Parramatta Eels Salary Cap Rort

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/other...-go-from-parramatta-to-shock-rival/ar-BBtzr1y

The player merry-go-round continues to turn at full pace, with rumours Parramatta fullback Michael Gordon could be forced out of the club to ease the Eels' salary cap pressure.

The Eels are keen to retain star pivot Corey Norman, who is asking for big money in his next contract.

The Parramatta club are also showing interest in boom playmaker Jackson Hastings who is being shopped around by the Roosters.

The fall-guy from the whole situation could be Gordon, who could find himself at Bondi Junction as soon as next week should the plan to show him the door go ahead, according to The Daily Telegraph.

While Parramatta’s off-field woes have been well documented this season, the Roosters themselves are not traveling in the right direction either with just two wins to their name.

Hastings could find himself out the door at the club where his father is a club legend, but he would not be the only casualty should the Gordon deal go ahead.

Young outside back Brendan Elliot could be sent to the Knights as part of the agreement, as the Roosters look to ease the load on rising fullback Latrell Mitchell, who has struggled at times throughout his first full season in the top flight.

It would be the third big-name lost by the Eels in the past few weeks, with Nathan Peats leaving for the Titans and Junior Paulo requesting an immediate release from the club to join the Raiders mid-season.

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fkn lol one parra fan wants the nrl yes the nrl to refund his membership. Nothing to do with the tards in charge of the club but the big bad nrl with an agenda .
I wonder how much I'd get back for my 50 year investment??

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Finally realise the futility of it all.......

http://www.sportsfan.com.au/eels-of...els-officials-set-to-drop-legal-action_300516

The five Parramatta officials suspended by the NRL in the wake of the club's salary cap scandal are reportedly set to drop legal action against the governing body this week.

With the case relating to the group's provisional bans due to return to the Supreme Court on Tuesday, discussions between the officials and the NRL continue to head towards a possible resolution.

According to News Corp Australia, the only issue is said to be an agreement on who will fund the governing body's legal costs.

The development comes just days before Eels chairman Steve Sharp, directors Tom Issa and Peter Serrao, chief executive John Boulous and head of football operations Daniel Anderson are due to formally respond to the NRL over their deregistration.

Parramatta have until Friday to respond to the NRL's breach notice for alleged systematic salary cap cheating, which include the proposed loss of 12 competition points and a $1 million fine.

The Eels have not won a match since the notice was handed down, meaning unless they beat Newcastle on Monday night, they will likely drop back to last on the NRL ladder when sanctions are confirmed.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Guess they have a few things on their plate at the moment. So this drags on again..............

http://www.sportsfan.com.au/nrl-to-...-response/tabid/91/newsid/199456/default.aspx

The NRL is set to grant both Parramatta and their provisionally suspended officials more time to respond to last month's salary cap breach notices.

After initially having until today to answer to alleged rorting of the cap, the Eels will now have until next Friday to explain their case, while all five officials will have until Wednesday.

The Eels face losing 12 competition points and a $1 million fine for systemic salary cap rorting totalling $3 million since 2013.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yep and you can guarantee they'll drag it out on and on and on until people forget.

I don't think the NRL ever had the intention of taking off any points. Talk big, act little.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep and you can guarantee they'll drag it out on and on and on until people forget.

I don't think the NRL ever had the intention of taking off any points. Talk big, act little.
Certainlty seems like it but these have been released in the last few days....Take note of Kent's comments re 13 June and of what Hooper has to say towards the end of the second video clip.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/video/league/nrl-360/kent-explains-eels-situation!526181

http://www.foxsports.com.au/video/league/nrl/eels-punishment-looming!526170

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With foran and peats gone, and how they played against the knights they probably wont even make the 8 anyway. Gordon is also supposed to be leaving to the Roosters.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lucky this new manly rort draws attention away from the parra rort.

Every other sport wishes it was a professional as the National Rorted League.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
At the moment the Nrl is lurching from one disaster to another. Have an illegal payment or an ( alleged) illegal attempt to fix a match.

