11. Josh Jackson
12. Adam Elliott
13. Aidan Tolman?

14. ?
15. Jackson Topine
16. Renouf To'omaga
17. Ofahiki Ogden

Coach: ?

We need a new coach and at least 4 players. If we can also get rid of Napa and Tolman then we should also.

We are still a couple of years away from even being a top 8 team.
Napa is a total disappointment and its no coincidence the Roosters let him go. Marshall King might be the best we have but he can't cut it. I don't know why a centre, a true centre like Harper hasn't been given a better crack. Who, other than Reimis, ever suggested he was a centre. FFS get him back on the wing before we all contact Beyond Blue. We can salvage a lot from this season with sensible planning given a lot of our blokes are coming close to off contract. Pay gets a lot of shit, though he doesn't drop the balls, he doesn't take the wrong options and lets face it, he didn't get to choose his family. I, like all here love the Dogs and look forward to brighter times - we expect it and they will come.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How the fuck did we going from apparently having an $8.5 million war chest to a possible $2-3 million?
Friggin according to some Souths have more money than us to spend next year what the actual fuck is going on???????????
I'm concerned we overpaid to extend DWZ (on fullback money), Jackson, Lewis and Smith. Napa not worth the 600K a season we paid him either. Don't know how much we have left but we need a lot of new players to become anywhere near competitive with the Roosters.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
REALISTIC TEAM 2021
We won't be making many signings so this imo is the best we will have if we can somehow snare a player or two.
1. Averillo
2. DWZ
3. Hopoate
4. Schoupp (kid looked good, Alomati to wait a little longer)
5. Smith
6. Foran (as much as it could bite us in the ass... we need him)
7. Wakeham
8. Tolman (if pay isn't sacked he will be extended)
9. Katoa (we won't sign anyone here, had multiple chances to get a hooker and failed everytime)
10. Thompson
11. Bateman * (probs won't get him lol)
12. Elliot (our backrowers currently can't run good lines to save their life... This bloke is our most skillful forward and we need him running off Forans hip... Fuck I miss CHN)
13. Jackson (if Bateman is coming then makes even more sense to move him away from the edge where he's been underwhelming for a while now)

14. JMK (sadly)
15. To'Omaga (beast, would be willing to see him start with Thompson if he can have a huge off season next time around)
16. Napa (dude is a cat, bench prop nothing more)
17. Topine (fuck Mariner this kid needs experience, get him in)

NON REALISTIC

1. Averillo (Pay doesn't have the nous or stones to put him here, hopefully the next coach whoever it may be does)
2. S.Katoa (excellent finisher and speed to burn ... I'm over DWZ, he runs hard but he's so error prone to many cons to his game imo)
3. Cotric (kids a beast, anyone who thinks he's not an out and out centre don't talk to me)
4. Hopoate (left edge is the easiest edge to attack, we need his hands out there)
5. Addo-Carr (our team lacks character, need something to spice things up abit. Same things as DWZ just over them both tbh)
6. Foran (we need to extent him for 1 season with an option for a second. Luai and Burton are off contract 2021, we need to sign whoever Penrith demote)
7. Wakeham (no brainer this one)
8. Flegler (Broncos are demoting him, get him down here, if that fails gun for Welch)
9. B.Smith (our middle third as of today is full of slow weak pussies, bar Elliot and To'Omaga... We need this mental wombat in our side to set the standard)
10. Thompson (he will justify his place easily)
11. Bateman (we are weak and have to many loser mentality / scarred players... This man is a winner and a scrapper, must sign at all costs)
12. Elliot (he's been good with the new rules in the middle third... However I have long been a supporter of getting Jackson off the edge)
13. Jackson (time for reduced minutes in the middle third for our captain, he can be our tackling man in the middle doing the dirty work now Tolman is gone)

14. (Open to any utility bar JMK or Katoa at this point)
15. To'Omaga (beast, could start if has a massive off season, but I just love his impact off the bench)
16. Leniu (big bopper from the Panthers who Mark O'Meley rated highly, get him over)
17. Topine (quality young player who will need to be given time sooner rather than later)

All of this is just me being bored and frustrated... I know none of my preferred signings will come to fruition... We will extend Tolman, play Lewis forever and sign Euan Aitken and make more bad choices along the way...

