Opinion Pay out-coached by Kearney

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Has Pay ever outcoached an opposition coach
Yep. A number of times last year despite having a horror debut year when he had to release a number of players and was constantly coaching against teams with better rosters.

Let’s be fair, Klemmer left a big hole in our forward pack and Foran is still on big money and contributing very little.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have 17 players to give shit to before pay cops it. When pay has a cheque book to go buy some quality halves or centres or hooker than we can judge pay. Only negative is Meaney should get the 1 and we should have had 2 or 3 trials.
Pay has the mentality of under 18s coaches, go out and play hard. He’s never going to get the potential out of everyone and he has no awareness in planning. He also picks the fucking team

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Pay is still a fraud, he has no idea how to coach, he has no game plans and even his recruits are fkn rubbish.

I didn't get excited or even happy with any signing and today just proved myself right.

I'd give him till round 6 before booting the dud out and promoting SG

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Their country just suffered a major terror attack only a day ago. If that doesn't make you lift and want to play for your country ..... nothing will.

Warriors came out today and weren't going away with anything but a win.. there was so much pride in their performance.
I acknowledge that but it's still no excuse for the poor tactics that were on display today.

Zero intensity in attack and defence
Same kicks in the air with no chaser in sight
No pressure on the kickers
We showed no sign of trying to build pressure

I don't even know what was the game plan.

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yep. A number of times last year despite having a horror debut year when he had to release a number of players and was constantly coaching against teams with better rosters.

Let’s be fair, Klemmer left a big hole in our forward pack and Foran is still on big money and contributing very little.
Is Foran off contract this year?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well I said I would give him the benefit of the doubt and not give an opinion until at least the 3rd round...

That has certainly changed.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
But but but... he played for the dogs. He understands our culture. DOGS DNA!

#dogsofwar

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Where are the idiots on here who have been bagging me out coz i have said Pay is shit...
pay could probably do better if he had a better team... but i dunno if im willing to give him the time to have that chance

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Pay has the mentality of under 18s coaches, go out and play hard. He’s never going to get the potential out of everyone and he has no awareness in planning. He also picks the fucking team
can hear all the players in the sheds / tunnel... no talk of an actual game plan, just screams of "lets do it boys" "come on" "all day lads"

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay is still a fraud, he has no idea how to coach, he has no game plans and even his recruits are fkn rubbish.

I didn't get excited or even happy with any signing and today just proved myself right.

I'd give him till round 6 before booting the dud out and promoting SG
Funnily enough the new guys are the only ones who played alright, think that says something about our coaching and development

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The biggest worry for Pay is that imo half the blokes out there looked like they couldn’t give a shit and it’s round 1

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not many quality coaches available though...Anthony Griffin comes to mind but who else?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Let's be honest. The board aren't going to replace Pay after 1, 2 or even 10 poor games in a row. It'd go against everything they've built up in the pre-season.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would happily swap Foran for another prop. Napa's 20mins is not enough... We were getting rolled through the middle..

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Because hold the ball and complete your sets and 1mill worked well for us before pay. You can't have a high intensity attacking game with the slow spine we have . He is going to set up a plan based on the crap he has.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because hold the ball and complete your sets and 1mill worked well for us before pay. You can't have a high intensity attacking game with the slow spine we have . He is going to set up a plan based on the crap he has.
The no kicking on the last, or kicks coming from second rowers and centres is shit that he lets happen. Coaches maximise what they have, he has no clue at all and never has any answers either