News Pangai offered to walk away from $700,000-a-year Bulldogs deal

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was on 950k for first year because that was the final year of his broncos contract and they had to chip in. We never paid him 950k.
I know, Bulldogs never paid him 950k even though drunkfield and others said we were.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just seeing him partnered with SBW and Khodder has me really unsettled.

Can only end in disaster
Yea have to agree, definitely not sitting right !!!

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have heard that about Mundine and do understand a lot of his persona in the media was for marketing to gain as much interest in his career as possible

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
What a weird way to try and get an early release.

Dodgy *****

Doggfather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
SBW is a different person than when he left the Bulldogs, he’s remorseful and regrets it no doubt.

I hope Pangai can fire up and spark his form. We are still in finals contention this season is not over!

Sick of excuses and ‘we’re getting x player next year’. We have the big dogs now if they can perform.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
SBW is back around the club. Gus has a good relationship with him. It’s time for dogs fans move on about what happened in 2008. All the players are probably talking to him. Even Kikau is getting advice from him
Move on?

Please clarify what you mean by “moving on”. Do we accept him with open arms? Do we kiss the ground he walks on? Or is it simply forgive him for what some may call a near-unforgivable action?

Forgiving is easy. Forgetting it hard. And there is an old saying.. fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, and that’s on me.

He apologised to fans and the club - but in the same breath was dirty he had to pay a transfer fee. He’s a flop of a human as far as I’m concerned.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I mean if we are ever getting Haas, SBW is a huge factor so he can stay just for that lol

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy if he plays good for the blues but happier if he does it for the bulldogs. He has been a flake since he came to bulldogs average at best forward when he is on the field.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Has TPJ played well since his return? Hasn't he failed to live up to expectations?

Then what is all this talk about? He's hardly set the world on fire, has he?

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
SBW is a different person than when he left the Bulldogs, he’s remorseful and regrets it no doubt.

I hope Pangai can fire up and spark his form. We are still in finals contention this season is not over!

Sick of excuses and ‘we’re getting x player next year’. We have the big dogs now if they can perform.
Whether he is or not, who really gives a shit. The real concern is individuals still preoccupied with hating this guy till they die, we will never forgive him ! 20 year old kid left the shitty nrl to make a mill a year and open the door to play for the all blacks. Fuck any club and fan when it comes to your family, certain demographic don’t understand that mentality.

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
SBW is back around the club. Gus has a good relationship with him. It’s time for dogs fans move on about what happened in 2008. All the players are probably talking to him. Even Kikau is getting advice from him
Sonny was about 22 years old when he left the club - pretty young considering he was also one of our best at that age. I'm sure he would look back at the process and think differently about it. We also signed a young player for much less than they were worth (4 year deal I think), if Gus was here he probably would have offered an upgrade mid contract. I bet he doesn't regret where his career went after the dogs though, NRL, Super Rugby, world cup wins....I do think he is a good influence on young players with his training ethic and discipline and happy to have him around our club.