(Perspective) Nice win, but..

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree CH.

1. Bulldogs thug supporter declares fatwa on own club by flashing Matt Burton with lazer while lining up kick for goal ;)

2. Souths coach Jason DemiGod denounces random souths jersey guy with lazer, revealing his true identity was well known South Western Sydney Lebanese Bulldog crime figure.
The laser guy would be headlined as typical of all Bulldog supporters, and the story would run about how the club has failed to protect the safety of people at the game from its out of control fans. We've seen this in the media, so I am not exaggerating. The bottle incident at the Black Friday game against Souths was a perfect example.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was not the best of wins because they almost threw it away at the end, however, it was far from hollow mainly because most of the tries we scored were well constructed and executed with minimal elements of luck involved and that bodes well for the future.
Similar to the Tigers game earlier this year.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
With all dew respect I think south’s missing Latrell, Cody Walker, Cook, Murray, kenoamatangi, arrow etc is a bit more significant lol
With even more due respect (not to mention dew respect), the three Souths players that did us the most damage were Taaffe, Munro and Duncan, and none of them would have been playing if the Souths stars had been available.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The laser guy would be headlined as typical of all Bulldog supporters, and the story would run about how the club has failed to protect the safety of people at the game from its out of control fans. We've seen this in the media, so I am not exaggerating. The bottle incident at the Black Friday game against Souths was a perfect example.
We are always portrayed as the baddies. No doubt it would be front page on Faily Terrorgraph if done to Taafe as he lined up a kick. But hey we aren't gonna be in a position to take this rubbish for all that much longer. Gus has us on the up.

Last edited:

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We’re not playing finals so couldn’t care less how understrength Souths were. I’ll take any win after last weeks performance.
I’d love to get a better understanding of why our defence is so so bad though, especially in the back end of games. There were lots of kids out there sure, but these issues have plagued us all season and this game was almost carbon copy of the Tigers game at Belmore at the start of the season.
The team should be becoming more accustomed to Ciraldos defensive system now not regressing. I just don’t understand it.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We scored 0 last week but conceded 66
This week we scored 36 and conceded 32

Big turnaround on both fronts, regardless of opposition and the fact we had a bunch of reserve graders and debutants as well.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We’re not playing finals so couldn’t care less how understrength Souths were. I’ll take any win after last weeks performance.
I’d love to get a better understanding of why our defence is so so bad though, especially in the back end of games. There were lots of kids out there sure, but these issues have plagued us all season and this game was almost carbon copy of the Tigers game at Belmore at the start of the season.
The team should be becoming more accustomed to Ciraldos defensive system now not regressing. I just don’t understand it.
Coach appeared to make too many positional changes with rotations and they lost the plot near the end. Other than that, who knows. Their last try was a real worry in every aspect.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That was a reserve grade South’s team and we still only scraped the win

Still conceding 30+ points major concern

We probably won’t win another game this season, so we should party hard tonight.

Well done to the boys particularly the young fellas who stepped up eg Wilson and Sexton
I agree with perspective
But we are not full strength either.

I have no doubt a full strength souths team beats a full strength dogs team at the moment.

But here is a little perspective for you.
Our depleted Dogs team, beat the depleted souths team.

That's the real perspective.

Enjoy the win, and go the bulldogs.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah def CC's fault with chopping and changing positions towards the end there. Threw our defensive rhythm out. Hopefully another lesson learned for him. Gus needs to sit in the coach's box with him to help out with his rotations.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Coach appeared to make too many positional changes with rotations and they lost the plot near the end. Other than that, who knows. Their last try was a real worry in every aspect.
The coach is undoubtedly using matches like you would trials.
It's all about next year.
This year out of necessity he has to blood so many kids.
He is doing what he needs to do for the future.

It's hard on us fans right now
But we will see the results of this down the track.
That I'm sure.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As bad as we've been this season and as many issues as there still are, we only have one less win than the Roosters who have one of the most talented squads in the comp and who cheat the cap every year.

We just need to sort the pack out and fix our defence.

jordansaba

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

That I'm sure.
we’ve said that every year for the past 3.

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think after last week’s disgusting performance we just wanted some effort put in. So we’ll take the win. Their defence is very alarming but I hope there’s a few more wins this season that we can enjoy

DFLWatto

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dumb pessimist view.
It's not about coming back perfect after a 66-0 thrashing, its about seeing them realise they need to get their shit together. Yes the defence was shit, but our attack was A LOT better... and you could tell that the efforts they displayed were 110% more than the week before, improvement. That is what you look for with a team, not an immediate perfect game.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

That I'm sure.
Roo it's first grade. The guys need the confidence a win brings for next year as well.Just plain silly some of the things CC does as our coach.
Steep learning curve for him as well. No doubt he'll improve but atm Gus needs to help guide him like with this weeks team selections.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Ill take the win. The side that ran out the week before wouldnt have beaten the sg ball team. So beating a so called reserve grade team is an improvement.