Rumour Pearce to the dogs

Wild Robbo

Waterboy
Reaction score
I'm inclined to say no re Pearce given his age, injuries and his Michell Moses tendency to go missing in the biggest games. Admittedly I've never liked him so I'm probably biased too.

Guess you have to ask the question if we add him to our team next year will he win us a premiership in 2022 or 2023? If yes then maybe we should sign him, if no then I say pass.

It's what the Roosters consideredwhen they signed Cronk, so they obviously felt they had less chance of winning with Pearce.
Benji for 1 year would be much cheaper.
Let him have one more for the road with his brother.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I thought last nights game was the game of the season
Thought about why
Both sides but especially Raiders defended like Dogs at their best
Their fans will recall that game in the same reverential tones that we do the 2006 Dragons game at Kogarah
Can’t wait til it’s our boys doing it again - and you know from everything Gus has said that it’s how he wants us playing
If that Hudson Young ever became available I’d give him everything to get him over here
It was good because both teams were allowed a skinny 10 and the ref didn't blow a ridiculous amount of 6 agains that benefited any side. It was a proper contest

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Benji for 1 year would be much cheaper.
Let him have one more for the road with his brother.
I'd prefer that option if he's on the cheap too. It also means if we can develop someone enough who we already have now, then there's no need to offload them or lose them as it's only one season and not two.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he’s injury prone now and way past it should only sign him for a minimum or forget it

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I remember when he first came into the League he was touted as playing 350+ games (at the time smashing the record for games). I just noticed he will be lucky to get 350.

On a 1 year deal you’d take him (better off then keeping Lewis or Flanagan or hoping BBO or Averilo do well). At 2 years you’d reach your absolute limit with his usability. He has a great boot on him, he has a good running and passing game. Injuries have knocked him off the rails lately. And his drinking culture is of huge concern (last thing we need is an open ended reason of bad publicity). But if laundry is on board that should mitigate some of the issues.

Then if he can get the team to a top 6 performer and he chokes on the big stage, that’s better then being in a spoon battle.

Sezer would be nice, but Pearce would be not bad either (way better then ash Taylor or Milford, Norman etc).

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
I remember when he first came into the League he was touted as playing 350+ games (at the time smashing the record for games). I just noticed he will be lucky to get 350.

On a 1 year deal you’d take him (better off then keeping Lewis or Flanagan or hoping BBO or Averilo do well). At 2 years you’d reach your absolute limit with his usability. He has a great boot on him, he has a good running and passing game. Injuries have knocked him off the rails lately. And his drinking culture is of huge concern (last thing we need is an open ended reason of bad publicity). But if laundry is on board that should mitigate some of the issues.

Then if he can get the team to a top 6 performer and he chokes on the big stage, that’s better then being in a spoon battle.

Sezer would be nice, but Pearce would be not bad either (way better then ash Taylor or Milford, Norman etc).
Agree I would take him on a 1-2 year deal. Just him being in the side will take:

1. Media pressure
2. On field pressure
3. Leadership pressure

All off of the rest of the squad.

Averillo still needs more time if he is still hoping to make the 7 his own, we can't rely on him yet, and the failed Flanagan experiment has come and gone.

Flanagan is being shopped actively. Don't believe what Barrett tells the media.

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Burton needs an experienced halve
Around him to take the pressure off and play his natural game. Yes from me.
That’s what I said too bro I agree burton needs a expirence half for like 2 years just like Cleary and luai had Maloney which that was Gus desicion I think he’s doing the same here straight away now cause burton is set to be our best half and the next Cleary or johns I hope lol

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Why not! . We don’t have an experienced halfback and he also brings a good short kicking game that Burton has yet to develop

Mr T

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Plenty of pieces would need to fall for Pearce to come here. He’s at Knights until end of 2022 and is their senior playmaker. Burton might only be here until end of 2023 (if he doesn’t exercise his PO). He’s on about $600K at Knights now, and halves attract premiums these days, even Pearce. We’ll have to lock Burton down early and pay solid coin to convince Pearce to uproot and move to Belmore.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
THE Bulldogs are the latest club considering making a play for experienced Newcastle halfback Mitchell Pearce as part of the Belmore rebuild.

Canterbury-Bankstown power brokers and major sponsor the Laundy family have received a phone call from a third party reminding them of Pearce’s availability as of November 1.

Pearce is currently contracted with the Newcastle Knights until the end of next year but with plans to move Kalyn Ponga into the five-eighth role and Jake Clifford to play halfback the Bulldogs are looking at Pearce as a live option.

In addition to Matt Burton, Josh Addo-Carr, Matt Dufty, Tevita Pangai and Paul Vaughan it makes for a cracking Canterbury-Bankstown roster.

We’ve done a full 360, players and player managers now calling us looking to jump onboard the Bulldogs juggernaut.

Last edited:

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He played his junior football for the Asquith Magpies and North Ryde Hawks.[4] Pearce attended and played rugby union for Barker College, before transferring to Marist Catholic College North Shore for his senior years, where he played league alongside his friend Kieran Foran.[5][6] Pearce would later be signed by the Sydney Roosters. In December 2005, Pearce, who was then 16 years old, was at a charity golf function in Queensland's Sunshine Coast when was attacked by a drunken Craig Gower, the Penrith Panthers captain. Gower allegedly chased Pearce around the resort with a glass bottle before vomiting on him; Gower was also accused of manhandling and groping Pearce's older sister Tatum Pearce.[7]

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He played his junior football for the Asquith Magpies and North Ryde Hawks.[4] Pearce attended and played rugby union for Barker College, before transferring to Marist Catholic College North Shore for his senior years, where he played league alongside his friend Kieran Foran.[5][6] Pearce would later be signed by the Sydney Roosters. In December 2005, Pearce, who was then 16 years old, was at a charity golf function in Queensland's Sunshine Coast when was attacked by a drunken Craig Gower, the Penrith Panthers captain. Gower allegedly chased Pearce around the resort with a glass bottle before vomiting on him; Gower was also accused of manhandling and groping Pearce's older sister Tatum Pearce.[7]
Its the greatest story isnt it
gower chased him with a bottle after he confronted gower for touching up his sister
Shows what a softcock little pearce was

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's probably been mentioned but I was surprised to hear that we were shopping Flanagan. I guess this makes sense now that we are interested in Pearce. The fact that Flanagan rumours have begun, how far along has the enquiry gone with Pearce or are their multiple options we are looking at?