News Pi**es me off’: Furious Dogs coach hints big changes after ‘terrible’ Eels loss

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Too inconsistent
Too many brain farts
Lazy attitude

We were desperate when Barrett signed him. He rolled the dice and we lost unfortunately. We’re stuck with this lump for another year.

He’ll be selected again this week.
Gus signed him not barrett

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have grave concerns moving forward if we make mass changes and we still get towelled up.
It’s not a good look on players and especially for the coach.
I hope coach makes some proactive changes against the sharks and can get them to fire up against sharks.
The Sharks will be out to wipe this week's disaster from their minds, and give their fans something to cheer about. They know that we are low hanging fruit ripe for the picking. All they have to do is shut down Burton, as Parramatta did, and it's game over.

I expect Hynes to play to his best in front of a home crowd, and their big units to rip into our lighter, inexperienced forwards.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Like I’ve said previously, our team is too delicate and inexperienced for a Tpj to be rushing outta the line. I’m pretty sure that’s not part of the system. Yeh the cover shoulda been there, but cmon man.

cc just needs to man up and just drop the same fuckers that have been missing and sliding off tackles.
The way he was talking at the press conference sounds like that is likely to happen.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Plenty of players put their hand up in the NSW Cup team yesterday, they were outstanding. I'll be very surprised if a number of them don't get promoted this week. My guesses, Pele, can't play a lot of minutes but makes an impact when he's on. Flanagan, absolutely killed it, and Burns was outstanding in attack and defence. Brown was good too, didn't play a lot of minutes but was effective and maybe Wilson who had a good audition at fullback.

Always a Bulldog
I'd be surprised if Wilson isn't fg fb in the next couple of weeks, he was a fb at junior level i think.It wouldn't surprise me if 1 or both centres aren't replaced soon too

Reaction score
the only thing bulldogs about this team atm is jacob preston.

the most disheartening thing imo is the gap to the next best performer is wider then the grand canyon

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Bulldogs’ flimsy defence against the Eels “pi**ed off” coach Cameron Ciraldo so much that he’s hinted some big changes to the side.

The Dogs missed a whopping 54 tackles in the 34-12 loss. The coach was disappointed to say the least — and put the blowtorch on his more experienced players.

“Defensively we were terrible,” Ciraldo said.

“The 54 missed tackles shows that. A lot of lack of effort off the ball, no togetherness in our defence and just some really poor tackling which pi**es me off the most.”

“Defensively we were terrible,” Ciraldo said.

“The 54 missed tackles shows that. A lot of lack of effort off the ball, no togetherness in our defence and just some really poor tackling which pi**es me off the most.”

“I thought he started all right,” he said.

“I said to them if you’re going to make a mistake defensively tonight make it going hard and he went hard twice. He got the detail wrong but there no one inside on to help save his arse and that’s what good teams do.

“We made seven linebreaks tonight to six, they scrambled way better than we did — that’s not the team we want to be.

“We want to build this club on defence and to have that many points put on you and miss 54 tackles is not what we’re going to be about.”

Ciraldo has made several tweaks to his 17 this season and indicated more could be coming — especially after the club’s New South Wales Cup side smashed the Eels 64-12.

“We’ve got a system in place... Everyone’s been given a chance to show they can do this system but at the moment if they can’t, we’re going to have to find people that can,” he said.

“Our NSW Cup side won convincingly, they scored 64 points but it’s their defence that’s impressed me the most. Some of those guys are really putting their hand up to play NRL.

“I thought our attack looked more dangerous at times so we are getting the combinations right there in attack but defensively it’s not where it needs to be and I need to find the people that can get it to where it needs to be.”

One player that is putting their hand up is halfback-turned-hooker Kyle Flanagan, who scored four tries and set up another in the reserve grade win.

Flanagan has shifted to No.9 ever since he was dropped in Round 9 and has looked very comfortable in the new role.

“He’s training really well, he’s really bought into the new position,” Ciraldo said.

“He’s probably in an unlucky position at the moment where he’s behind our captain but he’s doing everything possible to force his way into the team... maybe at some stage that might mean a bench spot moving forward.”
Mahoney shouldn’t be guaranteed his spot cause captaincy. He is playing very ordinary lately. They are just running over him every time

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dude, please don’t defend TPJ. This makes you look silly.
TPJ was dropped last season for a reason his defence.And he still does stupid errors.drop him.I hope they don’t resign him.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Too inconsistent
Too many brain farts
Lazy attitude

We were desperate when Barrett signed him. He rolled the dice and we lost unfortunately. We’re stuck with this lump for another year.

He’ll be selected again this week.
Let him go to the dolphins.Bennett is the only coach that will get the best out of him.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plenty of players put their hand up in the NSW Cup team yesterday, they were outstanding. I'll be very surprised if a number of them don't get promoted this week. My guesses, Pele, can't play a lot of minutes but makes an impact when he's on. Flanagan, absolutely killed it, and Burns was outstanding in attack and defence. Brown was good too, didn't play a lot of minutes but was effective and maybe Wilson who had a good audition at fullback.

Always a Bulldog
Flanagan has to come back...credit to him...he is putting in big time and maybe it would be good to have him in First grade to give Mahoney a spell

Reaction score
Kiraz is no disappointment.
indeed he is not, but i did say atm in the post, and at the moment kiraz is returning from injury and not yet back to his best.

i wasn't hinting at kiraz but, rather that if the rest of the team played with preston's intensity we'd probably be in a better position then we were in at fulltime monday evening