News Pangai offered to walk away from $700,000-a-year Bulldogs deal

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought he told the club they can sack him if he under performs?

Bloke seems to have real confidence issues.

Nasser telling him he's a boxer though doesn't sit well with me. Likewise I don't see SBW as a role model.

Mason sure. O'Meley sure, but something about SBW I still don't trust. Seems far too aligned with the Roosters still for me.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought he told the club they can sack him if he under performs?

Bloke seems to have real confidence issues.

Nasser telling him he's a boxer though doesn't sit well with me. Likewise I don't see SBW as a role model.

Mason sure. O'Meley sure, but something about SBW I still don't trust. Seems far too aligned with the Roosters still for me.
I'm a little worried about this Sonny bill fella. I want you to find out what he's got under his fingernails, ya'know. Go to the Tattaglia's and make them think that you're not too happy with our family and -- and ah find out what you can.

we need to give sbw the old Luca brasi treatment

1685736622567.jpeg

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sonny was about 22 years old when he left the club - pretty young considering he was also one of our best at that age. I'm sure he would look back at the process and think differently about it. We also signed a young player for much less than they were worth (4 year deal I think), if Gus was here he probably would have offered an upgrade mid contract. I bet he doesn't regret where his career went after the dogs though, NRL, Super Rugby, world cup wins....I do think he is a good influence on young players with his training ethic and discipline and happy to have him around our club.
I believe that the point played by Politis in the whole SBW Nasser saga should not be ignored, after all weekening another team often helps your own team-club to become successful.
Not so much now (we've been a basket case for some years now, and still not out of it) but in the past 30 or so during our successfull years the rotters have been not only an opposition club for us but our mortal enemy.
With SBW I believe that its case of young people been used and manipulated by older cunning ones. I also believe that the situation was handled poorley by Poponis and our club at the time.

Reactions: CCC

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sonny was about 22 years old when he left the club - pretty young considering he was also one of our best at that age. I'm sure he would look back at the process and think differently about it. We also signed a young player for much less than they were worth (4 year deal I think)
Anyone seeing similarities between SBW & Haas. Haas wanted an immediate release from the Broncos cause he wanted a contract upgrade.

Both were 22 years old at the time.

Both signed great contracts at the time (4 year deal for SBW, 6 year deal for Haas ) Haas played 3 games for the club.

Haas was given an upgrade. Haas is now getting over 850,000 per year.

Nasser is involved with both of them.

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone seeing similarities between SBW & Haas. Haas wanted an immediate release from the Broncos cause he wanted a contract upgrade.

Both were 22 years old at the time.

Both signed great contracts at the time (4 year deal for SBW, 6 year deal for Haas ) Haas played 3 games for the club.

Haas was given an upgrade. Haas is now getting over 850,000 per year.

Nasser is involved with both of them.
When Haas was asking for more $$$ and wanted an immediate release, it had Khoder’s dirty hands all over it. If you ever see Khoder and Sonny being an “influence” on these players it’s never a good sign. They’re grubby dogs, always were and always will be.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When Haas was asking for more $$$ and wanted an immediate release, it had Khoder’s dirty hands all over it. If you ever see Khoder and Sonny being an “influence” on these players it’s never a good sign. They’re grubby dogs, always were and always will be.
Haas 'changed' his tune, when the next game after he asked for a release, the Broncos fans booed him all night. lol

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haas 'changed' his tune, when the next game after he asked for a release, the Broncos fans booed him all night. lol
& he deserved it :tearsofjoy: That was a big wake up call for him. The club and fans have been so good to him. It was crazy at that time he even asked for a release when they were doing so well. Money makes people go crazy. It’ll be interesting how much he’ll be asking for come November.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Was building against the Titans as a worker like King and Preston, its all he has to do,