our salvation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
was reading in today's paper that Benny Roberts is playing NSW cup tomorrow. said with hodkinson suspended n keating likely to miss with a hamstring strain, he could play against cronulla. wat if he comes out, sets up joshy for a hat trick, big franky gets a double, n he looks good in attack n we put 50 on the sharks. will kev bring back keating? or go with hodkinson n Roberts? personally I'm excited to c Benny play cronulla. hope he fires up!!!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Kevin will bring back Keating unfortunately.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think he will fire with all guns blazing, sadly though it'll all be too late as he'll be on his way to the Eels.

I personally haven't been so sad about losing a player in a long time.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My dream:

- Roberts plays extremely well for the Bulldogs.
- Bulldogs administration realise letting go of Roberts was a big mistake.
- Roberts changes his mind about changing clubs and opts to chuck a Stever Turner to Gold Coast way of things
- Eels agree to release Roberts on the basis they get compensated 2 players.
- The Bulldogs offer Dene Halatau and Junior Tia-Kilifi.
- Roberts re-signs with the Bulldogs for another 2-3 years.

LOL, I wish.

bullpup71

Kennel Established
Reaction score
now that would be some thing i would like to see.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
If Keating is out for this game Roberts will play for that week only, Keating will be brought back in the following week regardless of how Roberts goes. We all know it.

Yak From Yass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
was reading in today's paper that Benny Roberts is playing NSW cup tomorrow. said with hodkinson suspended n keating likely to miss with a hamstring strain, he could play against cronulla. wat if he comes out, sets up joshy for a hat trick, big franky gets a double, n he looks good in attack n we put 50 on the sharks. will kev bring back keating? or go with hodkinson n Roberts? personally I'm excited to c Benny play cronulla. hope he fires up!!!
Crack Kills!!!! Stay off the crack. I am concerned that with the way Moore is coaching this team and his inability to make decisions for the good of the team (dropping Idris) I am scared that we will struggle to get the two points from the bye this week let alone what we will do next week against Cronulla.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Roberts will have 3 line break assists, 1 try assist, open space kicks, 3 line drop outs and a linebreak but the kennel will still say he is way too inconsistent because he doesnt live up to the 3rd highest overall statistic performance since 1998 against Brisbane.

Doggies Bro

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
would be good to see benny back but even if he plays against the sharks k Moore no matter how good a game he has will bring back Keating and the rest explains itself.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My dream:

- Roberts plays extremely well for the Bulldogs.
- Bulldogs administration realise letting go of Roberts was a big mistake.
- Roberts changes his mind about changing clubs and opts to chuck a Stever Turner to Gold Coast way of things
- Eels agree to release Roberts on the basis they get compensated 2 players.
- The Bulldogs offer Dene Halatau and Junior Tia-Kilifi.
- Roberts re-signs with the Bulldogs for another 2-3 years.

LOL, I wish.
Roberts already signed :(

I wish too!

old school dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Roberts is rubbish. Had 5 years to prove himself. Can't wait to see him go.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
I think he will fire with all guns blazing, sadly though it'll all be too late as he'll be on his way to the Eels.

I personally haven't been so sad about losing a player in a long time.
agreed

Yak From Yass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Had 5 years to prove himself
and failed to stand up .... I can only really recall one match were he played to his potential and that was against Brisbane in Jun 2009 (having said that Goodwin also played extremely well that day). Roberts offered so much and continually failed to reach his full potential.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

5 years? He had 1 season playing outside a decent halfback with a half decent forward pack and he did his job, The rest he was either playing outside of holdsworth in a piss poor side or injured, You expect way too much from a 5/8.

Enjoy our ****house halves combo of kris all i have in my game is support play keating and im slow as **** and i dont know what to do when were attacking from 20m out hodko.

C

chipandchase

5 years? He had 1 season playing outside a decent halfback with a half decent forward pack and he did his job, The rest he was either playing outside of holdsworth in a piss poor side or injured, You expect way too much from a 5/8.

Enjoy our ****house halves combo of kris all i have in my game is support play keating and im slow as **** and i dont know what to do when were attacking from 20m out hodko.
if u are using that as a excuse then Keating has the worlds slowest halfback inside of him in Hodkinson.
i think Roberts has been harshly treated but i dont think he is better than Keating and Roberts will never be the gun 5/8 that we crave for.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That old chestnut. Honestly, tell me, what does Keating do better than Roberts? Suppot play and that's it. Roberts is a better kicker, he actually has a long kicking game, Roberts is a better runner and a better passer.

I don't get why people say 'Roberts has had 5 years' when the fact is he's only really had one full season behind a pack doing it's job and playing with a good halfback. You also have to take into account he was a lot less solidified in the starting side in his earlier years and you have to give leeway for young players, esepcially in the halves, which people are seemingly happy to do for Hodkinson and Keating but not Roberts.

I notice people like to pick out Roberts' faults and compare them to something good by another player. You could easily do that in the opposite direction and produce entirely different outlooks.

It's not as though he has had 5 full seasons at 6 and done abslutely nothing. That idea is a tired old cliche. It was a mistake to not give Roberts a chance and it was a mistake to let him leave which was a result of not giving him a chance.

Bulldogs Gangst

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Roberts is 10 times a better player then keating... who gives a **** if his a good supporter the whole team should be supporting not just 2 players barba,keating roberts kills him in everything else

S

shutup

He will bring back keating you all know "HIS GAY"

Status
Not open for further replies.