News Panthers reject latest swap deal offer from Bulldogs for Burton

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Panthers have one of the best Junior development programs which was developed by Gould.

What would they want to release him?
Obviously to be paid for developing him as they have mentioned several times.

If Dogs had offered them a release fee, they would of more than likely let him go and had some money to keep the development program going strong. That was Gould's vision and it's part of good business.
Value inside the salary cap is worth a lot more than money outside the salary cap. We're looking at multiple millions and even then. It'd be a ridiculous fee. The Panthers currently have Burton on minimum wage when he's worth x5 that amount and potentially more.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, so why did the club change their mind (because they got the decision wrong)? I would of payed all of Napa's salary to play elsewhere if it was the only way to get the deal done. I honestly don't see what Napa offers that someone like Britt or another promoted player wouldn't. The club changing their stance is the biggest worry here. We have very little to look forward to this year and Napa isn't in our plans next year...
You can't pay a player's entire salary to play for another club. In hindsight I would agree in paying 1/2 to 2/3 but no more.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You can't pay a player's entire salary to play for another club. In hindsight I would agree in paying 1/2 to 2/3 but no more.
Well you definitely can and if it was the only way to get Burton early I would of liked us to of paid all of Napa's wages. It's only for 1 year. Panthers didn't want Napa unless we were contributing 100%. The worst thing about all of this is the club changing their mind. Now we look like a laughing stock (if we didn't already).

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hetherington is ok, but he's not a starting prop. He's an enforcer, not a leader.
I was worried about how much of a loose cannon he'd be and never rated him but he hasn't even shown any of the aggression that he's famous for at a time when we need it the most and our forwards to lift. So if he doesn't even do that, and makes average metres then he doesn't offer much.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with most sentiments here.

1) Burton will be better off staying there this year. I mean, their reggies are a better team than out 1st grade. Let him come an even better player.

2) Napa is now, and always fkn was a myth. One fluke game (obviously was) when he got a couple of lucky hits on the Burgess boys. He’s fkn USELESS! I was so pissed when we signed him, and even MORE pissed now. Never seen a more useless good for nothing park tard player.

3) I hope we do remember this now whenever Penrith May next need something from us. It may be never, but we should never forget these flogs.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe with us paying almost full freight wouldn’t have worked under the salary cap? Think about that for a while
I'd pay the full amount just so the useless lump doesn't play for us!

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The club had the chance, hell Assassin even had the car idling out the front to deliver the plonker but no. Who was the fuckstick that made that call?

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Imagine how embarrassing it would be to the Club if Laundy actually made that phone call.
He should never have opened his mouth in the first place but then to grovel in the interest and lets face it "on behalf of the Club" would be sickening.
Cant believe people support him speaking on Dogs matter.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
First major fuck up from the new management.

What fucking blind **** wouldn't of traded a piece of cat shit for a future rep player?

Anyways, I don't want Burts this year, he will be infected with the shit **** virus at Belmore.