1.1m over 2 years so you would bet your bottom dollar that Woods was signed on some ridiculous amount.

I wouldnt be surprised that every player in our top 17 is on overs.

Our top 2 highest earners should be Klemmer and Jackson and they shouldnt be on more than 700k and 600k respectively

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We just need players that want to be here an want to play for this club an for the fans, all these players the don’t have heart and dont want to play for the club is terrible ! Long gone are the days it seems !!!

Be nice to get a good bunch of guys who want to be apart of this an we as fans know we are watching genuine players put the blue an white jersey on.

Frustrating!!
Here what your saying, but take Elliott for example. Loves the club, has passion, turns up, trains hard, talks the positive talk, good guy to have around.....but come game day just lacks the skill and athletisim to win games.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Here what your saying, but take Elliott for example. Loves the club, has passion, turns up, trains hard, talks the positive talk, good guy to have around.....but come game day just lacks the skill and athletisim to win games.
Oh I agree 100% with Elliot’s passion mate ! I’ve actually said this before on another post about how Adam may not be the best but is all heart an loves this club.. I ment the majority!

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Oh I agree 100% with Elliot’s passion mate ! I’ve actually said this before on another post about how Adam may not be the best but is all heart an loves this club.. I ment the majority!
I like Elliot. Has a crack. You can't have 13 superstars in the team. Salary cap won't allow that. Shame is we don't have any superstars at the moment. A couple superstars make the others around them look better.

Status
Not open for further replies.