News Panthers star Taylan May found guilty of assault as magistrate slams ‘cowardly’ act

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Only ppl with something to hide are afraid of being filmed. Hes a member of the nrl premiership team in a public place. He should expect to be filmed or photographed.
Absolute nonsense, the flog deserved to be roughed up dragged to the ground etc

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only ppl with something to hide are afraid of being filmed. Hes a member of the nrl premiership team in a public place. He should expect to be filmed or photographed.
If Cleary didn't want to be filmed in public, saying or doing something he shouldn't . . . then he shouldn't be saying or doing things in public he may be filmed doing. It's not rocket surgery

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No he was definitely enjoying it. Doesn't surprise me, he quickly half walked away once it happened to distance himself from any fallout no doubt. The Panthers seem to have that pack mentality that cowards do, I was surprised that Luai the creep wasn't loitering around there somewhere too.
Yes...just like the denial of the COVID breach except he was caught out in that Tik Tok video too.....

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If u are an nrl player u call security instead or u have shit for brains.
Back in my security days, I would assign one of my guards to stay near with footy players the whole time they were in my venue, especially at the Beef and Bourbon (roosters hangout) and Privilege (Bulldogs hangout).

The reason for this, and also for bikies, 9 times out of 10 it's not them that instigate trouble, it's no name idiots that start the trouble.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Back in my security days, I would assign one of my guards to stay near with footy players the whole time they were in my venue, especially at the Beef and Bourbon (roosters hangout) and Privilege (Bulldogs hangout).

The reason for this, and also for bikies, 9 times out of 10 it's not them that instigate trouble, it's no name idiots that start the trouble.
We had a friend 5'3". When sober the nicest guy and family man you could ever hope to know.

But when out, got drunk and deliberately sort out the biggest bloke at the venue to start a fight with. Just crazy and continually had to be "saved" by friends and his wife lol by dragging him away. Ruined every night out so we had to stop inviting him out except for friends parties where he was ok.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We had a friend 5'3". When sober the nicest guy and family man you could ever hope to know.

But when out, got drunk and deliberately sort out the biggest bloke at the venue to start a fight with. Just crazy and continually had to be "saved" by friends and his wife lol by dragging him away. Ruined every night out so we had to stop inviting him out except for friends parties where he was ok.
A good example of small man syndrome. The other type of wanker have small dick syndrome.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

5'3 and sorted out the biggest guy, sounds like an ex SAS guy :D

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
A good example of small man syndrome. The other type of wanker have small dick syndrome.
It’s my pet hate and you don’t want to smack them because they are so small haha

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, if this is correct, May assaults a random, goes to court. Pleads not guilty - after seeing the footage good luck if its not self defence. Apparently argued he was provoked.

Is found guilty, 'reprehensible and cowardly' is the magistrate quote. Fined $2k all up (which is probably less than a hip drop).

No conviction found (despite being found guilty) because it might 'ruin his bright future' (quote again).

NRL gives him 2 games +$3500, but next year, wouldn't want to miss a finals (see guilty above). That would be punishing the fans (apparently).

Now Cleary is out saying he feels sorry for what May has gone through. Ok sort of get that for a team mate but no mention of the poor fck that was assaulted.

Have I missed anything? If not, just another day in the NRL.
So much for the NRL's trumpeted yet inconsistently applied No Fault Stand Down Policy, even when the player is at fault. The NRL is just a circus with absolute clowns running the show.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So much for the NRL's trumpeted yet inconsistently applied No Fault Stand Down Policy, even when the player is at fault. The NRL is just a circus with absolute clowns running the show.
That policy is confusing for most fans without legal knowledge and needs to be changed

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a comical decision completely outside the bounds of precedent and good sense and fair play on so many levels.

Vlad is totally out of order in making this decision.

Can't wait to see the back of him. Rugba Leeg is the poorer for being associated with the sleazebag-like persona "don't care what the public think about the decision". Wow.

Beginning of the end, as his impartiality and competence is compromised.
Yeah he doesn't care what the public thinks but he makes decisions in the interest of fans. Explain that one Vlandys!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
5'3 and sorted out the biggest guy, sounds like an ex SAS guy :D
I know. It was quite a sight lol and a constant worry he would be pulverised...he often was when the wives weren't around to protest that someone step in and "rescue" him :grinning: