• Yes

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • No

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Read this on the telegraph this morning thought I'd share, here is the team that will be listed this afternoon.

1. Nick Meaney
2. Jayden Okunbor
3. Kerrod Holland
4. Will Hopoate
5. Reimis Smith
6. Kieran Foran
7. Lachlan Lewis
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Jeremy Marshall-King
10. Dylan Napa
11. Josh Jackson
12. Rhyse Martin
13. Adam Elliott

14. Michael Lichaa
15. Ofahiki Ogden
16. Corey Harawira-Naera
17. Jesse Sue
I'd put Holland at no.4 to partner Smith.
I'd drop Elliot to the bench, put Jackson at lock and promote CHN to the starting side to take Jackson's position on the edge.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How has Sue survived the cut? He was embarrassing on Sunday. I wasn't convinced when we bought him and he is a stand out plodder.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hopefully within 5 weeks this should be the team when they go all out rebuilding after losing 7 straight games by 20 plus.... Even then, it still looks grim!

They should drop Foran and Lichaa all together.. Some of these youngsters may not be ready but they can't do worse than the chumps ahead of them so they might as well see what they have....

1. Nick Meaney
2. Jayden Okunbor
3. Will Hopoate
4. Morgan Harper
5. Reimis Smith
6. Brandon Wakeham
7. Lachlan Lewis
8. Okahifi Ogden
9. Nu Brown/JMK/Anyone but Lichaa
10. Dylan Napa
11. CHN
12. Rhyse Martin
13. Josh Jackson

14. Chris Smith
15. Aiden Tolman
16. Renouf Toomaga
17. RFM

Last edited:

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wow. Seems like a few changes on the cards. I still don’t know what lichaa offers off the bench. And for 10 mins to replace a hooker it’s a waste.

Better off getting more value from your bench. Instead of carrying someone for nothing. Don’t know if Jayden is the answer on the wing. But just goes to show how poor the squad is that he is the next cab off the rank.

Good luck to all the new players. You’d rather they made it through performances but maybe some fresh faces in the squad might fire the rest of the team up. And confidence is a huge thing in professional sports so hopefully the guys selected can step up.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Am I missing something isn't this just a story in the media, No team named yet so NO one actually knows if there is changes or not.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe so, but he still played well and a shitload better than mr "i can't catch a ball" Okenbur. That's pay anyways snd his BS selections
Yeah I get ya.. I reckon Holland for Harper but worth giving okunbor a shot.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wow. Seems like a few changes on the cards. I still don’t know what lichaa offers off the bench. And for 10 mins to replace a hooker it’s a waste.

Better off getting more value from your bench. Instead of carrying someone for nothing. Don’t know if Jayden is the answer on the wing. But just goes to show how poor the squad is that he is the next cab off the rank.

Good luck to all the new players. You’d rather they made it through performances but maybe some fresh faces in the squad might fire the rest of the team up. And confidence is a huge thing in professional sports so hopefully the guys selected can step up.
It's ridiculous considering Martin filled in at hooker for reserves on the weekend.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well I’m not personally, SBW JUNIOR said that.

If that’s true however he should be sacked for that alone.

He does realise the games evolved right? It’s so fast and taxing on the body the lads would be struggling to get out of bed on game day little lone win a game
My thoughts exactly

This ain’t the 80s or 90s no wonder the boys are playing like they resent him (and no gas)

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
1. I'll believe these changes when I see them
2. Only got rid of half the rubbish
3. Still has a lot of shit ***** in the side
4. Still has players in wrong positions
5. Still coached by the fraud

Tigers by 8.
Losing by 8 would be a small victory
That’s how bad we are travelling uce

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
i just bumped into Rhyse Martin at my local sushi joint in Parra.. I was going to ask him if he was playing , but he looked hangry and I thought better of it LOL

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Where does Pay go from here if these mass changes don’t work? I’m not against it but if they get lapped again he’s in a massive hole.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How has Sue survived the cut? He was embarrassing on Sunday. I wasn't convinced when we bought him and he is a stand out plodder.
He is definetely a disappointment not fg quality from what i have seen so far

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Where does Pay go from here if these mass changes don’t work? I’m not against it but if they get lapped again he’s in a massive hole.
He really hasnt got much to choose from, i thought we would be competitive this year but thats all. Blooding the young guys and maybe next year picking up a few top players is what i hope happens. Rebuilding this team was going to take some time i dont know if pay will be part of it though. He maybe there till they secure another coach,

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
is it 4pm yet ??

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Just a reminder people not to post the actual team list in this thread and start match discussion here.

Once team is released Round 3 thread will open for discussion :grinning:

Agreed. Hopefully he returns Holland, Jackson to the right edge this weekend and Martin to the left.

I'm still perplexed with the fitness levels. Can't be sure if they are unfit or exhausted from being flogged. Either way the preseason has been grossly misjudged by the coaching staff
Others have mentioned he's been flogging the players too hard in the captains run and they are exhausted come game day.

fr333k

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Sue is one of Pay's recruits, so will not be dropped to prove a point most likely.