A bit like the White Star Line whose most infamous ships were the RMS Titanic and the HMHS Britannic; one hit an iceberg, the other an underwater mine...both sank

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe I'm a little slow, but can anyone explain to me why it matters, as far as the NRL handing down a penalty, that the Eels get under the salary cap now? obviously if they are over that needs to be corrected ASAP, but why does that delay the NRL in actually finalising this issue and moving on? If points are going to be taken, take them, if not, don't.... but why is this still a story?

The cap breaches where there last season if the reports are correct, and still are, so you penalise them for it now, and let them know they will forfeit points win or lose from now on, and won't feature next season if it isn't resolved by then. It's not the players faults, somewhat unfair to force some of them into a fire sale move to any team for any offer now now now, they deserve time to work out their side of things (or do what the Bulldogs players did...... stay on less money.... then move a season or two later if they want).

The Eels wouldn't even know for sure anyway at this point, if Hopoate wins his case, surely that would need to come under the cap too right? The Eels offered him a contract, and he signed it. If they later decided to not register the contract with the NRL, that would still be on them (if a court decides a legally binding contract was formed and award him a payout).

I understand the NRL are trying to protect the league, and money that comes from ticket sales, but it just seems to be not working that way, they are just tarnishing themselves and the Eels more by dragging it out. Better to just end it sooner rather than later I think (if they where waiting for a distraction, hi5, matching fixing investigations did that, now you have two controversies in the media rather than one..... genius).

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe I'm a little slow, but can anyone explain to me why it matters, as far as the NRL handing down a penalty, that the Eels get under the salary cap now? obviously if they are over that needs to be corrected ASAP, but why does that delay the NRL in actually finalising this issue and moving on? If points are going to be taken, take them, if not, don't.... but why is this still a story?

The cap breaches where there last season if the reports are correct, and still are, so you penalise them for it now, and let them know they will forfeit points win or lose from now on, and won't feature next season if it isn't resolved by then. It's not the players faults, somewhat unfair to force some of them into a fire sale move to any team for any offer now now now, they deserve time to work out their side of things (or do what the Bulldogs players did...... stay on less money.... then move a season or two later if they want).

The Eels wouldn't even know for sure anyway at this point, if Hopoate wins his case, surely that would need to come under the cap too right? The Eels offered him a contract, and he signed it. If they later decided to not register the contract with the NRL, that would still be on them (if a court decides a legally binding contract was formed and award him a payout).

I understand the NRL are trying to protect the league, and money that comes from ticket sales, but it just seems to be not working that way, they are just tarnishing themselves and the Eels more by dragging it out. Better to just end it sooner rather than later I think (if they where waiting for a distraction, hi5, matching fixing investigations did that, now you have two controversies in the media rather than one..... genius).
They are now compliant with the cap to the satisfaction of the NRL as they have shed Watmough, Peats, Morgan, Paulo. The problem was the fact that the board of Parramatta was successful in having an injunction granted stating that the action the NRL was taking was flawed in seeking to displace the board.

NRL have punished them with the loss of points but can not apply that penalty until the right to reply deadline has been reached.( this means that their points are still listed in the premiership ladder but will disappear once full judgement has been carried out) Should have been yesterday but the Nrl gave them a week's grace ( to expire 10 June). Murmurings have been that not only will they finally have the 12 points deducted but any others accumulated up to the deadline.

Five years of salary cap non compliance- this should have been sorted already but both parties have been behaving like asses.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The nrl was aware of this for years they let a grass fire turn into a forest fire and still think pissing on it will do something.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol thank fuck it didn't happen in India , imagine coming home to a half burnt down house with 500 indians throwing shit at it trying to stop the blaze
Lol. Apparently not only can you put a fire out with pee but you can start one too........another interesting fact I bet you didn't know.

Couldn't find anything about using other bodily waste....

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So in summary NRL dragging the chain till June 13th when another reason will come up to drag the chain longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.