Ch 9 News (inc DannyW) Payne Haas

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What will be worse is when Bennett coaches the new Brisbane team. That’ll really be a burn job

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a fuckin circus the player merry go round is, the spin lies and ****-acts that are undertaken are nearly worthy of an NRL underbelly series if we just put a few guns into the picture..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'd much rather give rid of some other plodders and imagine a front row pairing of Thompson and Haas.
We have the option to sack Elliott (I think) and get all of his salary back into the cap but the rest of the players/duds we want to move on we wouldn't get much more than minimum wage back for them (we'd have to contribute a lot towards their salaries to play elsewhere) and we'd have to replace them with minimum wage players anyways. Thompson is one of our few assets in the team.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have the option to sack Elliott (I think) and get all of his salary back into the cap but the rest of the players/duds we want to move on we wouldn't get much more than minimum wage back for them (we'd have to contribute a lot towards their salaries to play elsewhere) and we'd have to replace them with minimum wage players anyways.
No idea how much if any truth but the tigvictims at least on their forum are interested in Waddell that would be handy....him and Elliott might "raise" 600ish?

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
100% haha..I'll give him a run for his money though bro. Im 6'2 and 145kgs of man meat lol. I also grew up around the corner from them and standard two burgers every time I went there. Nice tasting, but not the biggest burgers around.
He’s a adult smash 6-7 burger meals and then some.. make sure you have your card and not just cash. LOL

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I was thinking the same, however I would rather send them Napa and Elliot or even ofa there way instead of Thommo. Fuk me, imagine haas and Thommo up front. That's some serious metre eaters, post contact metres and some seriously fast and mobile front rowers. Hetherington has potential in the above departments also, as long as he works on his tackling technique he can also be a weapon imo.
Perhaps that is why we are trying to free up the cap space by offloading Thompson and signing Haas!

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd much rather give rid of some other plodders and imagine a front row pairing of Thompson and Haas.
Me too, I don’t want Thompson going anywhere I rate him more highly than all our other forwards put together! Thompson and Haas front row would be awesome but cant see it happening due to the money they would both command individually. You would have to be the Roosters or Storm to be able to afford both in the same team.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No idea how much if any truth but the tigvictims at least on their forum are interested in Waddell that would be handy....him and Elliott might "raise" 600ish?
Hypothetically, let's say Elliott's on 450k and Waddell's on 250k (700k). Let's say we have to contribute 100k towards Waddell's salary elsewhere. That frees up 600k (450k + 250k - 100k). Since we'll have 2 top 30 spots to fill, 1 player minimum wage and the other a decent player. That leaves about ~480k (600k - 120k) for another player. The numbers/salaries are just e.g.'s (obviously I and almost everyone else doesn't know shit) but I hope this answers your question.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Plus Laundy tipping in a juicy tpa Nick Politis style!
Hypothetically, let's say Elliott's on 450k and Waddell's on 250k (700k). Let's say we have to contribute 100k towards Waddell's salary elsewhere. That frees up 600k (450k + 250k - 100k). Since we'll have 2 top 30 spots to fill, 1 player minimum wage and the other a decent player. That leaves about ~480k (600k - 120k) for another player. The numbers/salaries are just e.g.'s (obviously I and almost everyone else doesn't know shit) but I hope this answers your question.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 29180
LOOK WHAT HAAS COMMENTED ON COTRICS PIC THE OTHER DAY NOW DELETED WHERE THERE IS SMOKE THERE IS FIRE BOYS
He is the best forward in the game, a supreme athlete, if we land Haas, amazing!

It makes a lot of sense financially, geographically, religiously and we do have some major influences in TPJ, SBW and Gus so it could be possible.

The team that need him the most and could absolutely fit him in is the Roosters so I’m kind of surprised by this, let’s hope it can happen. Broncos would have to release him though surely? Can’t see that happening…