Our squad and what we have to recruit to be a top 8 team

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That is why I put a ? nexxt to his name. If we can offload him for nothing then I'm all for it.
I think he just needs to come off the bench for impact. He has a big frame, but he gets dominated regularly. Whereas To'omaga is a lot shorter and stickier, but always makes post contact metres. Just switch them up!!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hoppa
Averillo
……. Cotric / Staggs
Smith
DWZ
Foran
Wakeham
Napa
...…. B.Smith / Grant
Thompson
….. Fafita
Jaco
Elliot

RFM
Tolman
RT
JMk / Lewis

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve said it many times we need a new coach and complete clean out a new team every player are rubbish unless that happens nothing going to change

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoppa
Averillo
……. Cotric / Staggs
Smith
DWZ
Foran
Wakeham
Napa
...…. B.Smith / Grant
Thompson
….. Fafita
Jaco
Elliot

RFM
Tolman
RT
JMk / Lewis
We have no chance of any of those signings.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I always hated the Napa signing. The second he was signed, I was counting down the days til his contract was up. We still have one and a half frustrating seasons left to endure at 500k plus...

Great use of what limited cap space they had at the time!

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
3 long years of Dean Pay and we are still at the bottom.the guy looks nshevelled in the coaching
Box. If he doesn’t have enough self discipline to look respectable how can he get discipline in the team?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I always hated the Napa signing. The second he was signed, I was counting down the days til his contract was up. We still have one and a half frustrating seasons left to endure at 500k plus...

Great use of what limited cap space they had at the time!
The club felt pressured to replace Klemmer. AFB (Fonua-Blake) was available at the time. That money would of been enough to entice AFB at the time imo.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Look to be quite honest. I think if they bring Wakeham in at 7, they will score points. I think our back 5 are horrible. The forwards are not to bad, the 9 is horrible, the bench is fucked he put harper on the bench a centre instead of a hooker like katoa.
The coach doesn’t have a plan, he protects what he built instead of holding the players responsible. We need a good coach, my top of the list will be the walker brothers, for one reason they will bring energy in our time that can score points.
HIA is the reason for carrying a back instead of another hooker. Hooker need to be able to play 8p mins these days.
Our back 5 are not horrible, they are just out of position. Hoppa is class at fb, but the simple fact is that Averilo needs his hands on the ball. Reimis is not a centre, nor is DWZ. I also think Okunbour would have been massive for us this year, so honestly, we were behind the 8 before we lost him and CHN, and we are even further behind it after we lost them.
My back 7 are as follows:

1. Averilo
2. DWZ
3. Hoppa
4. Harper
5. Reimis
6. Foran
7. Wakeham

As for our forwards, once Thomson is free to play:

8. Thomson
9. Katoa
10. To'omaga
11. Jackson
12. RFM
13. Elliot

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
01. Jake Averillo
02. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
03. Will Hopoate
04. ?
05. Reimis Smith
06. ?
07. Brandon Wakeham
08. Dylan Napa?
09. ?
10. Luke Thompson
11. Josh Jackson
12. Adam Elliott
13. Aidan Tolman?

14. ?
15. Jackson Topine
16. Renouf To'omaga
17. Ofahiki Ogden

Coach: ?

We need a new coach and at least 4 players. If we can also get rid of Napa and Tolman then we should also.

We are still a couple of years away from even being a top 8 team.
FFS
we need 25 new players
we currently have 5 first graders

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you offer Friend two years and ~700k it'll be very tempting for him. I don't see Roosters offering Friend more then a one year extension and they can't offer him that sort of money, more so ~500k.
Friend would be an outstanding signing. I can see the roosters letting him go because they Verillis and Radley who can cover hooker easily.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Recruit Travis Touma. The physical condition he has the Roosters at is off the chart .

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’ve said it many times we need a new coach and complete clean out a new team every player are rubbish unless that happens nothing going to change
I agree on the Coach but we don’t need a complete clean out we need to change the system. Listening to Matty Johns he was talking about when coaches say but so and so have this bloke and we only have this bloke. Well make your guy better.And he’s right.
What ever we are doing at training isn’t close to the mark of a top professional team and it shows on game day.

dinga

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Phil Gould as a coaching director, Jason Demetriou, a new fitness coach (are the Dogs the weakest team in the comp?), Oliver Gildart from Wigan, Nick Cotric, Tom Dearden, David Fifita and anyone to replace Napa, Lewis and JMK.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Mclean, McGuire, JT, all play in the same position as Asiata. Very hard to beat those players to start. Again I think your wrong ahahah you don’t rate him I do who cares bra
They had Asiata and thought he's not good enough. We need to spend money on getting better players at that position.

Also have you wondered why he's never mentioned with any other club? No market for him.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think he just needs to come off the bench for impact. He has a big frame, but he gets dominated regularly. Whereas To'omaga is a lot shorter and stickier, but always makes post contact metres. Just switch them up!!
Are you actually arguing about 1 of them starting and 1 coming off the bench? Who cares. The topic is about players that we need to buy not who should be coming off the bench.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of the current Round 5 run on team I would only be resigning Will Hopoate, Remis Smith, Jake Averillo, Josh Jackson & Renouf Toomaga. Elliott, RFM & Ogden can stay as interchange only players and paid accordingly. Wakeham would also stay on as development. The rest can all head off elsewhere. That is how far off we are from being competitive.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought Pays team selections were bad. I'm glad your not coach.
My pick for this week would be.
1.Averillo
2.DWZ
3.Remis Smith
4.harper
5.JMK
6.hoppa
7.foran
8.tommaga
9.katoa
10.napa
11.jackson
12.mariner
13.elliot
14.wakhem
15.sue
16.chris smith
17.ogden

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Presuming Bateman is coming, outside of that I'd be after established players in the positions we need Jake Friend, Nick Cotric and Christian Welch. I'd also be after a few up and coming players in need of an opportunity, Tristan Sailor, Albert Hopoate, Jacob Saifiti and Nathaniel Roache.
Most importantly is the coach, I'd be taking Craig Fitzgibbon who looks after the Roosters defensive structures, get Kimmorley in as an assistant and a new strength and conditioning coach.
1. W Hopoate
2. Smith
3. Cotric
4. A Hopoate
5. DWZ
6. Averillo
7. Wakeham
8. Welch
9. Friend
10. Thompson
11. Bateman
12. RFM
13. Jackson
14. Sailor
15. To'omaga
16. Napa
17. Elliott
Rest of the top 30
Saifiti, Roache, Ogden, Britt, Crichton, Katoa, Lewis, JMK, Meaney, C Smith, Stimson,
Leaves 2 spots for some promising juniors to be upgraded such as Tass, Schoupp etc.