Opinion Paul Alamoti

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Question... once his injury is sorted and ready to come back, does he go straight into NRL?

I get it, his young and it's a bit of pressure. On the flipside, he is good enough and better than Burns. Burns is used as a yardage guy on plays 2 or 3 and just gets bashed because he is lanky with no go forward. Surely Alamoti does a better job than that?
No

Malla

Reaction score
Spewing for Paul, I reckon he would have been close to first grade this year. I think this injury keeps him out of first grade til next year. Might not be a bad thing, good for his development to stay in reggies then easier to play in a team with Kikau and Mahoney next year and another full off season under his belt.

He looked so good in U19 Origin game.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TBF the majority that got selected for that game are from NSW Cup.
It's under 19s though, so there aren't that many under 19s in first grade that are eligible so it's understandable

Last edited:

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And if 1 of those gets injured it will be good to have an adequate replacement. if he's getting selected for U19 origin from limited game time,he is obviously impressing someone
He is obviously in the plans but he’s so young still and I think it’s better for his development to stay in reserve grade and get some experience. He had a block of 6 weeks injury to start the season, then came back, played some games, now injured in origin.

Id run him in reserves all next year with 1-2 games in first grade. Then 2024 he can come into first grade and Kiraz goes to wing, and our team will hopefully be more competitive than what it is now

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is obviously in the plans but he’s so young still and I think it’s better for his development to stay in reserve grade and get some experience. He had a block of 6 weeks injury to start the season, then came back, played some games, now injured in origin.

Id run him in reserves all next year with 1-2 games in first grade. Then 2024 he can come into first grade and Kiraz goes to wing, and our team will hopefully be more competitive than what it is now
I agree with not rushing him,but if we lose a couple of games and are zero chance of making the semis, I'd give him a couple of games at the end of the year . . .There's an old saying, If you're good enough you're old enough.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give the kid a taste of first grade late in the season, get him hungry for the next pre-season

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion but he’s NOWHERE near ready for regular first grade. He just finished his HSC, the kid needs at least 2 years of NSW cup. He’s not a freak like Suali or someone like that, he needs more time to develop. You’ll all the be the first ones to shit on him once he’s rushed into first grade and doesn’t perform

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion but he’s NOWHERE near ready for regular first grade. He just finished his HSC, the kid needs at least 2 years of NSW cup. He’s not a freak like Suali or someone like that, he needs more time to develop. You’ll all the be the first ones to shit on him once he’s rushed into first grade and doesn’t perform
Agree. No point rushing him. Especially with a underperforming team. His time will come. He just needs to be the best in his position in the reserve grade team firstly before he can step up.

If he wants it he has all the ability and physique to make it. Just needs to work hard every day. But will slot into a centre or back row position in the next few years (if he stays injury free). Might be a Ruben wiki type.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give the kid a taste of first grade late in the season, get him hungry for the next pre-season
I agree with this as long as it is only a taste. A game that is hand picked. Not against an opposition that is likely to tear him apart.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree with this as long as it is only a taste. A game that is hand picked. Not against an opposition that is likely to tear him apart.
Let's hold on, we're still mathematically possible for a top 8 position. Alamoti should only ever get that taste if we're out of contention or an injury crisis

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Get your head out of arse, mate.

When Furner and Sandercunt get us the win this week for 3 in a row, we're GF bound 8-)
I 100% agree and have been saying the same thing!!!!

I've got my halfway grand final tickets already!!!