Panther whingers

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If you win a comp, expect to get pillaged, simple.

If panthers wanted to keep those players, they should have made them a priority. It’s fair game to the players and the Bulldogs if Penrith don’t see them in that light.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Had my boys first training session this year at Wenty yesterday and there dumb fucks already crying we are over the cap...

Being Wenty they were mostly parra fans.

Just shut them down instantly saying "at least when we cheat we win, you guys cheated and got the spoon".

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
At the end of the day, Gus would have taken more from his time at the Dogs than any other club, and he applied a lot of what he learnt to turning the Panthers around. Yes there were other's involved, but we all know Gus was the main man.. and we can see how much influence he has in how much has happened since his return to the Dogs.

Burt Matton

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’d sign some players…. But poaching from predominantly one club and essentially trying to clone their DNA is a big mistake and an insult to this club’s great legacy, baby!

Especially when we are paying overs for players like Kikau and Crichton.
I ain’t no big fan of signing a lot of our players from the panthers either as it sets us up to be called hypocrites but you know what homes, if we start winning and make the top 8/4, ain’t no one gunna be a complainin yo. Peace.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you read / hear any Panthers fans whingeing about us pinching their players don't be shy to remind them how they took multi premiership winning players Chris Mortimer and Peter Kelly from us (in 1988) and Peter Tunks (1990).

What goes around comes around .... karma

We were raided by the Eels for McCracken, Dymock and Pay and by the Roosters for Myles, Mason, SBW, O'Meley and Anasta. Who's turn is it now ?
How dare you forget Paul (the dunny) Dunn 1991 :laughing:

Froggo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
End of the day the Panthers have had such success that they can't afford to keep the band together. As for multiple Panthers ending up at the Dogs why wouldn't you want to go where your mates went, your assistant coach and Gus who signed you to the Panthers in the first place. As pointed out the Dogs lost multiple players after GF success first to the Eels and then the Rorters.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Same. I just think about young guys (Dogs fans) in the workplace coping shit from workmates about the building of the so-called Penrith Bulldogs etc. I hope they can learn our history and they don't have to go back that far to remind these big mouths (who may be unaware also) that the Panthers did exactly the same thing to us "first" a few years after we won multiple comps. I'm sure it would shut up those big mouths. Yes I want other fans whingeing too about our results though and I laugh when dickheads start going on about us breaking the salary cap.
Don't stress about it, just let them we've naturalized them all...
The proof is they've learned how to play the drums on Belmore streets :tearsofjoy:

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Had my boys first training session this year at Wenty yesterday and there dumb fucks already crying we are over the cap...

Just shut them down instantly saying "at least when we cheat we win, you guys cheated and got the spoon".
thats early bruz

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Clearly the other 15 clubs aren’t selling themselves well or we wouldn’t be ending up with them all. Blame them.
It's hard for any club to compete with Rugby Leagues new power couple in Gus and Ciraldo :grinning:

Last edited:

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry to deflate your post there Assassin, but remember 2002. We were accused and charged with breaching the Salary Cap, stripped of 34 competion points and got the wooden spoon. Probably the most competitive and successful wooden spooners in rugby league history.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you read / hear any Panthers fans whingeing about us pinching their players don't be shy to remind them how they took multi premiership winning players Chris Mortimer and Peter Kelly from us (in 1988) and Peter Tunks (1990).

What goes around comes around .... karma

We were raided by the Eels for McCracken, Dymock and Pay and by the Roosters for Myles, Mason, SBW, O'Meley and Anasta. Who's turn is it now ?
Commented this in another thread . . . But they poached their current coach twice, first from the warriors and then from the tigers . . . If its so hard having the worlds largest rugby league junior base, just ask the nrl to redefine the boundaries . . . Or just shut your whining pie holes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where did I say I’m against signing players?

What I said is I’m against raiding from predominantly one club and attempting to effectively clone their DNA, because that is just going to turn us into a cheap bootleg of a club we will never outdo at their own game. We should be buying players who will buy into our culture, not players who will just bring a watered down version of their culture here. We haven’t even lsnddd any of the posters who made Penrith as good as they are (Cleary, Yeo, Edwards etc) we are just buying the posters who have ridden their coat tails.

If you look at the tigers, they have recruited much smarter…. Which is why they are set to surprise a lot of people this year and we will be a big letdown.
[emoji115]this is nothing like the post I responded to or what you originally said …

You said dogs fans are a bunch of sooks, something about treat others as you’d expect to be treated, and that Gus is turning us into the Roosters …

Nothing about buying multiple players from the one club or DNA or anything …

Maybe it’s time to stop guessing and just wait for the footy season to start and then we’ll see who’s recruited well.

Just so you’re aware … My prediction is Dogs will be way above the Tigers on the ladder …

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Told you dude, Wenty is f@#ked.

You need to bring those boys to the Devils. :laughing:

soc123_au

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ha ha at those that think we are salty. It's hard to be sad when you have only lost a handful of games in 3 years.

We have our share of mouth breathers on facebook that would be getting teary eyed, but the majority of hardcore fans see it for what it is, the price of success. The banter towards the Dogs is more amusement than hate. You guys cried long and hard over being raided over the years, "Bred not Bought" is just coming back to bite.

I've mentioned a few times on this site that the players we got from Belmore in the late 80's were what we needed to take the next step, they were also close to or past their use by dates at the Dogs. A bit different to what is coming the other way now. Like a few of you mentioned though, if it wasn't you guys, it would be someone else. The only one I'm salty about is Api, very dumb by us letting him go. To the rest I say Thanks for your service and best of luck.

I am looking forward to seeing the old Panthers scoreboard at Belmore in Heritage Round too.

One other plus I suppose is that they can teach your guys the team song given they got to sing it pretty much every week.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ha ha at those that think we are salty. It's hard to be sad when you have only lost a handful of games in 3 years.

We have our share of mouth breathers on facebook that would be getting teary eyed, but the majority of hardcore fans see it for what it is, the price of success. The banter towards the Dogs is more amusement than hate. You guys cried long and hard over being raided over the years, "Bred not Bought" is just coming back to bite.

I've mentioned a few times on this site that the players we got from Belmore in the late 80's were what we needed to take the next step, they were also close to or past their use by dates at the Dogs. A bit different to what is coming the other way now. Like a few of you mentioned though, if it wasn't you guys, it would be someone else. The only one I'm salty about is Api, very dumb by us letting him go. To the rest I say Thanks for your service and best of luck.

I am looking forward to seeing the old Panthers scoreboard at Belmore in Heritage Round too.

One other plus I suppose is that they can teach your guys the team song given they got to sing it pretty much every week.
We’ve been down for about 6 years now and people didn’t say anything.. now we start to make moves and people cry salary cap lol… it was always gonna happen

soc123_au

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We’ve been down for about 6 years now and people didn’t say anything.. now we start to make moves and people cry salary cap lol… it was always gonna happen
Pretty much, embrace the hate.

I'm keen to see how it plays out tbh. Mostly what Gus has planned for depth, the way it's looking you will be pretty thin outside the top 13 or so.