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So your realistic team is what the war chest money looks like?
REALISTIC TEAM 2021
We won't be making many signings so this imo is the best we will have if we can somehow snare a player or two.
1. Averillo
2. DWZ
3. Hopoate
4. Schoupp (kid looked good, Alomati to wait a little longer)
5. Smith
6. Foran (as much as it could bite us in the ass... we need him)
7. Wakeham
8. Tolman (if pay isn't sacked he will be extended)
9. Katoa (we won't sign anyone here, had multiple chances to get a hooker and failed everytime)
10. Thompson
11. Bateman * (probs won't get him lol)
12. Elliot (our backrowers currently can't run good lines to save their life... This bloke is our most skillful forward and we need him running off Forans hip... Fuck I miss CHN)
13. Jackson (if Bateman is coming then makes even more sense to move him away from the edge where he's been underwhelming for a while now)

14. JMK (sadly)
15. To'Omaga (beast, would be willing to see him start with Thompson if he can have a huge off season next time around)
16. Napa (dude is a cat, bench prop nothing more)
17. Topine (fuck Mariner this kid needs experience, get him in)

NON REALISTIC

1. Averillo (Pay doesn't have the nous or stones to put him here, hopefully the next coach whoever it may be does)
2. S.Katoa (excellent finisher and speed to burn ... I'm over DWZ, he runs hard but he's so error prone to many cons to his game imo)
3. Cotric (kids a beast, anyone who thinks he's not an out and out centre don't talk to me)
4. Hopoate (left edge is the easiest edge to attack, we need his hands out there)
5. Addo-Carr (our team lacks character, need something to spice things up abit)
6. Foran (we need to extent him for 1 season with an option for a second. Luai and Burton are off contract 2021, we need to sign whoever Penrith demote)
7. Wakeham (no brainer this one)
8. Flegler (Broncos are demoting him, get him down here, if that fails gun for Welch)
9. B.Smith (our middle third as of today is full of slow weak pussies, bar Elliot and To'Omaga... We need this mental wombat in our side to set the standard)
10. Thompson (he will justify his place easily)
11. Bateman (we are weak and have to many loser mentality / scarred players... This man is a winner and a scrapper, must sign at all costs)
12. Elliot (he's been good with the new rules in the middle third... However I have long been a supporter of getting Jackson off the edge)
13. Jackson (time for reduced minutes in the middle third for our captain, he can be our tackling man in the middle doing the dirty work now Tolman is gone)

14. (Open to any utility bar JMK or Katoa at this point)
15. To'Omaga (beast, could start if has a massive off season, but I just love his impact off the bench)
16. Leniu (big bopper from the Panthers who Mark O'Meley rated highly, get him over)
17. Topine (quality young player who will need to be given time sooner rather than later)

All of this is just me being bored and frustrated... I know none of my preferred signings will come to fruition... We will extend Tolman, play Lewis forever and sign Euan Aitken and make more bad choices along the way

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
So your realistic team is what the war chest money looks like?
Yeah we have money but won't be able to attract anyone.. that's my angle.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have to spend 95 % of the cap.....we can keep foran on 1M a year..... imagine how screwed we would be without him
Yeah we have money but won't be able to attract anyone.. that's my angle.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Hopoate
2. DWZ
3. Averillo
4. ?
5. Smith
6. ?
7. Wakeham
8. Napa
9. ?
10. To'omaga
11. Jackson
12. Elliot
13. Thompson

14. JMK
15. RFM
16. Stimson
17. ?

Four players away from being contenders in my opinion, I'd prefer Hoppa at centre with another fullback but we aren't signing a fullback, half and hooker in the next year.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are you actually arguing about 1 of them starting and 1 coming off the bench? Who cares. The topic is about players that we need to buy not who should be coming off the bench.
Regardless of who we buy, tgese two are in the side, so it is part of the equation.

