Players we need least in order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Very constructive mate, suggest to offload recently resigned players. This logical thinking will help us heaps.

mattressback

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I actually think Tolman has been a big improver this year. He has muscled up in the off season, and his post contact metres gained seem a lot better this year. I agree he was a plodder...not so much now, though.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We can't buy or afford them all unfortunately. Woolford played a bit of first grade at the Raiders last year I believe. He can kick (which Lichaa can't) and pass (which Lichaa can't) and tackle so he can't be any worse than Lichaa.
He can be a lot worse than Lichaa. He can't even make the starting side for a reggies team that gets flogged every week.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Players we need least in order - we should be shopping around to Tigers, Knights, and Dragons. Losing the first 4 would have no real impact on our team besides depth and would be worth shedding for Tedesco alone.
1/ Aiden Tolman. ($450K a season)
2/ Michael Lichaa, ($330K a season)
3/ Moses Mybe, ($700K a season)
4/ Will Hopoate, (only on $150K a season currently but will be seeking an upgrade and he'll offer to play Sundays but no thanks Mr Average)
Greg Eastwood ($600K a season)- not worth it
James Graham (he's not worth the $750K a season we are paying but I'd rather keep him than pay Woods $1M)
To keep Reynolds we're probably gonna have to upgrade him a bit to around $600K a season. He's asking for 800 reportedly. I think he's currenlty on about $450K
With the emergence of Matt Frawley all we really need is a great fullback which we've been crying out for since Barba left. FFS don't let us miss this opportunity for a good young fullback. Abbey may be okay but he's unlikely to ever be as good as Tedesco. We don't need Cronk (not worth $1.5K for 1 year only), Foran (seems like he hates Des so won't come) or Woods (too expensive for what he offers). I doubt we could afford any of them anyway unless we move on half our current team. The team below would do the trick even with dickhead Des as coach

James Tedesco
Brett Morris
Josh Morris
Brenko Lee
Marcelo Montoya
Josh Reynolds
Matt Frawley
David Klemmer
Zac Woolford / Garvey
James Graham
RFM
Josh Jackson
Greg Eastwood
RESERVES
Sam Kasiano
Danny F
Adam Elliott
any big unit
Graham has been an absolute gun since Frawley came into the team if wards it is worth 1 million then Graham is worth 2 million

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually think Tolman has been a big improver this year. He has muscled up in the off season, and his post contact metres gained seem a lot better this year. I agree he was a plodder...not so much now, though.
As much as it pains me because I can't stand him the game at against the nights was by far his best actually ran with a bit of impact I don't expect to see that for the rest of the year

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't subscribe to the whole idea Lichaa can't pass. As for kicking, it's not the most important thing we need right now. I'd happily re-sign Lichaa on a 2 year contract 250-300k and keep the development going.
"Lichaa" is shit!!! absolute rubbish!!!

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
As much as it pains me because I can't stand him the game at against the nights was by far his best actually ran with a bit of impact I don't expect to see that for the rest of the year
I didn't think he played much different from every other week. In fact his average carries have been between 8.3 and 9 metres every year for the past 5 years and last night it was 8.8. His tackles are similarly in the normal range for him 35 - 38 per game. The only thing that we didn't see last night was the 3 or 4 times he usually ends up with the ball on the 4th/5th tackle. There are two apparent reasons for that. One is Lichaa is being more selective and the second is when either Tolman or Graham got the ball at the back end of the set they passed it straight away. The bottom line is that Tolman does a job for us and he earns his keep.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
"Lichaa" is shit!!! absolute rubbish!!!
3 runs for 43 metres and 32 tackles - whats wrong with that? And that was a quiet night for him. He holds the middle well in defence. It's not like he is third man in Farah or something. And he is running the ball a lot more this year. He only costs $300k pa and that represents pretty good value.

Status
Not open for further replies.