Phil Gould knocked back by Ben Hunt as Bulldogs search for a seven

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our recruitment of middles has been poor, JWH and Horse will not leave their clubs, Vaughan should have been our highest paid middle.
Thomas Hazelton and Lindsay smith are young and good now and will only get better.
No half would want to sign to play behind our useless middles, i would get rid of every single one of them and get 6 new ones.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah Tranny Pangai Jnr has been a massive disappointment. Unfortunately just like with halves though, there are very few good props available. Gus will need to find another King or Preston or hope someone asks for a release. I'd kill to get someone like JWH, Horse or even Moeaki but it will never happen.
Not that I know any, but I imagine there are many trannies tougher than Pengai Jnr.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hunt is not the best option, but the best option that MAY be the only plausible option at the moment.

Everyone craps on that Burton needs an established HB next to him, Hunt is an established HB that could be available.

But then they will say ok he has a HB next to him but needs a representative pack in front of him.

When will you stop making excuses for him. If a player needs a rep level spine and pack to perform are they that good as you think they are?
I reckon we wait haboob. Fair enough bring him in if he’s the best or top 3 halfback, I reckon he’s mediocre and ain’t rep level. We are making slow and steady progress, just wait another 4-5 years brother :tonguewink:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not that I know any, but I imagine there are many trannies tougher than Pengai Jnr.
I dunno... I saw someone at the Erko bowlo a few weeks ago that was bigger than TPJ! I wouldn't want to run at them!

The Roosters WNRL team were there too. I wouldn't want to run at half of them either. Haha

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they might, he is on huge money. Could have a destabilising effect on the squad as he has been vocal about their performance. He was moved to hooker to accomodate Amone and Sullivan. Hunt has stated he does not like playing there.

It would make sense for the Dragons to cut their losses and rebuild. Mind you, I want him at the Dogs haha.
He's still playing elite level footy so I don't think he's considered as a liability on a huge contract. He's worth every cent.

Their last 5 losses before last week they easily could have won all because of Hunt, but the rest of the team were shit house. I think a new coach would just need to make slight adjustments and probably get more out of some players (Hook struggled with the management of people) and they will win a lot more games.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No it doesn't. But they are in disarray at the moment and their recruitment has been rubbish. Politis will want a quick fix.
He might want that but he's definitely not going to get it.

Roosters are staring down the barrell of a rebuild that may take 5+ years.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I reckon we wait haboob. Fair enough bring him in if he’s the best or top 3 halfback, I reckon he’s mediocre and ain’t rep level. We are making slow and steady progress, just wait another 4-5 years brother :tonguewink:
If he picks and sticks with KO and Burton then that's fine too.

Just get rid of the PR stunt and let KO play 80 mins week in, week out.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's still playing elite level footy so I don't think he's considered as a liability on a huge contract. He's worth every cent.

Their last 5 losses before last week they easily could have won all because of Hunt, but the rest of the team were shit house. I think a new coach would just need to make slight adjustments and probably get more out of some players (Hook struggled with the management of people) and they will win a lot more games.
He would answer a lot of our questions short term but Dragons would need to pay some freight.

If we could get him for around the 800k mark for two years whilst we develop or search for a replacement. I would definitely have him.

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He would answer a lot of our questions short term but Dragons would need to pay some freight.

If we could get him for around the 800k mark for two years whilst we develop or search for a replacement. I would definitely have him.
We don't need him.
WE are a young team and building. Drag in these older guys and what does KO learn in reserve grade?
He learns that there maybe greener pastures somewhere.
The Dogs have some great players coming through the grades and they don't need any 33-35 year old players blocking them.
I would rather watch a team of up and coming goers than a team with Superannuees.

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So with griffin gone now do you reckon bulldogs will go after ben hunt for a year or 2 or not

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two years of Hunt with KO coming off the bench then transitioning into halves. KO is 18 and has plenty to learn

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We don't need him.
WE are a young team and building. Drag in these older guys and what does KO learn in reserve grade?
He learns that there maybe greener pastures somewhere.
The Dogs have some great players coming through the grades and they don't need any 33-35 year old players blocking them.
I would rather watch a team of up and coming goers than a team with Superannuees.
we need him. Even Cleary had Mahoney and Wallace (guessing a bit with Wallace).

veteran halves esp in our young team environment are worth their weight in gold. Let alone a veteran top 5 still productive half like Ben hunt

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok does any realiable source know if we put in a bid for hunt and will dogs do it

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Recruit a pack first then sign him on good conditions within the contract next