Parramatta Eels Salary Cap Rort

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Eels fan have nothing to complain about, they rorted the cap good and proper and got off lightly compared to us and the storm.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
They still have to pay him out if he retires he aint walking for the love of his adopted club
Yeah but it's possible that might happen and not go towards the cap (legally).

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So Parra can't play for points until under the cap again. That idiot at Parra has indicated prior to this that they will fight it, question is: Any team they play, do the 2 points go to them win or lose? Parra shouldn't be allowed to field a team until they are under the cap for 2016 and should forfeit all games until they are!
This begs the question 'How can points illegally obtained prior to the ruling be taken away from them when there was a very good possibility that if they had abided by the rules they may never have gotten them in the first place? " Why should the beaten sides be punished? Parramatta do not need to forfeit anything but cannot accrue points. WTF? So neither side is playing for two points in that case.
In the matter of their for and against; if points have been stripped for illegality should not their points differential also be zero? Sides who are above them on the table Newy -191; Roosters -40; Tigers -50; Titans -41.They are going like busteds and their for and against is very poor. What if it comes down to for and against in deciding a place in the semis?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I actually like the whole you can get points once you sort out your shit.

This encourages them to release players to get under the cap, these players can then go and play for other clubs, which had they not rorted the system they would probably be at other clubs already.

This shedding of over $500,000 worth of talent will no doubt reduce the quality of the team and make it harder to win matches anyway
Fair enough but we are now nearly 1/3 the way into the comp. What clubs could possibly afford to sign the players released unless of course it is a nuffy one or two. Parramatta will not want to go down the path of paying part of the salary of a released player, that is if the NRL would even allow that to happen.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cheated the salary cap.
2013- Wooden Spoon
2014- 10th
2015- 12th
2016- Were running 5th!

How shit is this club?

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting Daniel Anderson is involved, wasn't he the coach of the warriors just before they got done? Sounds very dodgy.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah clearly he did.
Atleast you know what I meant lol
He is upset understandably, plus he is not well.

We can't really blame him for misunderstanding. He is an honorary Bulldog in my eyes.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Fair enough but we are now nearly 1/3 the way into the comp. What clubs could possibly afford to sign the players released unless of course it is a nuffy one or two. Parramatta will not want to go down the path of paying part of the salary of a released player, that is if the NRL would even allow that to happen.
Like any player transfer the club receiving the player would only need to take over an agreed % of the contract

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cheated the salary cap.
2013- Wooden Spoon
2014- 10th
2015- 12th
2016- Were running 5th!

How shit is this club?
Greenberg said the rorting dated back to 2013 with the club roughly overspending on its salary cap by $3 million in that period to "give the club an advantage over its competitors".
3 fucking million

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nah, it's all good Izy. I knew we would lose points and get a fine, I'm ok with that. But the NRL said we were ok for this year, now they have retracted that. Now, they want to pull the team apart. It's rather ironic than you put that coffin up, because if you saw me at present, I look like I belong in one:grinning:. Anyway, I'm going to leave you all to have your fun. I think you may understand I can't join you all in your celebrations.
Not celebrations, not at all. In fact I am really angry that this has happened again within a sport that I like to invest my time and support in. What a bloody mess. I think what has got most offside with this is the fact that throughout it all, throughout all the reports in the media, the dialogue between the club and the NRL there was nothing but denial and threats of legal challenge from the men ( if you can call them that) that have well and truly shafted your club. I post my displeasure at the way the punishment has been handed down because I believe in like for like and this punishment does not come into line with those previously handed down for infringements on the same level. Hope that makes sense.

Don't let it get you down DB. I probably still haven't really learned that lesson myself 100%; that it is just a game, not a matter of life and death. You looking after yourself and staying well is a matter of life and death and I hope that you concentrate on that and that only.

Here goes: I will probably get flamed for this but.....Anyone here who wants to take you to task here ( and I mean not in a friendly, banter type way) needs to back off. I would like to think that you will still post here and that people will afford you the respect that each poster here should receive. You have been here long enough and contributed in such a positive way so as to not be considered a troll.

It is a forum, a place to express your ideas and your thoughts not a bloody opinion free zone. Sorry if I am a bit emotional here but I like to think that I show respect and allow others to state their opinions in a free way. I may not agree with everything posted here but I respect the right of others to have their say. All people who follow league don't support the same side and we all have very different views about the game and the rights and wrongs of things but once again that should be respected. I don't like Souths for example but my next door neighbour supports them. We joke about it , we still have a good neighbour relationship but we respect that both of us support different sides who are typically seen as enemies. That is the footy side of it vs. the life side.

We went through this ourselves, all the finger pointing, innuendo and to this day we still do. It will get worse before it gets better, it will never completely disappear but it will hurt less with time

It has happened and it has been punished. Whether or not that punishment becomes worse is up to the response of the club and the way those that are left to man the fort handle it.

Keep well DB and concentrate on the important things like getting that transplant.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Like any player transfer the club receiving the player would only need to take over an agreed % of the contract
And Ecca therein lies part of the problem. To my way of thinking this was what helped contribute to the problem in the first place. Parra had so many players on that type of deal that something had to give.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Greenberg said the rorting dated back to 2013 with the club roughly overspending on its salary cap by $3 million in that period to "give the club an advantage over its competitors".
3 fucking million
Ah yes but that advantage turned out to be a bit of a 'wooden' one.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Ah yes but that advantage turned out to be a bit of a 'wooden' one.
Yeah but it did allow them to finally end up with the squad they have now. I'm sure i'm not the only who raised a few eyebrows at their star recruiting campaign.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They must be paying overs on some of the players.

Whats the story with roidmough? Haven't seen him with an eels jersey for ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.