Opinion Paul Alamoti

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Question... once his injury is sorted and ready to come back, does he go straight into NRL?

I get it, his young and it's a bit of pressure. On the flipside, he is good enough and better than Burns. Burns is used as a yardage guy on plays 2 or 3 and just gets bashed because he is lanky with no go forward. Surely Alamoti does a better job than that?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Question... once his injury is sorted and ready to come back, does he go straight into NRL?

I get it, his young and it's a bit of pressure. On the flipside, he is good enough and better than Burns. Burns is used as a yardage guy on plays 2 or 3 and just gets bashed because he is lanky with no go forward. Surely Alamoti does a better job than that?
I've seen good and bad from Burns. He's got the ability to throw a good pass/tap on to his winger. I don't think he's a terrible option. As for Alomati, I'd prefer to see him debut when we've got some form. I criticized the media for their insistence that Flanagan shouldn't be thrown in the deep end vs Penrith. But it's usually best to blood youngsters in teams that are playing confident football.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't rate Burns either but Paul looked a little out of his depth in the trials, needs more time. Corey Allan would be a better replacement for now.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Paul needs to play against men. His 1st game was in the trials against Gagai and Frizzel. Not an easy assignment.

Centre is a very physical position. I would give him time. We will benefit in the long run.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Suaali can't make the roosters team at the moment and he was more hyped than alomati.. I know we aren't the roosters, but I still don't think we can put all our hopes on an 18 year old

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
His showed ability in the trials but needs time.
He should come back from injury in flegg for a few games to build confidence then onto reggies if his form warrants it.
No need to rush him.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fuck no. Don't ruin his development by playing him before he's ready and coming off an injury just because we're desperate in FG. He'd need at least a month in Reserves and to be playing well before even considering playing him in FG..

Even if he was healthy, he showed in the trials he has talent but also a hell of a lot to work on and that he isn't ready for FG yet.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No - he hardly played any SGBall before breaking a thumb last year - came back and played one game in Flegg on the wing - start him in flegg or nsw cup and see how he goes - may play so well he demands a place - lets hope

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I like what I saw from Alamoti on the weekend. He has a very good passing game and is always looking to offload. Some of his runs out of dummy half out wide were impressive also. He might not be the quickest but neither is Zac Lomax yet he’s very effective and skilful. I’m sure he’ll be ready for first grade next year based on what of seen from him in the reggies.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Runs hard and makes good metres. From 3 games he’s Averaging over 170 metres a game. Like 200 pcm, 10 offloads. Pretty good for someone coming back from injury, Strong kid. Will only get better

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Needs to be in reserves & earn his spot, both in attack & defense. Kiraz seems the more likely at this stage.
At this stage it looks likely both of them will be in the 13 next year. Kiraz this year as soon as we can use players outside the top 30.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
More time in the cup, will be very exciting first game when he does debut .!!!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Nah I'd hold off until next season. If Burns fixes his defence I think he's a valuable asset with his tip on skills etc