Social Media Pangai to be sacked

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The fact we don't want him, even though we could easily afford him, and that he's whoring himself around behind the back of this club sits ok with you guys? Also you don't think the act of calling us indicates he doesn't want to work hard at a struggling club, but would rather coast along at a strong one, again not a good attribute for a potential signing.

Good luck if you land him.
How could the Roosters easily afford him? He'd cost 600k or more. Who's coming off contract that will free up that money?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So what did they do that was so bad then? Most peoples gripes were based on their own assumtions that the board wasnt doing anything. But given recent events these notions should have been put to bed. So i think you might just need to get off your high horse and accept the good work they have done, and stop jumping up and down when some flog journo writes some article with no quotes or proof.
Exactly right mate. It’s as though people think signings and sponsors pop up overnight. They take months and months of working, planning and back and forth. It’s hard for some to admit they were wrong and full credit to those that have accepted it and actually congratulated the board

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yep and they did nothing about pay, they distanced themselves from him so he was forced to leave all on his own doing cause he was hearing nothing from the board. Badly handled.
Of course they were going to make a few signings we have to have 30 players in squad every year.
They did get us a new major sponsor in authur laundy, and he himself wants fully in on the action, i take that as he doesnt trust this board to handle his investment, so he will watch over it.
Lyn and hill have to show better leadership qualities before i give them any praise.
That’s your opinion/guess and it’s incorrect. Your posts are hilarious though. Thanks

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're extremely lucky if he does become available before 2022 - we need to make the most of it especially after we missed out on Bateman and Fifita AND we let CHN go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - why the f..k wouldn't we be chasing Pangai ?

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So what did they do that was so bad then? Most peoples gripes were based on their own assumtions that the board wasnt doing anything. But given recent events these notions should have been put to bed. So i think you might just need to get off your high horse and accept the good work they have done, and stop jumping up and down when some flog journo writes some article with no quotes or proof.
lets see you basing everything on the last 2 weeks pretty much. 2 weeks of action against 100 plus weeks of no action
the board has started to do something, it had to to save their own arses, or do you believe they would have survived next election by doing nothing

take your blikers off and rose colored glasses off, the board were forced into doing something, and reading what laundry hotels owner has said himself, he will be hands on, would a board generally allow that, or only a board under the pump to get some results

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
lets see you basing everything on the last 2 weeks pretty much. 2 weeks of action against 100 plus weeks of no action
the board has started to do something, it had to to save their own arses, or do you believe they would have survived next election by doing nothing

take your blikers off and rose colored glasses off, the board were forced into doing something, and reading what laundry hotels owner has said himself, he will be hands on, would a board generally allow that, or only a board under the pump to get some results
So you’re saying they’ve only just tried to sign a major sponsor in the past two weeks? What about Rashays then?
You know we’ve tried (both successfully and unsuccessfully) to sign players for a long time, not 2 weeks

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meaney looks a lot better now at fullback - even passing the ball (wish he had a step though) so our backs don't really need changing. If we continue with Averillo in the centres we could even shed Hopa at the end of his contract - end of next year to free up some decent money and keep Lafai as back up on the cheap (shed Holland and Montoya). We only really need Burton in the backs - to replace Lewis. I'd personally keep Foran to partner with Burton who's still young with Wakeham as a backup and maybe also Lewis. Shed Cogger. If we could have got both Jackson Hastings and Burton I'd be happy to shed Foran but looks like we're no chance at Hastings unfortunately because of his past conflict with Trent Barrett while they were both at Manly.

So if we only need to buy Burton in the backs this should leave plenty of cap where we can definitely improve in the forwards. Priority 1 is hooker with Brandon Smith / Daryl Clarke hopefully for 2021. Next is prop but we'll probably have to wait til end of this season and sign one for 2022. If Ofahiki Ogden keeps playing like he did on the weekend he could remain a starting prop or alternatively we could use Toomaga. When Napa comes off contract at the end of 2021 he should be replaced with one of the best big young props available - Addin Fonua-Blake in my opinion who was voted best prop in the game recently by his peers. He obviously knows Barrett well and he comes off contract at the end of 2021. He's still pretty young I believe. May cost an extra 100K-150K a season more than Napa but that's all.

I remember Phil Gould saying that all premiership winning teams need a real strike backrower and I agree. With CHN gone we will definitely miss that strike. CHN made Foran more effective for us. From November this year for season 2022 we should make it a priority to sign either Tevita Pangai Junior or Sitili Tupouniua from the Roosters. Hell get both if we can afford it (we probably could) and if our halves are going well. Sitili would be cheaper now before he cements a starting spot with the Roosters.

