Plain Facts - Why Des & Dogs Must Part Ways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a 37 year Bulldogs veteran supporter & love the club, love the jumper & have supported all who have pulled that jumper on & held that clipboard on the sideline.

Lately, I've almost turned schizophrenic!!! Trying to let my love for my Doggies overrule my burning disappointment in where we are at right now as a team on the field.
I have & want to support Des, but yet my gut tells me that he must hold a lot of responsibility for where were at right now.
It's almost like that feeling when you were growing up & were dating that girl that made you feel good at times, but deep down in your gut you know that she's not the one for you.

Plain Facts - If you step back and have a look at us as a perspective employee considering coming in, this is how I think we might be judged or looked upon as an organization & some questions that might be asked..

Q- Is the Organization Stable? A- YES, The Bulldogs have been around since 1935 with no signs of crumbling after 80+ years of history.
Q- Is the Organization financially Strong? A- YES, The Bulldogs are arguably in the top 3 financially strongest teams in Sydney & in the top 4 of the NRL.
Q- Does the organization have the ability to attract strong 3rd party deals in order to entice top quality Marquee players that can win you games? One would assume YES.
Q- Will I be financially taken care of in my role? A- YES, Reports that Hasler i.e is on $1 million per season, so yes... we pay well.
Q- Will I be given the opportunity to run my department from top to bottom "My Way"without micro management interference? A- YES, Des had complete control for 5 years.
Q- Does the organization have world class facilities and ample funding in that area to enhance my position for success? YES
Q- Will I have control to recruit & manage my team list to mold the team I want in order to create success? YES, Des had that for 5 years.

Summation - The Bulldogs tick all the boxes for any perspective coach looking to win a premiership Or improve their status, the only problem is that they demand success.

It is my opinion, that after having all that a head coach could ask for after a long period of time, one could assume that the football team should be in a better position than when the coach first took over.

Fact - In 2012 Des took a roster that somebody else assembled to win the Minor Premiership. We then went onto to lose the Grand Final when Hasler had no plan B to overcome the Storm.(Blind Freddy could see that a short kick behind the offside outside storm rushing defense would have made a difference with Barba's speed to take advantage.. but no, we played it safe...we lost).
Fact - In 2013 we finished 6th & lost in the first round of the finals to Newcastle
Fact- In 2014 we finished 7th after losing 6 of our last 8 games & miraculously went on to get trounced in the Grand Final by Souths.
Fact- In 2015 we finished 5th, scrapped through the 1st final Vs the 8th & worst team in the finals the Dragons & then got smashed up by the Roosters the following week.
Fact- In 2016 we finished 7th after 3 straight losses & got smashed in week one of the finals to a very young & inexperienced Penrith team whilst our years best player had permission to sit on the sideline watching with Des permission.
Fact- Hasler has made questionable decisions in players he has chosen to retain & release. Some were still on contract & most have improved since they've gone i.e - Tapau, Finnucane, Ennis, Cook, Pritchard. (kept T-Rex).

It is my opinion that Hasler bases his coaching to much on his teams meeting expected statistical targets in order to win a game.
I believe that this type of coaching may well win you more games throughout a season than you you lose & will scrape you into the finals. Making the finals means I also keep my job & my $1 million a year wage.
I also believe that this style of football alone will not win you the big games that matter, it is Game Breaking Players Do. If you have both like Hasler did at Manly, then you may well have a premiership team.

The fact that Hasler has had ample time to improve our roster by recruiting gun young talent & established stars OR his failure to improve some of our own to that point brings me to the conclusion that he is unable to do so.

Every Premiership team consists of at least one Champion Game Breaker, Hasler has failed to Recruit one or develop one and their are many that are now questioning if that will ever happen at the Bulldogs.

I will support Des Hasler for as long as he wears that Blue & White striped tie, but I honestly believe it is time for our club to make fresh start & part ways with Des Hasler.

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Simply he needs to go, his coaching methods are stale and he has lost the players.

