Panther whingers

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you read / hear any Panthers fans whingeing about us pinching their players don't be shy to remind them how they took multi premiership winning players Chris Mortimer and Peter Kelly from us (in 1988) and Peter Tunks (1990).

What goes around comes around .... karma

We were raided by the Eels for McCracken, Dymock and Pay and by the Roosters for Myles, Mason, SBW, O'Meley and Anasta. Who's turn is it now ?

Last edited:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If they didn't lose them to the Bulldogs it would be to another club. Blame the NRL & the salary cap not the Bulldogs.

I personally think that teams should get a discount on their own juniors but the NRL doesn't think so.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Imagine how salty they're going to be when we steal their trophy too
It's not their trophy. They've won it 4 times since 1967. We won it 4 times just in the 80's.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Lol dogs fans are the biggest sooks ever when it comes to our players getting raided. So much for treat others as you’d like to be treated.

Gus is trying yo turn us into the roosters and it breaks my heart, baby!

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you read / hear any Panthers fans whingeing about us pinching their players don't be shy to remind them how they took multi premiership winning players Chris Mortimer and Peter Kelly from us (in 1988) and Peter Tunks (1990).

What goes around comes around .... karma

We were raided by the Eels for McCracken, Dymock and Pay and by the Roosters for Myles, Mason, SBW, O'Meley and Anasta. Who's turn is it now ?
and Jason Smith to Eels

Burt Matton

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lol dogs fans are the biggest sooks ever when it comes to our players getting raided. So much for treat others as you’d like to be treated.

Yeah it sucks getting raided big time baby.
May I ask if you were in Gus’ position what would your plan be to get the Bulldogs back into a winning position in the shortest timeframe possible to keep the whinging fans at bay?

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

For someone who keeps sprouting on about how brilliant they are, you seem to have zero knowledge on how to rebuild a broken club …

It’s common knowledge what happened to our very successful junior funnels and pathways, Gus doesn’t have a magic wand to rebuild those or fix that massive problem over night .. as you would have seen at the Panthers, even with their massive catchment areas, it takes fucking years to get these kids 1st grade ready, and it’s not a job that can be rushed ..

So here’s the choices, languish at the bottom of the ladder losing and getting the spoon for all those years while you rebuild those pathways and bring through those kids, or you go to market and buy the best off contract 1st grade quality players you possible can …

Buying and bringing in quality 1st grade players equals winning games again and has multiple benefits, it brings back your fans, it brings back a winning culture, the young kids your starting to bring through the grades and nurture get to train and be around experienced winners, they get to learn what it means to have a winning attitude, how to train to be a winner, they advance faster by learning from having these experienced winners around them, they aspire to be them … you can’t get that from a losing culture …

Personally I’m fucking stoked we have Gus, he’s unlike most GM’s that you never hear from that just sit back and suckle on their clubs teat year after year and continue to coast along … Gus moves hell and high water to get shit done and strives to be successful …

There’s no one else in the Nrl I’d want running our club other than Gus .. I watched what he did at the Roosters who were a perennial losing club, then I watched him again at the Panther who were broke and again perennial losers … I have every faith we’ll win multiple premierships with him steering the ship … love him or hate him, he doesn’t give a shit, he’s there to win and he knows how to succeed.

If he was just buying players and not working his ass of rebuilding pathways, funnels, a centre of excellence, or bringing in young talent, and putting the right people in the right places to nurture them, I’d agree with you … if you haven’t taken note of what he’s already achieved in just a year and a half, then you obviously haven’t been paying attention …

And no I’m not wanking on about him, it’s a simple case of credit where credits due ..

Last edited:

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
and Jason Smith to Eels
One of my favourites was Jason Smith, thankfully we got the best years out him, wasn't the same at the Eels but then again who is.

What I loved about J Smith was that he hit the defensive line hard and would on a number of occasions get a miracle pass away.

He's brother Darren was also a great player for us. Pity they were Cane Toads.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Boo-fucking-hoo.....let's whinge about the team they moved to instead of blaming the nrLOL.

