Players we need least in order

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Players we need least in order - we should be shopping around to Tigers, Knights, and Dragons. Losing the first 4 would have no real impact on our team besides depth and would be worth shedding for Tedesco alone.
1/ Aiden Tolman. ($450K a season)
2/ Michael Lichaa, ($330K a season)
3/ Moses Mybe, ($700K a season)
4/ Will Hopoate, (only on $150K a season currently but will be seeking an upgrade and he'll offer to play Sundays but no thanks Mr Average)
Greg Eastwood ($600K a season)- not worth it
James Graham (he's not worth the $750K a season we are paying but I'd rather keep him than pay Woods $1M)
To keep Reynolds we're probably gonna have to upgrade him a bit to around $600K a season. He's asking for 800 reportedly. I think he's currenlty on about $450K
With the emergence of Matt Frawley all we really need is a great fullback which we've been crying out for since Barba left. FFS don't let us miss this opportunity for a good young fullback. Abbey may be okay but he's unlikely to ever be as good as Tedesco. We don't need Cronk (not worth $1.5K for 1 year only), Foran (seems like he hates Des so won't come) or Woods (too expensive for what he offers). I doubt we could afford any of them anyway unless we move on half our current team. The team below would do the trick even with dickhead Des as coach

James Tedesco
Brett Morris
Josh Morris
Brenko Lee
Marcelo Montoya
Josh Reynolds
Matt Frawley
David Klemmer
Zac Woolford / Garvey
James Graham
RFM
Josh Jackson
Greg Eastwood
RESERVES
Sam Kasiano
Danny F
Adam Elliott
any big unit

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Players we need least in order - we should be shopping around to Tigers, Knights, and Dragons. Losing the first 4 would have no real impact on our team besides depth and would be worth shedding for Tedesco alone.
1/ Aiden Tolman. ($450K a season)
2/ Michael Lichaa, ($330K a season)
3/ Moses Mybe, ($700K a season)
4/ Will Hopoate, (only on $150K a season currently but will be seeking an upgrade and he'll offer to play Sundays but no thanks Mr Average)
Greg Eastwood ($600K a season)- not worth it
James Graham (he's not worth the $750K a season we are paying but I'd rather keep him than pay Woods $1M)
To keep Reynolds we're probably gonna have to upgrade him a bit to around $600K a season. He's asking for 800 reportedly. I think he's currenlty on about $450K
With the emergence of Matt Frawley all we really need is a great fullback which we've been crying out for since Barba left. FFS don't let us miss this opportunity for a good young fullback. Abbey may be okay but he's unlikely to ever be as good as Tedesco. We don't need Cronk (not worth $1.5K for 1 year only), Foran (seems like he hates Des so won't come) or Woods (too expensive for what he offers). I doubt we could afford any of them anyway unless we move on half our current team. The team below would do the trick even with dickhead Des as coach

James Tedesco
Brett Morris
Josh Morris
Brenko Lee
Marcelo Montoya
Josh Reynolds
Matt Frawley
David Klemmer
Zac Woolford / Garvey
James Graham
RFM
Josh Jackson
Greg Eastwood
RESERVES
Sam Kasiano
Danny F
Adam Elliott
any big unit
Garvey has never outplayed Lichaa.

Why do you think Woolfords development would be any different to Lichaas? It would ultimately just be setting back the clock 2 years.

If we want a hooker that plays like an established first grader then we need to buy one

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
50 line paragraph and I got to "keep Reynolds" and once again I knew you were spewing mental diahorrea. Give me a fucking break

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
50 line paragraph and I got to "keep Reynolds" and once again I knew you were spewing mental diahorrea. Give me a fucking break
I'm not a Reynolds fan at all but he seems to play better with Frawley freeing him up. It's gonna be a tight squeeze fitting ANY new players under the cap. We have to keep some and there's not many halves on the market or at the price we should be able to keep Reynolds at. Looks like we've already missed out om Mitchell Moses and Foran doesn't seem too keen on reuniting with Des after knocking him back on three previous occasions. If Cronk had 2 seasons left in him he might be worth chasing but 1 season for over a MIL seems risky and is no long term solution

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Garvey has never outplayed Lichaa.

Why do you think Woolfords development would be any different to Lichaas? It would ultimately just be setting back the clock 2 years.

If we want a hooker that plays like an established first grader then we need to buy one
We can't buy or afford them all unfortunately. Woolford played a bit of first grade at the Raiders last year I believe. He can kick (which Lichaa can't) and pass (which Lichaa can't) and tackle so he can't be any worse than Lichaa.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not a Reynolds fan at all but he seems to play better with Frawley freeing him up. It's gonna be a tight squeeze fitting ANY new players under the cap. We have to keep some and there's not many halves on the market or at the price we should be able to keep Reynolds at. Looks like we've already missed out om Mitchell Moses and Foran doesn't seem too keen on reuniting with Des after knocking him back on three previous occasions. If Cronk had 2 seasons left in him he might be worth chasing but 1 season for over a MIL seems risky and is no long term solution
So the obvious alternative is giving Mbye the same benefit as Reynolds has had and give him game time as a 6 outside Frawley.

