Pat O'Hanlon - Get Well Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As bad as the break looked to the bones, unfortunately it's the soft tissue, ligament and tendon damage associated with it. Syndesmosis injury is definite but all the other stabilising ligaments in his ankle and foot such as deltoid ligament, ATFL & CFL along with the ALT. Both tibia and Fibula will need to be plated and screwed and the arthritis that will set in will be crippling. I really wish him all the best and a speedy recovery. I would love nothing more than to see him come back but I think we have seen the last of him in the NRL. Let's hope the NRL will get behind him just like they did with Alex Mckinnon (I know they are different circumstances and different levels of seriousness) I just hope he doesn't get forgotten about
Wow, I certainly did not realise that the injury was as complex as this may be until I read this. I did happen to mention to hubby about Jharal Yow Yee and the terrible injury he suffered which in the end cut his career short. Pat O'Hanlon is a really nice guy off the field and had many a conversation with him at NSW Cup games. I agree that the NRL needs to have something in place for players who cannot continue their careers due to any type of debilitating injury but they are only getting their act together now for Alex Mackinnon. I wonder how young Luke Vella our under twenties player is going and what support NRL are giving him as his career is over before he turned 20.

ninja_h

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just watched the replay,
Chamber chicken-winged it and ran away.

Goddamn I hate the Storm, really glad we put them away.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Chambers is a grub
even late shot on ennis with his back turned

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be honest I haven't got the heart to watch it again ... Seeing him shake on the ground was quite disturbing

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard he only broke one bone in his leg as opposed to 2 like JYY. With the dislocated ankle though. Not as bad as JYY. So I guess that is a good sign

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He put his body on the line for our mighty club.i hope he is looked after and treated well by our club

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Hasler was on the Grill Team this morning... Pretty funny interview, he did say O'Hanlon had surgery on sunday and it was good, he also said he'll have a long recovery but with patience and hard work will come good.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lets not forget pat on this day hope he is enjoying today

blue n white

Waterboy
Reaction score
To the promising young forward Pat O'Hanlon. Get well soon mate all the best on a speedy recovery n look forward to seeing u out there in 2015.

Have a great day cheering on the success of the Bulldogs, u played a role in getting us there.

Proud of ur efforts mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.