• Yes

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • No

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Sue is retained in the team, Pay demonstrates further his lack of judgement. Sue was disgraceful on Sunday. As soon as he came on the team collapsed. He rushed up leaving a gaping hole for a try under the posts and dropped the ball for his very next contribution in the game. Downhill from there. Rhyse Martin should have been in the team from round 1. Bring back big Sammy. The Storm have to offload him and why force him to England. Get on the phones and do a deal. Get rid of eight of the 13 second rowers in the squad and the excess of wingers that we have camped in the backs. I simply refuse to believe there could be any cap issues remaining given the talent that has been unloaded.
The storm already offloaded kasiano

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Surely that’s a gee up?

If not, no wonder they’re stuffed by the 20 min mark
So you are telling me he only trials them 40 minutes 3 weeks out from season proper but thinks it ok for full on 1 hour 40 scrimmage less than 24 hours before a proper game?

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone explain why Pay is playing players out of position?

Holland and Smith worked great last year. Crichton and CHN played near each other at Panthers.

He only just recovered from having surgery on both ankles in the offseason. Didn't have much of an offseason and had 40 minutes pre NRL season in a trial.

Pays a fucking idiot only giving our team a 40 minute trial. We needed 3 x 80 minute rtials because many of our players had only just returned from injury.
Agreed. Hopefully he returns Holland, Jackson to the right edge this weekend and Martin to the left.

I'm still perplexed with the fitness levels. Can't be sure if they are unfit or exhausted from being flogged. Either way the preseason has been grossly misjudged by the coaching staff

Malla

Reaction score
If Sue is retained in the team, Pay demonstrates further his lack of judgement. Sue was disgraceful on Sunday. As soon as he came on the team collapsed. He rushed up leaving a gaping hole for a try under the posts and dropped the ball for his very next contribution in the game. Downhill from there. Rhyse Martin should have been in the team from round 1. Bring back big Sammy. The Storm have to offload him and why force him to England. Get on the phones and do a deal. Get rid of eight of the 13 second rowers in the squad and the excess of wingers that we have camped in the backs. I simply refuse to believe there could be any cap issues remaining given the talent that has been unloaded.
Gazza that was actually CWH

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gonna do some Moneyball here:
Plainly Lewis was much better at try assists and offloads. For a half the most important stat is try assist. If they're not creating a try, they're effectively useless.

Now let's compare with 2019:
  • Foran in 2019, 2 games, Lost 100% of them, 1 try* (50%), 0 try assist (0%), 0 offload (0%)
  • Lewis in 2019, 2 games, Lost 100% of them, 0 try (0%), 2 try assist (100%), 1 offload (50%)
*from a Lewis kick.

It is obvious Lewis is the better half. Foran was worse last year and he'll be worse this year. The only difference is our lost game % will increase as Foran detracts overall. We win more games with Lewis alone. Allowing Lewis to be the leader and get rid of Foran is the better play.

Only problem is nobody wants to drop to reserve grade the bloke you're paying overs for.
Anyone that has played footy in the halves at any senior level knows that halves are redundant if forward pack is getting bitch slapped

Lewis is running the show so should have more ball ( look up stat for ball touches)

Foran has had couple try involvements and his actual try (off Lewis kick) he was the only damn player chasing, in fact go look at who chase Lewis kicks majority of time!

It’s not Foran fault he is getting paid overs. He is ripping in the best he can with a shit go forward

Bring up the miss tackle stats of Lewis that lead to tries or line breaks!

Foran has been solid defensively

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you are telling me he only trials them 40 minutes 3 weeks out from season proper but thinks it ok for full on 1 hour 40 scrimmage less than 24 hours before a proper game?
Well I’m not personally, SBW JUNIOR said that.

If that’s true however he should be sacked for that alone.

He does realise the games evolved right? It’s so fast and taxing on the body the lads would be struggling to get out of bed on game day little lone win a game

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who?

Go Dogs
Bring Holmes back from his amerAmer dream, no anti poaching involved. Rona also for the same reason. Would have to think about the hooker. None round that would be available without poaching rules except set who I am not keen on. Edit. Would also try bringing Radradra over

Last edited:

Fingal Bay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I would Iike to see Okunbor given a go but I don't think he is ready yet. Drop Holland, definitely Montoya, but who do you replace them with. Drop Elliott and RFM, bring in Ogden and Smith. Martin played hooker in the second half of ISP on Sunday, he has to be in the side somewhere. Cogger maybe to hooker or half because Lewis is too slow, other teams have done their homework on him. We are in a desperate position we really have nothing in attack, everything we do is in slow motion. Come on Bulldogs prove me wrong.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s good game.

Pay is clueless and his recruits are shit.

Sue is shit
Chn is good but arguably not needed
Crichton seems okay
The centres are fucking garbage. Montoya should never have been in the side.
Meaney and cogger are shit. Hope Meaney proves me wrong though.

This early on in the season and making wholesale changes means his whole preaseason was a fucking joke. Dude is like 40 yr old dad trying to coach a under 15s squad. Just get rid of him, he has no clue. The structures are shit, and we leak tries like no other team.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you are going off the opening 2 performances Josh Jackson and Sue should be the first 2 dropped closely followed by Elliott.. not sure how RFM got shafted...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Mate the start would be to throw his ass on the streeet.

He is an idiot.
1. I'll believe these changes when I see them
2. Only got rid of half the rubbish
3. Still has a lot of shit ***** in the side
4. Still has players in wrong positions
5. Still coached by the fraud

Tigers by 8.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. I'll believe these changes when I see them
2. Only got rid of half the rubbish
3. Still has a lot of shit ***** in the side
4. Still has players in wrong positions

Tigers by 8.
More like tigers by 50-60 points.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
An important measure of a good coach is determined on how he selects and uses the bench effectively.

The bench is crucial and integral to the coach's structure. It's used to offer strike power, impact and stability, not just fill in four spots and/or because there is no confidence in a starting player.

When Canberra and Cronulla used the hooker combinations of Hodgson-Baptiste and Brailey-Segeyaro respectively, they did it because one offered stability whilst the other impact. I fail to see what additional attributes JMK-Lichaa combination offer. Mariner not starting on the bench puzzles me.

Last year we saw Pay's inability to select and use the bench effectively. Nothing changed!
Everything about pay is backwards..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I wish the title was "Pay copped the axe"

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what's Pay going to do when this 'new and improved' team gets toweled up by the Tigers this week and the Storm the week after?