Player ratings 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Luke Patten - Disappointing year, well below his best. Is no longer the safe fullback we have known him to be. Isn't up there with Boyd, Slater and Hayne and is down the ranks of fullback. 6/10
2. Steve Turner - Started the year in great form. Great dummy half runs throughout the whole year kept putting us on the front foot. His form has dropped badly in the second half of the season. Has had 3 or 4 terrible games in a row. 6.5/10
3. Josh Morris - Although he has hogged the ball way too much this year, he has been the only outside back that has been able to break the opposition line. Has bombed way too many chances this year, but is still our second leading try scorer. Looks dangerous when he gets his hands on the ball and has been good in defence. 6.5/10
4. Shane Neumann - Did a great job containing Inglis in Adelaide, but has been a failure since. 3/10
5. Bryson Goodwin - Seems to have slowed down a bit this year. Hasn't kicked on with his '09 form. His goalkicking has been a highlight this year. Could've scored way more tries if Morris didn't bomb so many. 6/10
6. Ben Roberts - Been injured for most of the year. Had a shocking first 7 games to the year. Has been sharp since returning from injury. Provided Morris with early ball throughout the whole year, something noone else has done. 5/10
7. Brett Kimmorley - Extremely disappointing year. Has been very flat barring the roosters round 3 game. Terrible attack, lacklustre defence but has to be rewarded for his courage and effort. More heart than anyone else imo. 5.5/10
8. Ben Hannant - Was great for the first 8 rounds of the year before he got injured. Has been soft and not as efficient since he returned. Effort has been poor since his signing with the Horses. Paea > Hannant for the last couple of months. 6.5/10
9. Michael Ennis - Has been incostistent this year, although he has played some very good games. Shined in a few matches, but tried doing too many things. Played with heart and aggression, one of the best this year for me. 7.5/10
10. Ryan Tandy - Best player since he came from Melbourne. Damaging runs, offloads, stamina exactly what we needed from one more player. Only forwards that didnt get dominated on Saturday. Definitely player of the year for me. 8.5/10
11. Jamal Idris - Very good year for Jamal. Represented NSW in origin this year and played great in the 2nd row. Definitely a star in the making, needs to work on his reading of the play and needs to inject himself more. Good year in general. 8/10
12. Andrew Ryan - Played his heart out every week. His body is struggling to handle the rigours of NRL football and i see him as more of a 50-60 minute player now. Adapted well to the front row, but hardly touched the ball and didn't lead the team around the park with passion. Average year. 6.5/10
13. David Stagg - Has been yet again a great performer. Hasn't been as effective in attack this year, but still makes his 10000 tackles a game. Consistent, but not as high as the 2009 ride. Solid year. 7.5/10
14. Mickey Paea - Great 2nd half of the year for him. Deserves a start, and has been a great addition to the pack. Runs with gusto and power, and has an offload in him. Will shine with a team rolling forward. 7/10
15. Dene Halatau - Poor year. Injury and mistake riddled. 4/10
16. Chris Armit / Michael Hodgson - Similar players. Chris definitely has been the better, but hasn't played as much. I'd take Armit of Hodgo any day. 5.5/10
17. Ben Barba - Amazing rise this year. Been our most destructive player and has improved his defence significantly. Been really impressed with him this year, and can't wait to see him at fullback next year. 8.5/10
18. Blake Green - Absolutely ****. Expected better. 3/10\
19. Jarrad Hickey - Fat, unfit and slow. Not a first grade player. 2.5/10
20. Tim Browne - Looked promising against the Warriors, but wasn't given enough chances to prove himself. Will hopefully see him more in 2011. 4.5/10
21. Martin Taupau - Played 15 minutes against the Warriors and got pushed around. Will hopefully be a star front rower in a couple of years. 2.5/10
22. Daniel Rauicava - Didn't display much, but has only been given 1 game so far. Would like to see him in another game. 2.5/10
23. Brad Morrin - All effort this bloke. Good on him, but doesn't have the skills and physique to handle the NRL. 2.5/10
24. Junior Tia-Kilifi - 2 tries in two games. Defence was woeful, but offers good metres from the wing and is a handy backup. 3.5/10
25. Tim Winitana - Solid in his couple of games. Nothing special. 4/10
26. Heka Nanai - Rubbish. ENough said. 2/10
27. Gary Warburton - Poor this year. Is not first grade material. We already have Stagg in the team who does the tackling, but the difference between him and Stagg is that Stagg actually offers something. 3.5/10
28. Yileen Gordon - Poor year. Talented, but didn't continue on from 2009. Disappointing to see him fail this year. 3/10
29. Joel Romelo - Good start to his Dogs career. Would be nice to see him on the bench somewhere. Put some massive hits on and made some breaks from Dummy half. 4.5/10
30. Jake Foster - Was the most impressive young second rower this year. Shame he only lasted one game. I'm looking forward to see him in the 17 next year.
31 - Danny Williams - Didn't have any impact. Nothing year. NSW Cup standard. 2/10

Can't recall any other players playing this year. Everyone elses thoughts?

zeedog

Bulldog Fanatic
Reaction score
Romelo on 4.5???

