PC gone crazy

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
why is the PC brigade shoving diversity down our throats? for example when they chose the first female wiggle to join the group ffs

im not one of those sexist people who believe that women should be restricted to the kitchen, i even support their right to go outside or to drive a car etc, this is about promoting this lady to the main wiggle unit when she clearly can't fucking wiggle at all, her performance skills are fine and she can do the standard wiggle move ok but when she has to improvise or do any advanced wiggling she is god awful, its ruining my life and i have refused to buy any wiggles merchandise with her on it

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There are bigger problems in the world than this... like the Bulldogs who haven't made the finals in half a decade.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
why is the PC brigade shoving diversity down our throats? for example when they chose the first female wiggle to join the group ffs

im not one of those sexist people who believe that women should be restricted to the kitchen, i even support their right to go outside or to drive a car etc, this is about promoting this lady to the main wiggle unit when she clearly can't fucking wiggle at all, her performance skills are fine and she can do the standard wiggle move ok but when she has to improvise or do any advanced wiggling she is god awful, its ruining my life and i have refused to buy any wiggles merchandise with her on it

When it comes down to it she's the only wiggle that I'd watch dancing if there weren't kids in the room.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I note that she also drives the Big Red Car. It's political correctness gone mad.
Wiggles aren't as progressive as they claim.
Woman in Saudi Arabia were aloud to drive before the wiggles let Emma have a crack of the big red car.
Pretty sure they have now punted the screecher to her own vehicle these days.

Yeh the boys

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

What annoys me is how Ellen gets heaps of people saying what she’s like or example a male guest comes on the show and they all wolf whistle at him or get him to take his shirt off but then the same ones advocating for women’s rights are the same ones partaking in it. Politically correct culture Is a Cancer on Society

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve heard it all now…

A production of ‘Grease’ has been cancelled by two Perth schools because it contains ‘inappropriate content’ - specifically:

1) By Sandy changing her image to impress Danny, she was ‘conforming’ which is ‘not OK’.

2) The song ‘Summer Nights’ features a line ‘Did she put up a fight?’ which apparently condones sexual assault.

The world has officially gone mad.

Why don’t some students stick to Chemistry.
Oops - by suggesting that I’m probably trying to ‘narrow their choices’ and ‘confine’ them.
Time for a national ‘Dinkum says sorry’ day :-).

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’ve heard it all now…

A production of ‘Grease’ has been cancelled by two Perth schools because it contains ‘inappropriate content’ - specifically:

1) By Sandy changing her image to impress Danny, she was ‘conforming’ which is ‘not OK’.

2) The song ‘Summer Nights’ features a line ‘Did she put up a fight?’ which apparently condones sexual assault.

Oops - by suggesting that I’m probably trying to ‘narrow their choices’ and ‘confine’ them.
Can't study biology because it assumes only 2 genders

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve heard it all now…

Danny also changes himself to impress Sandy, so its kind if even stevens in that department. The concern in Grease for me (in the movie version) is that nobody looks remotely 17.

Summer Nights is a bit of a creepy song tbh, kind of like Baby It's Cold Outside level, not quite Blurred Lines level.

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Speaking of Political Correctness gone mad, why is there so much outrage for a singer giving a fan a golden shower during a gig? In my day you paid extra for the VIP package...

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Danny also changes himself to impress Sandy, so its kind if even stevens in that department. The concern in Grease for me (in the movie version) is that nobody looks remotely 17.
Yes - ages - apart from Grease I remember when my sister used to watch the original 90210 and remember thinking those actors looked north of 25 but were apparently still in high school. Gullible much.

At the end of the day Grease was something produced in the 1970’s and set in the 1950’s.

Sure attitudes have changed about various issues but to suggest this somehow ‘oppresses’ or ‘threatens’ anyone is absurd in my view. Many schools still perform it without issue. It’s harmless.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Speaking of Political Correctness gone mad, why is there do much outrage for a singer giving a fan a golden shower during a gig? In my day you paid extra for the VIP package...

It worked well. I like Brass Against and follow them on YouTube, but most people would have no clue who they are. Other than the singer doing American Idol, or the Voice, or one of those other terrible shows, they really have no exposure.

But they're only a cover band. A very talented cover band, but a cover band nonetheless.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

So the Wiggles are still your big thing. The rest of us grew up, left kindergarten shows behind, and started doing grown up things.