Pay axes 3 stars...

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He could have chosen Harper, or he could have put Lewis in there which makes more sense incase Foran breaks down. And Lewis mrs isnt due for another week. She isnt due anyday
Harper has been bog average in every game I ha e seen him play, and most on here suggest he is still a long way away from fg.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When we let Cook go I thought wtf he was the only player in the team with any pace threw a good pass left and right and made breaks ,put the team on the front foot ,hopefully Fozz might be able to bring something to the team no one else can!
We didn't let cook go that was all that rocket scientists idea

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Considering clay priest was shit in every single game he played for us and pay never dropped him but for him being injured and then couldnt wait to rush him back into first grade.

It's the same scenario with sue.

Everyone sees it that there are other players who are more deserving but yet pay elevated the likes of priest and sue
You are whinging about a guy on minimum wage who played 8 games for the club and who was swapped with Brad Abbey who had a stupid contract ($300,000 was reported). Seriously come on

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Harper has been bog average in every game I ha e seen him play, and most on here suggest he is still a long way away from fg.
Harper would get called up, get slaughtered in defence, and everyone would then be like "FFS Why the fuck did dickhead Pay pick this useless **** Harper".

But it's The Kennel... clearly many posters on here are better coaches than Pay.. which makes me question why they didn't apply when Hasler left.

jshellshear

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I go to most CC games and I've watched Harper for a very long time. This year he has been outstanding and his defence far better than Montoya. I posted his stats on a facebook page recently - don't have them at hand - but people who think he isn't ready need to watch him. Can't believe people say he has been ordinary this year. 2nd in tackle breaks across the competition. Averages c.150m. Missed very few tackles - I think most was in the first game. And he has an outstanding never say die attitude. If Pay isn't going to pick Lewis at centre, then Harper should be next. He's also a born leader. We need him long term. Bringing Montoya back when he'll never be first grade material is a disaster.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Because he wanted too
This is not true.
You and others have said this, but it's wrong.

Josh & Brett offerred the club a package deal beyond 2018.
And guess what the club's reason for not taking them up on it was.
1. Salary cap....no room.
2. 2 years asked by the brothers.

IT WAS THE CLUB'S DECISION!!!!

jshellshear

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Stats up until last week:

Game 1 v Warriors 131 m 72% tackle efficiency
Game 2 v Wentworthville 132m 93% tackle efficiency
Game 3 v Magpies 150m, 100% tackle efficiency
Game 4 v Bears 146m 87% tackle efficiency
Game 5 v Saints 157m 83% tackle efficiency

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You are whinging about a guy on minimum wage who played 8 games for the club and who was swapped with Brad Abbey who had a stupid contract ($300,000 was reported). Seriously come on
No I'm picking on the fact that priest would

Continuously drop balls
Give stupid penalties away over and over again
Get dominated in tackles

And yet he was selected whenever he was available.

Priest was shit in every single game for us and pay never dropped him. Dont tell me we didnt have better players than priest, we did e.g Rhys martin.

That's all on pay and now it seems sue is priests natural replacement in doing no wrong in pays eyes

Last edited:

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I go to most CC games and I've watched Harper for a very long time. This year he has been outstanding and his defence far better than Montoya. I posted his stats on a facebook page recently - don't have them at hand - but people who think he isn't ready need to watch him. Can't believe people say he has been ordinary this year. 2nd in tackle breaks across the competition. Averages c.150m. Missed very few tackles - I think most was in the first game. And he has an outstanding never say die attitude. If Pay isn't going to pick Lewis at centre, then Harper should be next. He's also a born leader. We need him long term. Bringing Montoya back when he'll never be first grade material is a disaster.
You must be Morgan’s brother...u are delusional if u think he is ready for first grade....the question is....who is worse...Montoya or Harper....both are turnstiles in defence

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dropping Holland for Montoya thinking his fixed the problem is really laughable. Im not really laughing though as i feel for the boys trying to win.
Pearce and ponga are going to have a field day running through okonbur and Montoya....this could get ugly

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pearce and ponga are going to have a field day running through okonbur and Montoya....this could get ugly
Its a worry unfortunately can see plenty of points being put on us with okonbur and montoya

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I watched him closely against Blacktown. He didn’t really stand out at all. He doesn’t look like to have any great speed or fend. It’s easy to break tackles in CC, Montoya looked like Will Chambers against Blacktown.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2019/04/15/canterbury-cup-highlights-round-5-v-dragons/

Morgan Harper is #3.

Tell me.. with a straight face.... that you think that's decent defence.

When Dogs are on the left he's down bottom of the screen.
When Dogs are on the right, he's up the top of the screen.

Every single week he has at least one mind blowing defensive lapse. That game he had about 6, was directly responsible for 3-4 tries.

Last edited:

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Funny how the second pay left the raiders there performances have increased ten fold.

Funny how Elliot okinflop and Montoya get 30 chances yet chriton was dumped after round 2

Funny how toomaga was a star towards the latter end of last season and yet still can’t score a bench spot

Lichaa only dropped last week after 70 million chances

Nu browns awesome impact of 4 mins and then expected to do anything of fg standard

Dean pay is as much of a fg coach as Elliot, okinflop and Montoya are fg standard footy players.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mitch piss and media slut Ponga will have a field day.
Just made Ponga my SuperCoach and fantasy league captain.

Rueben Garrick outscored us alone
Imagine what Ponga will do

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Harper in centre, Chris smith could hold edge,but martin should be there guess Jackson goes back to edge,Elliot will get lock, rather see Elliot gone, tolman to lock, Ogden and Napa start, toomaga, fualalo bench
In my opinion I would have Lewis on the bench, 1. to cover for Foran, just in case he breaks down again or is not fully match fit and also to give JMK a break at hooker, He can also try him out in the centre in case Montoya has one of his usual shockers, I bet we are going to lose this kid & he'll probably end up another JT once he plays in a good team with good players around him, He's a feather duster now but he'll probably end up a Rooster along with Reece Martin.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate he is giving everyone in the squad a chance what else do you want from him?

We just don’t have the players that other coaches have
Yes that's the million dollar question, Why don't we have players, We have a rich well run Leagues club, we are supposed to be competing in the best run nrl competition in the world and we are fielding a second grade team, Well we all know the answer - ( Salary Cap ) Are we that Stupid, That With all the money our club generates we can't hire some clever accountants & lawyers to find a way out of this mess why do we seem to be the only Idiot, honest club in the league' when teams like the Roosters are openly flaunting the system & Laughing at us.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No I'm picking on the fact that priest would

Continuously drop balls
Give stupid penalties away over and over again
Get dominated in tackles

And yet he was selected whenever he was available.

Priest was shit in every single game for us and pay never dropped him. Dont tell me we didnt have better players than priest, we did e.g Rhys martin.

That's all on pay and now it seems sue is priests natural replacement in doing no wrong in pays eyes
How do you figure? Sue has only played 2 fg games. Hardly his pet.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Montoya and Okunbor on the same edge??..............I wonder where ponga will direct the newcastle attack lol