Unpopular opinion: Best case scenario for the cap is we don't have to re-sign Reynolds

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We can't buy or afford them all unfortunately. Woolford played a bit of first grade at the Raiders last year I believe. He can kick (which Lichaa can't) and pass (which Lichaa can't) and tackle so he can't be any worse than Lichaa.
I don't subscribe to the whole idea Lichaa can't pass. As for kicking, it's not the most important thing we need right now. I'd happily re-sign Lichaa on a 2 year contract 250-300k and keep the development going.

jasonsmith1994

Waterboy
Reaction score
WE NEED A HALFBACK AND A GOALKICKER, MBYES GOALKICK AFTER THE MONTOYA TRY WAS MAYBE THE WORST GOALKICK IVE EVER SEEN,WHOS WATCHING MBYE AT TRAINING

chriso

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why do you think we need a halfback?
Frawley is the future ,he is a footballer, calm, precise and organised. fuck Foran, gronk and whoever else yas wanna carry on about.

We need to focus on a decent fullback , in the meantime leave Brett at the back and mybe in the centres.
And ffs teach someone to fucking goal kick, we are going to loose games because of it if we don't improve someone.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Enough already.
Most of the players listed are contracted beyond this season.
Also football teams cannot function or perform well with 'damacles sword' hanging over the heads of all these players that posters here want to 'move on'.
Uncertainty in any workplace leads to loss of productivity.
Uncertainty in a football team is fatal to the teams chances of success.

Yes I agree some players like Lichaa maybe shouldn't be offerred a new contract.
But he is only on $300k a year.
If he has been playing to Des' instructions then my view is the club is obligated to offer him a new contract.
As to Hopoate, if you think he hasn't been great value at $150k a season, you are nuts.

Personally I think Mybe has been the biggest disappointed with his form at the end of last season being diabolical.
I'm not sure what is going on with him.
I'm convinced he is not a halfback, but could have a great career at 6, maybe 9 or 1?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There's no reason to keep Reynolds above mbye.
Reynolds is off contract and has fulfilled his potential. Mbye would need to be payed out, has much more potential, and at least, deserves a shot at 5/8th outside a controlling halfback.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the obvious alternative is giving Mbye the same benefit as Reynolds has had and give him game time as a 6 outside Frawley.

Unpopular opinion: Best case scenario for the cap is we don't have to re-sign Reynolds
Correct. Moses is younger, more potential and is still contracted. Reynolds is older and won't get any better. Also he was crap
Last night even with Frawley. Who's to say Moses wouldn't shine next to Frawley.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do you think we need a halfback?
Frawley is the future ,he is a footballer, calm, precise and organised. fuck Foran, gronk and whoever else yas wanna carry on about.

We need to focus on a decent fullback , in the meantime leave Brett at the back and mybe in the centres.
And ffs teach someone to fucking goal kick, we are going to loose games because of it if we don't improve someone.
Frawley not proven yet. It's only. Been 1 1/2 games. If we can get Foran then get him. Frawley and Foran in the halves with Mbye at hooker.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Darius Boyd
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris
4. Brenko Lee
5. Marcelo Montoya
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Moses Mbye
10. David Klemmer
11. Josh Jackson
12. Coen Hess
13. James Graham

14. Sam Kasiano
15. RFM
16. Adam Elliott
17. Danny Fualalo

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For FK'S sake Des if we did not have a back (ie. Frawley) on the bench we would not have won last night having 4 powerful forwards on the bench and playing one 5-10 m at most annoys me more than the fact that under you Des we cannot be more than a very average team. Cannot understand posts also listing 4 forwards in their preferred team.
HEY THERE DIB, CASTLES ETC, COULDNT YOU SEE HOW MANY STUPID DECISSIONS DES HAD MADE BEFORE YOU RE SIGNED HIM, DO YOU PEOPLE KNOW NOTHING ABOUT RUGBY LEAGUE.
I'm sure if we could not have found another decent coach willing to come here, Jimmy, Baa and even Turvey would have done better.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lichaa, Hoppa, Reynolds don't need to be shopped, they are off contract and free to go.

Hasler just re-signed Tolman, Eastwood, Mbye there's next to no chance they will be shopped around or any club would pay what we have. Eastwood looks like a barrell on legs, I don't even know how he can run 10m.

The best we can hope for is a decent fullback but if we're in the race with the roosters for Teddy I don't hold out much hope.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
We definitely dont need Aaron Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.