News Panthers star Taylan May found guilty of assault as magistrate slams ‘cowardly’ act

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
V'landys says it's for the fans.. What about the fans of Parra who'd rather not have to play against May?

Or the fans of other clubs who have had players suspended that didn't get the same concession and hate the decision?

Fuck this corrupt horse racing **** off right now. He's destroyed the game enough as it is.
It's a comical decision completely outside the bounds of precedent and good sense and fair play on so many levels.

Vlad is totally out of order in making this decision.

Can't wait to see the back of him. Rugba Leeg is the poorer for being associated with the sleazebag-like persona "don't care what the public think about the decision". Wow.

Beginning of the end, as his impartiality and competence is compromised.

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
VLandys , poor decision ! give yourself an uppercut.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Bad decision but people have short memories on what PVL did for our game
Serious question, not being a smartarse. Apart from keeping the game going during peak Covid (which AFL managed to do as well), what else has he done for the game?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Serious question, not being a smartarse. Apart from keeping the game going during peak Covid (which AFL managed to do as well), what else has he done for the game?
Well that alone was world leading and a massive achievement that everyone said wasn’t possible. He negotiated the TV deal, most changes to the game have been positive & although the game is far from perfect it’s overall being run better than I can ever remember

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Well that alone was world leading and a massive achievement that everyone said wasn’t possible. He negotiated the TV deal, most changes to the game have been positive & although the game is far from perfect it’s overall being run better than I can ever remember
The AFL managed to keep operating as well though, it probably had more to do with Australia's relatively low Covid impact compared to other countries more so than any magic by PVL and his AFL counterpart.
The tv deal? I think in this country tv deals for the 2 major footy codes basically sell themselves, the AFL a few days ago confirmed they had signed the biggest tv deal in Australian sport history. Covid would have been a godsend for the tv stations in regards to sport, people are going out less and are more likely to spend their weekends at home watching sport on telly.
The biggest change he made to the game, the 6-again rule, has aged very badly very quickly, people hate the rule and if a fan poll was conducted that rule alone would most likely be unanimously voted as the biggest change people want to see in the game.
And there has never been a bigger stench around the game than what there is right now, the gulf between the good teams and the bad ones has never been larger. Throw in rubbish such as this Taylen May debacle and the general view that rules of the game as well as unwritten rules that the code has forever operated under are just chopped and changed currently to whatever suits the people at NRL HQ from week to week and I would argue that the game is being run very badly with zero consideration for the stakeholders of the game, us fans.
The quicker Greasy Pete slinks off back to racing the better IMO. He has turned our game into a farce in his short time overseeing this mess.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Was it my imagination or did daddy's boy have a grin on his face after May grabbed the bloke and pulled him backwards..?
Twitter saying he is seen smirking about it?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Positive changes? Every season has gotten worse. This season has been one of the worst ever and can't wait till it's done.

People don't watch for a good game any more, majority watch to see how officials and admin fuck games up.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Positive changes? Every season has gotten worse. This season has been one of the worst ever and can't wait till it's done.

People don't watch for a good game any more, majority watch to see how officials and admin fuck games up.
I don’t remember the last time anyone said anything positive about an NRL CEO or executive though to be honest. Maybe decades ago? I like to give credit where I think it’s due. I know Peter through racing and think he’s a good operator but can also appreciate you guys don’t agree with me

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
I don’t remember the last time anyone said anything positive about an NRL CEO or executive though to be honest. Maybe decades ago? I like to give credit where I think it’s due. I know Peter through racing and think he’s a good operator but can also appreciate you guys don’t agree with me
Gallop was alright. Before that probably when Quayle and Arko were in charge during the RL heyday, sure Arko had affiliations to Manly but at least they ran a pretty tight ship. It's a dog's breakfast nowdays.
Everyone has their own opinions though, at least that makes the discussion interesting.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Gallop was alright. Before that probably when Quayle and Arko were in charge during the RL heyday, sure Arko had affiliations to Manly but at least they ran a pretty tight ship. It's a dog's breakfast nowdays.
Everyone has their own opinions though, at least that makes the discussion interesting.
I guess everyone is different though mate because I thought Gallop was the second worst (after that clown Smith) haha.
I can see why people don’t like PVL though, especially if you’re in Victorian racing haha

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Was it my imagination or did daddy's boy have a grin on his face after May grabbed the bloke and pulled him backwards..?
No he was definitely enjoying it. Doesn't surprise me, he quickly half walked away once it happened to distance himself from any fallout no doubt. The Panthers seem to have that pack mentality that cowards do, I was surprised that Luai the creep wasn't loitering around there somewhere too.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I can't honestly answer you about the last good nrlol CEO....

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I guess everyone is different though mate because I thought Gallop was the second worst (after that clown Smith) haha.
I can see why people don’t like PVL though, especially if you’re in Victorian racing haha
PVL just comes across as a fat, corrupt slob. Doesn't present himself as professional at all.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
At least Gallop oversaw some heavy penalties for teams cheating the cap etc. V'landys just treats the current game like a toy to be fiddled and bastardised with at his whim. The game is at an all time low in regards to supporter investment and confidence IMO. There would have been a lot of disillusioned fans turn away from the game in the last year or two.