News Pay on the lookout for more recruits

brockodore

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Has anyone seen young zac hetherington play in 20’s? Son of jason and plays hooker too. Maybe he will be groomed instead of woolford?
We should try and get his twin brother Kobe at the club as well from the Broncos. We are the family club after all

aymz maz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Anybody think we should go for jack bird to play centre? I heard he isn’t settled at Brisbane but I think he’ll be the perfect centre we need.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Anybody think we should go for jack bird to play centre? I heard he isn’t settled at Brisbane but I think he’ll be the perfect centre we need.
No to Fat Bird.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Too expensive and we want hard workers at the club not lazy "talented" ******.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If any of you watched All Blacks destroy Wallabies (again) you would have seen our Fijian flyer Naholo rip shit up

Well his younger brother carbon copy debut on the weekend for Taranaki ( local comp) and he’s a Fkn gun

Our recruitment team should fly here ASAP and sign him! He’s going to be better than his brother

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Heck no... Sharks made him look good but he's an overrated fat slob

Nakidog

Waterboy
Reaction score
If any of you watched All Blacks destroy Wallabies (again) you would have seen our Fijian flyer Naholo rip shit up

Well his younger brother carbon copy debut on the weekend for Taranaki ( local comp) and he’s a Fkn gun

Our recruitment team should fly here ASAP and sign him! He’s going to be better than his brother
He will be a gun and he is better than Waisake was at the same age. (I played union with and against Waisake and coach his brother/s currently in Taranaki). I'm not sure of his current contract situation here but I know the Chiefs have made a big play for him and knowing Waisake and his family I can't see him leaving the sport of rugby union if I'm honest. NZ immigration are really cracking down on visa's and the kids coming from the islands and a few boys have been sent home recently also.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Email the club Please :grinning: Recruitment and the dogs worry me. They need all the help they can get.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He will be a gun and he is better than Waisake was at the same age. (I played union with and against Waisake and coach his brother/s currently in Taranaki). I'm not sure of his current contract situation here but I know the Chiefs have made a big play for him and knowing Waisake and his family I can't see him leaving the sport of rugby union if I'm honest. NZ immigration are really cracking down on visa's and the kids coming from the islands and a few boys have been sent home recently also.
When my bro sent me the highlights I legit said why are you sending me Waisake Naholo rookie highlights and he’s like brah that’s his younger brother!!

Nakidog

Waterboy
Reaction score
"We are looking at another forward"

We don't need forwards Dean, we need some decent backs and badly.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/18/canterbury-coach-dean-pay-on-lookout-for-more-bulldogs-recruits/
Pay on lookout for more Bulldogs recruits
Alicia Newton
Sat 18 Aug 2018, 10:01 AM

Canterbury will remain active in the player market with coach Dean Pay revealing he wants at least two more additions to the squad next season now the club's salary cap dramas have been settled.

"We've got a couple of spots to go. We need another outside back and forward. We're in the market for those types of players. We're not rushing into anything, we need to make sure we're getting the right people for our club and quality that's going to improve the group."

Pay has watched his future recruits from afar and has been pleased with their development.

The departure of Mbye will give Meaney an opportunity in the custodian role with Will Hopoate expected to shift back to the centres in 2019.

"We're excited for him to come to the club," Pay said of Meaney.

"There's an opportunity for him to put a stamp on the game and how he wants to improve his game. Nick has made his NRL debut since he's signed and for a young guy has done a great job. It's an exciting time for us. We're starting over and starting fresh. We're pleased they're going to be a part of it."

Pay added Foran was eager to get back on the paddock after a stop-start season that ended with a toe injury and any speculation he wouldn't be a part of the 2019 season was wide of the mark.

The Bulldogs are expected to have Foran, Marcelo Montoya and Raymond Faitala-Mariner return to full training for pre-season in November.
I personally would like to see Pay recruit two outside backs more than another forward. I believe we have enough first grade tested depth up front now. We will have a pack containing middle forwards Tolman, Klemmer, Sue, Elliot, Ogden, Fualalo, To'omaga and Smith, edge players Jackson, RFM, Martin (with Elliot and Smith) covering.

Unless someone like Tapau was available and keen to come back at the right price?

I know there are not a lot of first grade proven outside backs jumping out of the ground but I wouldn't mind seeing someone solid, dependable and proven like Justin O'Neill recruited. The Morris boys are going to be great losses and I can understand we are looking to the future so will live with the clubs decision to release them both if we can get an experienced first grade outside back who makes good decisions and can nuture the youth coming through. O'Neill stands out for me coming through Melbourne and Cowboys premiership campaigns and being a state of origin proven footballer.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I personally would like to see Pay recruit two outside backs more than another forward. I believe we have enough first grade tested depth up front now. We will have a pack containing middle forwards Tolman, Klemmer, Sue, Elliot, Ogden, Fualalo, To'omaga and Smith, edge players Jackson, RFM, Martin (with Elliot and Smith) covering.

Unless someone like Tapau was available and keen to come back at the right price?

I know there are not a lot of first grade proven outside backs jumping out of the ground but I wouldn't mind seeing someone solid, dependable and proven like Justin O'Neill recruited. The Morris boys are going to be great losses and I can understand we are looking to the future so will live with the clubs decision to release them both if we can get an experienced first grade outside back who makes good decisions and can nuture the youth coming through. O'Neill stands out for me coming through Melbourne and Cowboys premiership campaigns and being a state of origin proven footballer.
I have said it in another thread but Patrick Herbert is definitely the outside back we should be targeting. He's powerful, has nice footwork and pace and is capable with the ball in hand...plays across the entire backline and is currently off contract. O'Neill is a shadow of his former self, i don't think an experienced outside back is required considering what is available, we need fresh exciting talent.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why?
He is better then what we have mate

Saying no to players when we have jack shit is the funniest thing and pisses me off when fans talk like that.
You should know better than argue with him. After all he quotes from the Warren Ryan Handbook and is always right.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why?

Saying no to players when we have jack shit is the funniest thing and pisses me off when fans talk like that.
1. He's fat.
2. He's on a massive contract that we can't and shouldn't support.
3. He's fat.
4. He's high maintenance.
5. He has rheumatoid arthritis.
6. He's fat.

So no, he would be a ridiculously high risk player to sign in our current situation and cost far more than we should be spending.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why?

Sorry but I have to second that with a HELLLLL NOOO!! Probably find something just as good for a quarter of the price. Patience good doggies fan patience.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
1. He's fat.
3. He's fat.
6. He's fat.

So no, he would be a ridiculously high risk player to sign in our current situation and cost far more than we should be spending.
Cant believe you gave him a gun for his ammo... stupid move @Phalangist

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. He's fat.
3. He's fat.
6. He's fat.

Yeah, but apart from that what’s wrong with him!! Lol

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way. Overrated and over paid. Showed a lot of potential and now has just faded away ( injuries and attitude)

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d take Big Bird if Broncos pay the majority of his contract and he returns to the player he was two years ago. Suffering from RA though so I can’t see it happening.
Also don’t mind him eating up a good chunk of the broncos cap to contribute sweet FA