Qdog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Not going to rubbish Dean Pay but we need someone like Robinson as coach or we are just gunna keep getting someone else's DREGS instead of CLASS Players and as usual we'll pay OVERS for them then we will never dig ourselves out of this FN HOLE we are in !!!!!!!!!

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Things that would make a difference - adding players like Friend, Cotric, Addo Carr, Thompson - allowing Jackson / Elliot to play as a middle forward where they are far more suited. Two quality backrowers would help. Foran n Wakeham in the halves.
Big front rowers with limited lateral movement are not suited to the post covid game - big wingers do their job from the back field and they are a liability in defence.

Sue

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Hopoate
2. R. Smith
3. N. Cotric (3 year contract)
4. Ardie Savea (3 year contract)
5. DWZ
6. Foran (1 year contract)
7. Wakeham
8. Thompson
9. Jake Friend (2 year contract)
10. Napa
11. D. Fifita (5 year contract)
12. Jackson
13. Elliott

14. Averillo
15. To'omaga
16. RFM
17. Scott Sorensen (2 year contract)

Available Coaches: Anthony Griffin, Geoff Toovey, Tim Sheens, Walker Brothers, Eddie Jones

Released;
Tolman, Cogger, Lewis, Meaney, Sue

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
1. Hopoate
2. R. Smith
3. N. Cotric (3 year contract)
4. Ardie Savea (3 year contract)
5. DWZ
6. Foran (1 year contract)
7. Wakeham
8. Thompson
9. Jake Friend (2 year contract)
10. Napa
11. D. Fifita (5 year contract)
12. Jackson
13. Elliott

14. Averillo
15. To'omaga
16. RFM
17. Scott Sorensen (2 year contract)

Available Coaches: Anthony Griffin, Geoff Toovey, Tim Sheens, Walker Brothers, Eddie Jones

Released;
Tolman, Cogger, Lewis, Meaney, Sue
Eddie Jones lol. Turn it up Sue

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoppa
Averillo
……. Cotric / Staggs
Smith
DWZ
Foran
Wakeham
Napa
...…. B.Smith / Grant
Thompson
….. Fafita
Jaco
Elliot

RFM
Tolman
RT
JMk / Lewis
Your dreaming, all except fifita and cotric are contracted and are mostly playing in top 4 sides, why would they leave that situation to come to belmore?
Just face it, we are going to be rubbish until we sign a Proven coach, like i was told in January by some nrl players at a function no one wants to go there because of the poor coaching through all the grades, the place needs a broom through it.
It does not matter how much $ we have to spend, no heavy hitting talent will come until changes are made, all we will end with are players looking for work to cover the bills.

Dog Goneit

Immortal
Reaction score
Foran will be here next year, obviously on substantially less $. They wont want to put two rookies in the starting line up. Lewis is currently retaining his spot due to his clearance kicks - in my view. Personally I would promote Averillo to partner Foran, Wakehan on the bench.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There’s a serious amount of deadwood coming off contract in 21. Britt, Crichton, Katoa, Lewis, JMK, Meaney, Napa and C Smith are all players that shouldn’t have been signed on such long deals. 3 year deals for Crichton, JMK, Meaney and Napa were crazy.

Last edited:

Nakidog

Waterboy
Reaction score
For me I'd like to see a team similar to this next season. The game has sped up so much and to me you need forwards with leg speed and footwork. Gone is the wrestle type forwards who banged out long minutes like Tolman and James Graham.

With the money we have surely we could make this squad work.....have averillo ready to take over from Foran the following year with a big play for a RTS/Ponga type signing the following season.

1. Averillo
2. Rona (union) (300k)
3. Hoppa
4. Smith
5. DWZ
6. Foran (if gets through season)
7. Wakeham
8. Tuponuia (roosters)
9. Nathaniel Roache (Player swap for Napa with Warriors)
10. Luke Thompson
11. Bateman (raiders)
12. Jackson
13. Elliot

14. Katoa
15. To'omaga
16. Topine
17. RFM