Pay has destroyed Meaney

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Geez, what a surprise! Some of us have been saying for weeks that it was only a matter of time before a team realised that they should be targeting Meaney on the wing.

He got rag dolled, exposed and smashed so badly all game that he looked like he was playing in the wrong age group. He's not a winger, never has been and never will be and it was moronic of Pay to ever play him there. But rest assured, Pay will pick him there again next week because Meaney is one of his pets.
It's just so wrong. His spirit seems broken or else he is unsuited to fg. Pay is making a laughing stock out of the guy by continuing to pick him as a winger.

Next Sunday he will be snapped in half by Cronk, Keary kicks and Roosters back three and centres :(

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well they say don't hold deano accountable, but for a coach that promised dogs of war and a player that was part of a dogs of war pack he has failed in my eyes. enough said. the defence was so soft we looked kindergarten
Pay is too meek and mild to lead a dogs of war attitude. He's a dreamer.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have never been a Pay supporter but the onus is on Meaney here. The guy is the definition of a powderpuff. He doesn't know how to defend or run with intent. Reminds me of Brad Abbey.
He's such a nice boy though, no tats and a good haircut

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There's no Pay lovers on here. Or maybe one or two. However there are a whole lot of us that show him a bit more respect then to call him a useless **** in every second post! Seriously, anyone speaking of him like this should take a look in the mirror. Fucking disgraceful.
Yeah we are a shit show. Yeah our team is big average, and yeah Pays coaching and team selection is pis poor. But that's where it ends for me. I would never call him a useless ****. That's totally out of line as far as I am concerned.
Pays criticism on here has always been bout his coaching, any expletives comes out of frustration, grow up

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Putting on muscle wont help Meaney unless he starts to put some aggression and commitment into his running game and defence - he wasn't the reason we lost but he is part of the reason we are so far behind most other teams in the comp. Apart from significant changes to the playing squad I hope the club realises they have gotten pre seasons completely wrong over the last two years - across the grades the physicality / strength / technique needed to hold / dominate in defence has been lost. Players that were once strong defenders regularly fall off tackles or get easily dominated by other teams.
Agree. Pay and whoever else are involved have completely missed the mark from the get go and we have been on the back foot since and it's why I have been so strongly against him.

Just compare the forwards we currently have to other sides. Tolman can "run" all day but lacks the explosiveness you need from a forward in today's game. The likes of Ogden and To'omaga have this explosiveness yet lack the conditioning. Napa is fatty and basically Tolman without the workrate...meanwhile the Broncos have kids that are absolute units with near peak conditioning.

I'd really love to see what they're doing at training, I wonder if the club even individually tailors training regimes for certain players? Even then they're probably wrong. I'm absolutely convinced that Pay is the kids coach that just tells the boys to run hard and tackle hard and then takes them out for Macca's after the match lol

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Watching tonight i realised how shit some players really are.
People have been saying that all season. Its easy to blame the coach, but its the players who have to perform.
Maybe its the threat that a clean out is imminent at seasons end that causes the form slumps.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
#sack pay
#sack all deadwood
#clean up
#clean out
#recycle (only the necessary)

#new coach
#new signings (all in good time)
#new approach
#new game plan

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
nasheed here,
5 people here have said 'hes safe' as the only real justification for selecting him.

Safe doesnt win you football matches.

Any 2 bit park player can be safe if thats all they focused on.

Halligan, Covell, El Masri, Herron were all 'safe' players but no one will argue they were selected for years on their own merits if not for the goalkicking.

Ryan Hall from Great Britain is also safe as a bank but is a metre eater, even injured!

Daniel Manu is also safe but can find the line with 2cm of space.

Reimis Smith also looks safe to me, but look what he does? Ditto to Tedesco, Munster or any number of fullbacks.

Right now Meaney isnt a value add.

He only has himself to blame. He is lightning on his feet but doesnt use his speed.

Do you see the way Joe Biden sniffs people? thats what Meaney should be doing in support play to utilize his speed, which is his main asset.

Thats what Barba and Rod Silva used to do and they werent that different physically from Meaney at all.

Our biggest problem is that when there is an offload or a break theres only a big fat shit like Ogden or Napa there to support. Even Phil Gould said it last night.

I noticed they themselves were stunned to be getting the ball.

What use is a break or an offload when the guy getting it doesnt want the ball or cant do anything with it?

Thats where Meaney should have been putting his value to the team.

-Nasheed.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
nasheed here,
5 people here have said 'hes safe' as the only real justification for selecting him.

Safe doesnt win you football matches.

Any 2 bit park player can be safe if thats all they focused on.

Halligan, Covell, El Masri, Herron were all 'safe' players but no one will argue they were selected for years on their own merits if not for the goalkicking.

Ryan Hall from Great Britain is also safe as a bank but is a metre eater, even injured!

Daniel Manu is also safe but can find the line with 2cm of space.

Reimis Smith also looks safe to me, but look what he does? Ditto to Tedesco, Munster or any number of fullbacks.

Right now Meaney isnt a value add.

He only has himself to blame. He is lightning on his feet but doesnt use his speed.

Do you see the way Joe Biden sniffs people? thats what Meaney should be doing in support play to utilize his speed, which is his main asset.

Thats what Barba and Rod Silva used to do and they werent that different physically from Meaney at all.

Our biggest problem is that when there is an offload or a break theres only a big fat shit like Ogden or Napa there to support. Even Phil Gould said it last night.

I noticed they themselves were stunned to be getting the ball.

What use is a break or an offload when the guy getting it doesnt want the ball or cant do anything with it?

Thats where Meaney should have been putting his value to the team.

-Nasheed.
NASHEED..!!!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Watching tonight i realised how shit some players really are.
I envy that it's taken you this long, I realised after about 4 games lol. Long fukin season.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Harper should be given a shot with Montoya once again proving how poor he is. But for those that have watched Harper more closely, could he be thrown out on the wing and adapt or is it just not his game?
That wrap around try where Montoya had no idea was embarrassing!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That wrap around try where Montoya had no idea was embarrassing!
I know. Montoya looked like he played for the Washington Generals and they pulled out some Globetrotter shit. It was just a simple wrap around..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I know. Montoya looked like he played for the Washington Generals and they pulled out some Globetrotter shit. It was just a simple wrap around..
It's what happens when you persist with an average player, out of position, play favs cos you can't think strategicly or long term and give guys like Harper a go.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's what happens when you persist with an average player, out of position, play favs cos you can't think strategicly or long term and give guys like Harper a go.
I feel Harper should play in first grade. He was hyped up by Jmoz to take his spot. I understand he hasn't played well in reserves BUT he his off contract, can kick goals and was good last year.

Banned
Reaction score
Meaney lacks the natural ability that great fullbacks have.
He is not suited to that position.
He is showing that he is not suited as a winger either.
Appears to me, there is no FG spot for Meaney, as he lacks the natural footy flair.
As others have said, he has assets, yet fails to utilise them where they're best suited.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He has destroyed the potential seen in all our juniors so far.

Only one thats going good is cogger.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
It's just so wrong. His spirit seems broken or else he is unsuited to fg. Pay is making a laughing stock out of the guy by continuing to pick him as a winger.

Next Sunday he will be snapped in half by Cronk, Keary kicks and Roosters back three and centres :(
So u suggest we play our best fb, dwz elsewhere? Dwz shits on Meaney at fb.

And a general reply to the thread, apart from dwz being better at fb, what exactly has Pay destroyed. Meaney is a rookie who hasn't shown any spectacular skills before he came here, what's he lost exactly?