The man that made them what they are today is back with us doing what he done there.

Cry me a river you bogan fuckers.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Younger generations wouldn't be aware of what they did to us and would only see us as the aggressors. It's unfair. They should know the truth / history
FFS mate. Get over it.

The people that matter are dogs supporters. If they don't want to understand our history then fine, but maybe they can't call them dogs supporters.

Who gives a fuck if the Panthers are whinging? FFS.

You're a good guy and I know you love the dogs but stop spouting shit.
I WANT people to be whinging about us as it means we're good.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For someone who keeps sprouting on about how brilliant they are, you seem to have zero knowledge on how to rebuild a broken club …

It’s common knowledge what happened to our very successful junior funnels and pathways, Gus doesn’t have a magic wand to rebuild those or fix that massive problem over night .. as you would have seen at the Panthers, even with their massive catchment areas, it takes fucking years to get these kids 1st grade ready, and it’s not a job that can be rushed ..

So here’s the choices, languish at the bottom of the ladder losing and getting the spoon for all those years while you rebuild those pathways and bring through those kids, or you go to market and buy the best off contract 1st grade quality players you possible can …

Buying and bringing in quality 1st grade players equals winning games again and has multiple benefits, it brings back your fans, it brings back a winning culture, the young kids your starting to bring through the grades and nurture get to train and be around experienced winners, they get to learn what it means to have a winning attitude, how to train to be a winner, they advance faster by learning from having these experienced winners around them, they aspire to be them … you can’t get that from a losing culture …

Personally I’m fucking stoked we have Gus, he’s unlike most GM’s that you never hear from that just sit back and suckle on their clubs teat year after year and continue to coast along … Gus moves hell and high water to get shit done and strives to be successful …

There’s no one else in the Nrl I’d want running our club other than Gus .. I watched what he did at the Roosters who were a perennial losing club, then I watched him again at the Panther who were broke and again perennial losers … I have every faith we’ll win multiple premierships with him steering the ship … love him or hate him, he doesn’t give a shit, he’s there to win and he knows how to succeed.

If he was just buying players and not working his ass of rebuilding pathways, funnels, a centre of excellence, or bringing in young talent, and putting the right people in the right places to nurture them, I’d agree with you … if you haven’t taken note of what he’s already achieved in just a year and a half, then you obviously haven’t been paying attention …

And no I’m not wanking on about him, it’s a simple case of credit where credits due ..
Agreed mate. Gus seems to be hitting the sweet spot on buying the players that the fans think they need and the recruitment team need.
He's doing a fair job recruiting juniors simultaneously as well.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dogs have become one of the top destinations for players since CC appointment. We are up there with Storm, Panthers, Roosters in pulling power and players will come to us from lower clubs for less money. For the opportunity we can provide.

Players from Clubs like Warriors, West Tigers, Titans, Knights, Sea Eagles, Dragons & Broncos would come to us for less than what they are being paid at their current club.

It is the nature of the Salary Cap and the requirement to spend 95% of it that guarantees players at lower clubs get paid more than what they would at top destinations. If all players were paid what they are worth then how would teams with struggling rosters ever get to that 95%

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FFS mate. Get over it.

The people that matter are dogs supporters. If they don't want to understand our history then fine, but maybe they can't call them dogs supporters.

Who gives a fuck if the Panthers are whinging? FFS.

You're a good guy and I know you love the dogs but stop spouting shit.
I WANT people to be whinging about us as it means we're good.
Same. I just think about young guys (Dogs fans) in the workplace coping shit from workmates about the building of the so-called Penrith Bulldogs etc. I hope they can learn our history and they don't have to go back that far to remind these big mouths (who may be unaware also) that the Panthers did exactly the same thing to us "first" a few years after we won multiple comps. I'm sure it would shut up those big mouths. Yes I want other fans whingeing too about our results though and I laugh when dickheads start going on about us breaking the salary cap.