Opal Tower Crumbling

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Knock it down, and make the developers build a giant opal statue.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Who is to say that they weren't drinking expensive booze at home though.
Then you'd buy it from your own money :grinning:

They are that tight? They literally ruined the livelihood of people and they're crying foul? LOL. Deal with the consequences. As far as Opal goes... knock down and rebuild and pay accommodation and dry-cleaning costs as well as rent to landlords. Make an example out of someone!
I think it should be a case of:
- Owners are offered full buyback costs of the apartment - but if they accept that's all they get.
- Owners are alternatively offered a brand new luxury apartment once it is rebuilt - if they accept that then laundry, food, parking and all other bills are paid for (or they are put in serviced apartments so can self cater). Storage costs for all their stuff also covered.
- Landlords are compensated the full lost amount of rent and have the above option (if they opt for brand new they must terminate lease though).

Think of it this way, who is going to want to buy or rent in that apartment block anymore? It's been completely tarnished and will carry a reputation as long as it stands. Resale will be stuff all, and renting them out will be a problem as well.

Even engineers involved can't say it'll be safe after rectification works are undertaken.

Only way to ensure it is safe is a knockdown and rebuild.

The ONLY other solution is to patch it up, and have the government buy it and use it for affordable housing tenants.

Knock it down, and make the developers build a giant opal statue.
Or a giant Opal Card ! :laughing::laughing:

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Feel sorry for the people that bought... what a shit fight.

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well done to the whistleblower for taking the footage of the dodgy work. That will be great evidence for all those residents :grinning:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Knock it down, its a disgrace to Australia in 2019.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Well done to the whistleblower for taking the footage of the dodgy work. That will be great evidence for all those residents :grinning:
Looks like it's a bit worse than they made out. Just bulldoze it already.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the famous words of Mayor Rudy Giuliani, Pull it!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Just drive a Hilux through it, that'll do it. Unbreakable beasts!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
They need to 911 it.... by that I mean implode it.

What's Bush up to these days?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Poor bastards.... this is the company in question: https://icon.co/

But I wonder how they ever got registered with a similar trading name, because when you register a business they check all that shit to ensure your business name isn't too similar to another.
I think it's because of the full name

Icon Construction Group
Icon Co

Probably having that part of a longer name is the reason why. They latter probably got rejected under a similar name so they shortened it to get it approved or something. Could be a completely different name altogether but trading as Icon as well. EB Games for instance is registered as Electronic Boutique.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think it's because of the full name

Icon Construction Group
Icon Co

Probably having that part of a longer name is the reason why. They latter probably got rejected under a similar name so they shortened it to get it approved or something. Could be a completely different name altogether but trading as Icon as well. EB Games for instance is registered as Electronic Boutique.
Let me type the company name in a different way, as its quite funny given the situation.

Icon Co.

I Con Co.

:D

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Probably will fall down the week of the NSW elections.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
So they declare themselves bankrupt. What happens then?