What this kid has done wrong to get 4.5???

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Romelo on 4.5???

What this kid has done wrong to get 4.5???
Basing it on amount of time played as well mate. Hence why I gave Patten and Hodgo etc. more than Romelo. Romelo played about a half of football in total man, isn't what i'd call a great year. Talented player ? Yes. Great year ? No

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow you ought to be congratulated for your post. How long did that take you

zeedog

Bulldog Fanatic
Reaction score
Basing it on amount of time played as well mate. Hence why I gave Patten and Hodgo etc. more than Romelo. Romelo played about a half of football in total man, isn't what i'd call a great year. Talented player ? Yes. Great year ? No
its not his fault Kevin Moore didnt get him enuf game time.... on that basis Barba had pretty avergae year too as he could have played all the games

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Good job, agree with 99% of your marks. I am starting to wonder if Ennis is the player we need at the dogs? I mean I prefer a hooker like Hetherington was, low key, hard worker, great passing, good dummy half runs and a real solid performer. Ennis seems to have some major issues with giving away constant stupid penalties, bad passes, always niggling, bad decisions and not what I was hoping we would get from him. I give Ennis a 4/10 this year and wouldn't be upset if he went back to the donkeys, hope he has a way better year next year and changes my mind.

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score
I think Ryan has improved heaps this year despite our dismal season.

Pa-28

Bring back the BIFF!!!
Reaction score
Agree with most things except I cant give Ennis a 7.5. He had 3 good games this year after origin, but other than that I seriously think he has been our worst player. Most overrated hooker in the game.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Turner hasnt dropped much in form lol

actually against the raiders he made just under 200 metres. Thats awesome for any fullback. 1 missed tackle doesnt mean he had a shocker

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree with all your ratings except the Warburton one. He should be 0.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Turner hasnt dropped much in form lol

actually against the raiders he made just under 200 metres. Thats awesome for any fullback. 1 missed tackle doesnt mean he had a shocker
x2. Turner has been one of our best all year.

After watching him against the Raiders, I feel he should have been our Fullback all year. Would have done a much better job than Patten, as much as it pains me to say it.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Idris getting anything over 3 is a laugh, Ryan getting anything under a 7 is a laugh. Barba had 5 good games and 5 bad ones, so around 5/6. Turner was a 7.5/8

numba1fan

Waterboy
Reaction score
8/10 jamal what drugs are you on ??? the guy cant tacklehe is lazy if anythink he has been our worst player this year apart from warburton epic failure on this rating

MAD DOG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
very harsh marker you are lol

Daniel Rauicava 2.5/10 ??? you got to be joking!! he was one of the best on the field during his debut game and honestly didnt do much wrong!! his invlovement was unbeleivable especially for a centre/... for a debut game, he played well.. he might of not scored 4 tries but his hunger, determination and effort was 100%... He outplayed Morris by far, and actually outplayed most of our other boys in the blue n white... Your markings dont match up...

Romelo actually had awesome games when he played for us, and was an ignition jumper when he came on... whats an ignition jumper you may ask? well its Romelo!!!

one other thing, Has Kevin Moore said that Barba will play fullback 100% ????? everyone keeps saying this, but KMoore only put Barba there once during the storm game when Patten got knocked out.. I dont recall Barba being that brilliant back there especially when Inglis tossed him back in the ingoal, but there is no way i will judge him on one game. i hope he will be a gun fullback for us and has potential to be a superstar as he has shown us over the year, but honestly, has KMoore said that the fullback position has been cemented by the X factor???? i recall X factor being in best form when he comes off the bench, and that is why he is nicked the X !!!!
anyone know if KMoore is using Barba at fullback guaranteed for 2011????

P

Paint.

MD - Hasn't named anyone yet, but Barba's said he'd like to play FB, Moore has said that that's the position he'll most likely play, but he said in the post match conference tyhat Turner is an option there

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Patten has been shocking

just looking at his stats makes me want to cry

59 tackles 32 MISSED TACKLES!
pretty massive ratio
22 errors

Status
Not open for further replies.