By adding just 4 extra players we could have the team below by 2022. No more boring f..king Tolmam or Jacko hit ups from the starting pack. I doubt we'd ever get stuck down our own end of the field for repeated sets like we do now when the opposition defense have good line speed. Every single one of our forwards would be hard to contain / difficult to tackle. All our backs would be genuinely fast. In the halves we'd have 1 very experienced half and one very good young half - a good combination (better than the Roosters possibly).

Great combinations all over the park.

I'd also think about swapping Reimis Smith for Alex Johnston - who would be a much better back up for Meaney if injured than DWZ.

1 Nick Meaney
2 DWZ
3 Nick Cotric
4 Jake Averillo
5 Remis Smith / Jayden Okunbor
6 Kieran Foran
7 Matt Burton
8 Addin Fonua-Blake
9 Brandon Smith
10 Ofahiki Odgen / Renouf Toomaga
11 Tevita Pangai Junior / Sitili Tupouniua
12 RFM
13 Luke Thompson

14 Renouf Toomaga
15 Sauaso Sue
16 Josh Jackson
17 Joe Stimson / Sione Katoa

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Exactly right mate. People complain we have too many forwards, that we will lose our young forwards, that we desperately need spine players but will then throw 900k at another forward from a fellow struggling club who is suspended half the year. It sounds like the Ray Dib school of salary cap management, not Nick Politis :grinning:
Hooker and half absolutely should be the priority. But if we can address those positions first and still have money for a strike/impact forward like TPJ that we sorely need, then it's worth looking into.

Especially if he's available for a reasonable price (600-650k?) considering we have CHN's money to spend (500k) and Napa's coming off contract next year (550k) and we need a strike edge 2nd rower..

I'm worried about TPJ's lack of discipline too but he seems to be improving in that respect lately and he's worth taking a chance on.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hooker and half absolutely should be the priority. But if we can address those positions first and still have money for a strike/impact forward like TPJ that we sorely need, then it's worth looking into.

Especially if he's available for a reasonable price (600-650k?) considering we have CHN's money to spend (500k) and Napa's coming off contract next year (550k) and we need a strike edge 2nd rower..

I'm worried about TPJ's lack of discipline too but he seems to be improving in that respect lately and he's worth taking a chance on.
Exactly Right. I mean it’s roll reverse (if true he’s available and wanting out) we want a gun hooker and half but fuck all available. We are hoping b smith and burton want out from playing 3rd or 4th fiddle...

If we pass on a tpj and nothing is available to replace Napa of similar quality as tpj we end up with another dud like Napa....

If he’s able to be signed. Get him. Piss nap of next year there’s a spot locked with a player to build with Thompson rfm and hopefully a few other like jacko and Ogden and Renouf... cotric and Jake there... Meaney hoppa Dwz and Smith okunbor give us enough decent backs for now.

Even Katoa and Stimson could be decent depth.

Let Elliott Tolman jmk Lewis montoya Holland cricton Napa etc go.

Hopefully few kids come through like doorey topine etc.

Though completely agree we need b smith and burton ideally locked in asap!!! Our weakest issues by far! Have been for years. No shock we aren’t making finals...

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Exactly Right. I mean it’s roll reverse (if true he’s available and wanting out) we want a gun hooker and half but fuck all available. We are hoping b smith and burton want out from playing 3rd or 4th fiddle...

If we pass on a tpj and nothing is available to replace Napa of similar quality as tpj we end up with another dud like Napa....

If he’s able to be signed. Get him. Piss nap of next year there’s a spot locked with a player to build with Thompson rfm and hopefully a few other like jacko and Ogden and Renouf... cotric and Jake there... Meaney hoppa Dwz and Smith okunbor give us enough decent backs for now.

Even Katoa and Stimson could be decent depth.

Let Elliott Tolman jmk Lewis montoya Holland cricton Napa etc go.

Hopefully few kids come through like doorey topine etc.

Though completely agree we need b smith and burton ideally locked in asap!!! Our weakest issues by far! Have been for years. No shock we aren’t making finals...
Yeah if we can get Burton and a top hooker or promising one like Starling then get TPJ then I'm all for it. If it's TPJ at the expense of those positions then I'm against it.

You'd hope with our cap space and Napa off contract next year that we could slightly back end some deals (you're still allowed to by 50-100k or so) so that we could sort out the spine and sign another forward or two and outside back.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

I think “if” being the key word though. I can’t see him leaving the Broncos & their TPAs to join us in Belmore on the same or less money. He’d be leaving for more money

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully with the Laundy group as major sponsor we can now start to be competitive with third party sponsorship like we once were. The old man seems to be pretty keen on having high involvement.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think “if” being the key word though. I can’t see him leaving the Broncos & their TPAs to join us in Belmore on the same or less money. He’d be leaving for more money
You're probably right. Unless he just wants out of Brisbane but you'd think he'd be their main forward after losing Fifita. I know it's most likely he stays at Brisbane. But if he was available, I wouldn't complain if we signed him.