Rumour Pearce to the dogs

Mr T

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Clune heading to the knights apparently,maybe making it easier to move Pearce on.
Clune will be a backup as Pearce is injury-prone. Pearce isn't going anywhere though. Crossland is off-contract so he might be a possibility.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok, im just keen to get some experience somewhere in the spine for next year. I watched the cup game when Flanno was playing, Clune was that much better it was depressing

Mr T

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
ok, im just keen to get some experience somewhere in the spine for next year. I watched the cup game when Flanno was playing, Clune was that much better it was depressing
I think Ryley Jacks from Storm would be a great pickup. Not a world-beater by any means, but has experience and comes from a good system. Would be a good foil for Burton, providing a steady head beside him.

Mr T

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yikes. It'd have to be for after 2022 when his current deal is up, so he'd be 33-34 when he joins us (if it's true). It'd be Blake Green all over again.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yikes. It'd have to be for after 2022 when his current deal is up, so he'd be 33-34 when he joins us (if it's true). It'd be Blake Green all over again.
Why do you think it would have to be after 22?

Mr T

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why do you think it would have to be after 22?
That's when his current deal is up. He's not leaving a ~$600K contract for 2022 to sign a $350K contract for 3 years elsewhere, and there is just no way the Knights would offload their key playmaker early if they have to contribute anything to salary.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vossy said on his radio show he’s heard the dogs are tabling Pearce a 3 year deal.
Yep this has been going around for a while. Too many on this thread believe it is BS which it isn’t the club WANTS Pearce whether we get him or not is a different story

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why would he sign that? He's on almost double that ATM.
Because he's 32 and becoming injury prone, who knows what his next offer looks like?
He can bank on $1mil over 3 seasons, even if he gets injured he'll get paid something, there's no guarantee he'll get offers over $600k again and teams might just want to offer 1 year deals.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's when his current deal is up. He's not leaving a ~$600K contract for 2022 to sign a $350K contract for 3 years elsewhere, and there is just no way the Knights would offload their key playmaker early if they have to contribute anything to salary.
They won't stand in his way if he wants to leave, they might not pay freight but I don't think we'd need them to, especially if there was a swap involved.

The smart players look at securing a longer term future for more money overall, especially if they're becoming injury prone.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Because he's 32 and becoming injury prone, who knows what his next offer looks like?
He can bank on $1mil over 3 seasons, even if he gets injured he'll get paid something, there's no guarantee he'll get offers over $600k again and teams might just want to offer 1 year deals.
True, but I don't want to be stuck with him...Gus does love paying other clubs to take players though.