Reactions: DT

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You made some very Good points mate.
I've supported him for too long now but without the right roster he won't win a Comp and problem is he can't recruit players. Not even players that look upto him like a father figure.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
After the shit he has dished out how can a fan get behind the coach when there isn't any trust or belief they can get the job done?

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Recruitment Retention has been a disaster

I would never have let Cook or Finucane go , both were on little $ and both showed good form in FG in our colours

Why release Rona who was a gun winger?

Releaing Ennis was a mistake

Kept TRex instead of players like Pritchard and Taupau

Why hold onto TRex and not drop him? Hes on only 100K at Sharks and still cant crack their FG team

No satisfactory replacement for Barba since 2013

No replacement for Hodko in 2012 when he was injured early and after he left in '15.

No goalkicker since Hodko left

Then weve let go of young guns who have flourished elsewhere Herman Essesee, Latu, Sezer

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our rich history & culture has now become the epitome of TRex's career - overweight, lazy & complacent...

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Nice post papa.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
It is my opinion that Hasler bases his coaching to much on his teams meeting expected statistical targets in order to win a game.
I believe that this type of coaching may well win you more games throughout a season than you you lose & will scrape you into the finals.
Are you alluding to the idea that Des is a Moneyball fan? Interesting idea.

harks76

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't care about Des, Castle, Dib or any other muppet that runs the club. The players that took that field yesterday are to blame, We have not been great thus far but not that bad. What was dished up yesterday was disgusting.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I will support Des Hasler for as long as he wears that Blue & White striped tie.
Hitler had a lot of support for 5 years come round april 45 most knew the **** was just about fucked and bailed on him.
Those few supporters he did have left ended up toast.
In short a brutal dictator who wont accept change will do no **** any good .if you get stabbed in the guts and shits hanging out everywhere you dont just sit there and hope it gets better. You go fuck me i better go see a doc and get this shit fixed up so i can get better and move on.
What im trying to get at is fuck hasler

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
If the players are behind Des like all the media keep reporting than why won't they play in a way to save his career?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Recruitment Retention has been a disaster

I would never have let Cook or Finucane go , both were on little $ and both showed good form in FG in our colours

Why release Rona who was a gun winger?

Releaing Ennis was a mistake

Kept TRex instead of players like Pritchard and Taupau

Why hold onto TRex and not drop him? Hes on only 100K at Sharks and still cant crack their FG team

No satisfactory replacement for Barba since 2013

No replacement for Hodko in 2012 when he was injured early and after he left in '15.

No goalkicker since Hodko left

Then weve let go of young guns who have flourished elsewhere Herman Essesee, Latu, Sezer

I was listening to the radio and they were sort of blaming Liccha, Mbye and Reynolds and basically said they are not doing good enough job and is the main reason we are in a position where we are. I almost picked up the phone and gave them a call to tell them following points

1- Mick Ennis was an average hooker and basically unwanted at the club before he left the club (des)
2- It is incorrect that we didnt have the decent halves , Des recruited Liccha who was the best up coming hooker on the scene , the junior who won all the accolades and achieved every thing under the sun before he got here with Des. Mbye was regarded as future maroon and also rated highly by the experts.
3- So it is absolute BS that we have the worst halves in the comp...we have the worst coach in the comp who destroys career.
4- Did I mention how Ennis, Cook, Finucane and Tapau proved Des cant coach and cant spot talent either.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't care about Des, Castle, Dib or any other muppet that runs the club. The players that took that field yesterday are to blame, We have not been great thus far but not that bad. What was dished up yesterday was disgusting.

Not really you can't say the boys need to take responsibility anymore because I think des has assembled this team and they are just not capable.

We don't have a halfback

Renoylds is still our 5/8,seriously how many tries does this goose set up to deserve to be our starting 5/8 for so many years?

Our starting front towers have no punch

This is all des he selects the sides he decides to never drop players he decides who to recruit.

The players cannot be blamed for Hasler picking them.

Sorry but this is all on Hasler raylene and the board.

Bring back Turvey

Status
Not open for further replies.