News Pangai offered to walk away from $700,000-a-year Bulldogs deal

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Blah blah blah, more spin to justify his overinflated price tag. If it's true that we had the chance to piss him off and didn't take it then someone needs to be held accountable

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good on him for the offer but I can’t look past who his advisors are. It just doesn’t sit right.
Was the offer a sneaky way to get out of a contract because those around him think he can get more somewhere else and if we accepted he wouldn’t of jumped on a plane in the middle of the night like his mate.
I think there’s a big misconception around the Mundine and Nasser, tbh in real life Mundine is a truly beautiful person. I have sparred rounds with him and he always takes time to talk to the kids in the gym, one thing I know about our club is it’s reformed in the way it does things , I think for any Muslim where else would you rather have a player then in a community so heavily tied to that religion so the favouritism is there from Mundine and Nasser, also their guidance also means no drinking no partying. I hope Wednesday tpj has a blinder, there have been small glimmering sparks in this years team and our club.

Anyway let’s hope he draws haas over, I wouldn’t be surprised tbh.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blah blah blah, more spin to justify his overinflated price tag. If it's true that we had the chance to piss him off and didn't take it then someone needs to be held accountable
TPJ like any other player is bound to the figure signed under the salary cap.

Medical retirement is the only option the club has to avoid a signed player’s money NOT being a part of their salary cap.

If we had a chance to “piss him off” to play for someone else cheaper. We will still have the balance of Is contract allocated to our cap. Whilst having him tear us a new one every time he played us.

We have a real chance to see how TPJ plays with quality around him on Wednesday night. He has NO support outside of King currently at the club.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you sign Haas, the dumb fuck TPJ thinks he will still be at the club with him.
What you mean? Aint you a bronco supporter? You should know that Haas won’t sign unless TPJ is here. Not that I think we have a real shot at Haas

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What you mean? Aint you a bronco supporter? You should know that Haas won’t sign unless TPJ is here. Not that I think we have a real shot at Haas
Oh please

He won't care, as long as the money is high.

All this bullshit that it won't be about the money it will be about winning premiership. lol

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what about all those articles from Fox and DT that he was on 950K a year? I knew they were rubbish, but many on here continued to believe.

All I hope for is that he comes out of Origin with no injuries, and he finds some consistency for the dogs for the rest of the year.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh please

He won't care, as long as the money is high.

All this bullshit that it won't be about the money it will be about winning premiership. lol
You think Haas will come here if we offload TPJ. He will get huge offers from everywhere, no chance he comes if we get rid of TPJ. That’s all I said - you said that TPJ is dumb if he thinks he is staying if Hass is coming. I think you are mad wrong because they are mates. He staying broncos I reckon

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
what about all those articles from Fox and DT that he was on 950K a year? I knew they were rubbish, but many on here continued to believe.

All I hope for is that he comes out of Origin with no injuries, and he finds some consistency for the dogs for the rest of the year.
He was on 950k for first year because that was the final year of his broncos contract and they had to chip in. We never paid him 950k.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Yes you beat me to it..still a lot of coin but a long way off the 925k a season b.s bandied about lol

Agree on the second part too, hopefully a good rest of 2023.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can’t see him staying beyond his contract.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Can you save me a seat on your special flight.
Get away from this cold weather and enjoy some nice French beer,oops I mean wine.
I’m not travelling mate, but if you are, it leaves in the middle of the night and you can’t tell anyone before you depart, just go - preferably not long after you’ve just signed a 4 year contract :-).

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m not travelling mate, but if you are, it leaves in the middle of the night and you can’t tell anyone before you depart, just go - preferably not long after you’ve just signed a 4 year contract :-).
Yeah that still leaves a bad taste in my mouth years on.
Well you know what they say don’t you Dinkum,nothing further