Ch 9 News (inc DannyW) Payne Haas

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I feel like Thommo leaves if we sign Haas. I can’t see us being able to fit both under the cap unless we sacrifice on a higher earning spine player. If we upgrade Burton and had both Thommo and Haas up front, I think we’d need to live with the likes of JMK and BBO at 9 and a rookie/low cost 7.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can it please be Stinkson Elliott and Flanagan ?
It would be enough for him and the left overs can be used for a halfback.
I'd prefer your 3 nominations, but we can only get rid of contracted players if someone else wants them or they have 3 behavioral strikes against them like Elliot.

Elliot IMO is definitely gone.

Thompson is definitely wanted by other clubs & the desperate attitude the Tigers are showing tells me they will take him at full freight.

Flanagan & Stimpson I'm guessing would only be picked up by another club if they came dirt cheap, therefore we need still pay a big chunk.

Perhaps someone like the Broncos might show interest in Allan, but not sure.

There is a lot of noise around about offloading Cotric, but even though his on overs I believe we are yet to see the best in him for us.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well like I posted on here, SBW and Mundine are using that to get him here.
If there’s even a 2% chance of this happening Thompson will be at the tigers within the fortnight. Just can’t see it happening

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If there’s even a 2% chance of this happening Thompson will be at the tigers within the fortnight. Just can’t see it happening
That's why I said they are trying. No where near a done deal.

I can't see it happening either but Haas and Cheese are basically the only ones I'd get rid of Thommo for tbh

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Wow, can you guys imagine Payne Haas and King Elliott in the same pack?

Sign him up, give Elliott a slap on the wrist and give us the premiership now!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
anyone that thinks gus will pay a forward a mil a year for ten years is off their fucking head.
Gus said on air that Haas for 1m a year for 10 years was "cheap".

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, can you guys imagine Payne Haas and King Elliott in the same pack?

Sign him up, give Elliott a slap on the wrist and give us the premiership now!
sorry mate. Elliot is on the downward spiral.
If you know the bloke personally. please encourage him to see a psychologist.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually in more recent news today the broncos have come out and denied dobbo's report directly so perhaps there is a chance we can nab him still.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Actually in more recent news today the broncos have come out and denied dobbo's report directly so perhaps there is a chance we can nab him still.
Ch 9 News (inc DannyW) - Payne Haas | Page 5 | The Kennel Forum

The Broncos on Thursday morning released a statement clarifying no deal has been finalised. The statement did not directly address the report’s claim that the club had offered a new deal to Haas. “Payne is contracted with our club until the end of 2024,” the statement claimed. “Reports that an extension to his existing contract has been finalised are incorrect.”

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Channel 7 news earlier tonight reported that Payne Haas was very unhappy with the treatment of his former teammate and good friend TPJ surrounding his push out of the club. (I think it was Michelle Bishop)

This comment led straight into a clip with a Haas interview and him commenting on how there was alot of stuff going on behind the scenes.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Someone probably needs to ask the cows how the taumalolo contract is working out for them lol so glad Gus is in control of this shit now, How the fuck do people really believe Haas will be playing like he is right now in five years let alone ten.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Someone probably needs to ask the cows how the taumalolo contract is working out for them lol so glad Gus is in control of this shit now, How the fuck do people really believe Haas will be playing like he is right now in five years let alone ten.
Didn't Gus give RCG and Blake those ridiculous contracts?