One dead, one in a coma, two others stable after Sydney festival overdoses

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pill testing seems to me like telling alcoholics, they can drive after drinking, so long as the car is slow.
I'd say it's more like offering to check women's drinks for date rape drugs before they get drunk and pass out in the gutter from alcohol poisoning rather than a spiked drink.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Easy solution.... get politicians to pop a few dingers. All of a sudden political problems wouldn’t seem so problematic. Most of them are probably on the nose candy anyway.

Other drugs cause society more problems.... including legalised ones which are taxed by the government. If steps can be made to make people safer, why not? It’s not like the government would be spending as much on pill testing as it already is on things like RBT.

Haha. Pop some dingers. If that's not a euphemism for sucking dick, I don't know what is.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
While we are on the subject of drugs.
Do all these dealers who around in Ferrari’s and live in a fibro housing commission home honestly believe they’re outsmarting the law?

If the answer is yes, then that’s a good laugh is all I’ll say.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I used to snort nodoz when i was in highschool and tried to finish an entire assignment in a single night.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
This has hallmarks similar to "the war on speeding". One has to accept there will always be speed related deaths therefore an attempt to hit 0 deaths on the roads in a year is impossible.

Same applies to people doing drugs at concerts. It's unlikely you'll ever get the death toll to 0, and given we are talking very few deaths a year already from concerts (and seems all drug related ones are from the same genre), it becomes a case of accepting the collateral and letting people sort themselves out.

It's like saying "Gee it's awefully risky running across a freeway blindfolded and not getting hit by a car". Well it's simple... don't run across a freeway blindfolded and that risk is completely mitigated.

Drug taking at festivals isn't an unavoidable situation, it's completely avoidable. The solution shouldn't be to try and make it safer, because safety isn't really required, common sense is.

Why does the government need to step in and solve other peoples stupidity (in the above example the government would ban driving on freeways or the wearing of blindfolds).

Whatever gramps. You are narrow minded, your views on this issue are simplistic and I’m going to bed.
Get your ball and get off my lawn you hoodlum!! *shakes walking stick from prime position in old cane rocking chair on front verandah*.

I agree with you on these points mate but do you honestly think banning these events will stop the drug use in our culture?
Drug use will always exist. Be it in a home or at a event.

Can't easily stop someone snorting a line of coke off a shitter in a nightclub, unless you put cameras where people take a dump. So it'll always exist in some way or form (through people that can't have fun without the need for a drug).

Banning the events is a way to try and stop people engaging in such content on a large scale. The government will never agree with openly testing pills (GTM was an exception and nobody has done it since), nor should they.

Besides, if people want to test pills, they can buy testing kits online and do it themselves.

If steps can be made to make people safer, why not? It’s not like the government would be spending as much on pill testing as it already is on things like RBT.
Two totally different scenarios.

When you start to accept and promote pill testing, legal liability rears it's ugly head. What happens when little Johnny gets his pills tested, the tests are wrong, he pops a few tabs, and ends up dead?

Suddenly the tax payer is paying for a multi million law suit because little Johnny took a handful of tablets and whilst ONE tested okay the other 5 in his pocket didn't.

Hence another issue in all this. 5 identical tablets won't always have identical chemical compositions.

Yeah, that's the main thing that pisses me off.....the government has no problem spending endless resources on things like RBT (not to mention policing of drunks), but isn't prepared to spend a fraction of that money to keep young people safe. It would rather demonise and talk about unrealistic prohibitive nonsense.
Because RBTs are checking legal alcohol consumption, not taking of illegal drugs.

RBTs/RDTs are designed to capture people operating a MOTOR VEHICLE (under the influence of alcohol/drugs), can and often sadly do become a deadly weapon.

I wouldn’t give a fuck, I don’t drink.
So you don't want to have a beer with Duncan? Cause Duncan's me mate :(

A

Alexander the Great

They still 30 bucks or something?

Are imports still more superior than locals?
Lol at imports. Fuck that's brought back memories back in the scene.

It's all caps these days from what I hear and see.
Range from 25 to 40 depending on quality.

A

Alexander the Great

While we are on the subject of drugs.
Do all these dealers who around in Ferrari’s and live in a fibro housing commission home honestly believe they’re outsmarting the law?

If the answer is yes, then that’s a good laugh is all I’ll say.
The law are working with them. FACT

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
The law are working with them. FACT
No doubt there’s corruption with law enforcement.
I’ve dealt with it myself on and off over the years.

I even had a cop tell me he would of done nothing about it if I smacked a smartass teenager in the mouth when I was guarding a gate at soundwave years ago.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lol at imports. Fuck that's brought back memories back in the scene.

It's all caps these days from what I hear and see.
Range from 25 to 40 depending on quality.
Lol, I'm a fkn grandpa brother, I just used to confiscate them from clubs and sell them back for 20 a pop, I'm a business man lol

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol, I'm a fkn grandpa brother, I just used to confiscate them from clubs and sell them back for 20 a pop, I'm a business man lol
I once found a gram of cocaine and threw it in the bin like it was no big deal.

I had a friend who was given a bag of cocaine which someone “found”.
Turned out to be heroin, he never tested it before using and snorted a massive line of it and its turned him into a bit of a space cadet.