News Pangai fighting fit

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Imagine this guy as fit as Haas.. Wettest of dreams.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Like I mentioned in another thread, TPJ and Thommo will be our props next year.
So TPJ has kindly agreed to play prop for Ciro and not going to spit the dummy (as was probably incorrectly stated by DT etc) :grinning:
Good.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Small piece abt him in weidlers column this morning. Couldn't find anywhere else to post it.

Tevita Pangai jnr spent three hours with incoming Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo last week, vowing to be accountable for every part of his life.

Pangai spent time with Ciraldo at Penrith last year and felt comfortable seeking him out for a meeting to discuss his commitment to the Bulldogs and his desire to be a success. Pangai told Ciraldo he wants to meet fitness and training targets like never before.

Pangai was at the announcement of the Sonny Bill Williams-Mark Hunt fight on Thursday, and it appears likely he will be on the undercard. The Bulldogs won’t stand in his way as they think training with SBW will be good for him. That means it’s highly unlikely Pangai will be going to the World Cup with Tonga. A fit and firing Pangai could be the X-factor that takes the Bulldogs into the top eight
There are two kinds of people, some are DOERS others are just GONNAS.
Up until now he is the later !
He is more interested in boxing and what $BW instructs him to do.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
After watching the finals over the weekend. I'd rather just settle for a bash and barge forward who can consistently punch through the middle and get the defense on the backfoot. Way better value for money than 800k TPJ/Fifita type forwards who show up once every 3-4 games.

The only other forwards who I'd pay big coin for who can consistently give you a return on investment would be SBW and Taumalolo.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This was in May.

Tevita Pangai Junior was one such player linked to Bennett this week but the super coach said the Bulldogs enforcer is “not on our hit list at the moment”.

At the moment, of course, being the key word there.

“He’s on a three-year contract there, so I don’t know if he’ll be real keen to give that up,” Bennett added.
Where there is smoke there is fire...
Bennett left the door ajar for what seems to be to pressure the Bulldogs into paying part of TPJ's contract playing for the Dolphins, as the season went on his form dwindled, if all OK why would he meet for three hours with CC ?
Will our club cave under pressure ???
In my opinion if he still needs $BW to read him bed stories there could be only one result !

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who was it here telling everyone that Pangai is gone?
Done deal?
That was me. As I said I heard the news and maybe things have changed now Baz is gone.
But in reality if he is anything like this year I don’t want him around for 850k every pre season we hear it from the players they wana be fit and better bla bla bla and same shit every year.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Where there is smoke there is fire...
Bennett left the door ajar for what seems to be to pressure the Bulldogs into paying part of TPJ's contract playing for the Dolphins, as the season went on his form dwindled, if all OK why would he meet for three hours with CC ?
Will our club cave under pressure ???
In my opinion if he still needs $BW to read him bed stories there could be only one result !
He can go.

We don't want, or need, any more prima donnas not concentrating on fitness, giving 100% and winning games.

Less talk: more action. Can stay IF he pulls his finger out and earns his money, otherwise move on and be some other teams bludger.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Put it this way

if everyone was fit first and foremost, this would make every player play their potential best even if they were sht. Fitness is a definite game changer and it shows why the top 4 teams are way ahead of everyone.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We've been off the pace in all areas. Hopefully. This time. Next year :grinning:

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is the definition of fake news, won't believe it until I see it.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope Pangai comes good. Has everything and if CC can unlock his potential that is awesome for us. The experts with inside info on here about TPJ noving on were very sure of themselves just a few weeks ago. I heard that CC was keen to keep TPJ from someone close to TPJ and was shut down on here.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I hope Pangai comes good. Has everything and if CC can unlock his potential that is awesome for us. The experts with inside info on here about TPJ noving on were very sure of themselves just a few weeks ago. I heard that CC was keen to keep TPJ from someone close to TPJ and was shut down on here.
No doubt him relising his full potential is the best outcome for him and the Club. Could be the equal of JJ.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Experts ? Lol TPJ was never leaving bro