One dead, one in a coma, two others stable after Sydney festival overdoses

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
https://www.9news.com.au/national/2...ies-three-critical-after-homebush-dance-party

Police have said dance party revellers are ignoring their message on drugs after the third death in three months at a music festival.

Callum Brosnan, 19, died yesterday after taking drugs at the Knockout Games of Destiny event at Sydney Olympic Park on Saturday night - his mother says the family is 'shattered'.

His girlfriend posted on Facebook; "Rest easy my beautiful man, you were definitely taken too soon. I love you, I will always love you."

It follows on from two deaths early this year at the dance party Defqon 1, that sparked the creation of an expert panel to advise the NSW government on drug-related deaths at festivals.

"Police and emergency services continue to send warning messages about illegal drugs, and many festival-goers are choosing to ignore them," said Assistant Commissioner Peter Thurtell.

"We will continue to have a strong presence at festivals and dance parties with the wellbeing and safety of attendees our number one priority."

More than 18,000 people attended the dance party.

Police officers issued 69 banning notices and conducted more than 200 searches, with 62 people found in possession of drugs.

One woman was found with nearly 400 tablets inside her body, while a 25-year-old man had 145 MDMA capsules in his possession.

“It’s a human tragedy, young lives lost – wasted – and I can only imagine what that young man’s family is going through this morning,” Premier Gladys Berejiklian told Today.

“We want young people to have fun, we want them to enjoy themselves, but we also want them to be safe,” said Ms Berejiklian.

Asked if it was time to reconsider the government's position on pill testing, Ms Berejiklian said no.

"Unfortunately, we know that pill testing won't work because it'll give people a green light to taking substances, which in the end could still kill them," she said.

Police will prepare a report for the coroner on the teenager's death.

© Nine Digital Pty Ltd 2018

Wahesh

Reaction score
Time to shut this shit down Gladys. These kids think they are immortal. Little do the realise how vulnerable they are. Those supplying the drugs need 20 years in jail.

They will never learn, it's as simple as that. Shut them down, even if it saves 1 life, it will be worth it.

Let's face it, these festivals are a when drug dealers reap whatever harvest they have, and will always find a way to smuggle them into the event.

How, young kids will always be naive, and some will take them no matter how hard we try to drill it into them that drugs WILL kill them.

I won't even get into how trashy people dress like at these events...

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Time to shut this shit down Gladys. These kids think they are immortal. Little do the realise how vulnerable they are. Those supplying the drugs need 20 years in jail.

They will never learn, it's as simple as that. Shut them down, even if it saves 1 life, it will be worth it.

Let's face it, these festivals are a when drug dealers reap whatever harvest they have, and will always find a way to smuggle them into the event.

How, young kids will always be naive, and some will take them no matter how hard we try to drill it into them that drugs WILL kill them.

Id love to see the comparison of people that have overdosed compared to those that have died/killed others while drink driving.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Id love to see the comparison of people that have overdosed compared to those that have died/killed others while drink driving.
Both are crimes that should be punished severely. Drink driving is something that's not intended, however it is careless. Drugs on the other hand are being dealt with the knowing factor that they could very well kill people.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Both are crimes that should be punished severely. Drink driving is something that's not intended, however it is careless. Drugs on the other hand are being dealt with the knowing factor that they could very well kill people.
Dealerships deal cars that can kill.. people take drugs they know the risk. People drink and drive intentionally as wel

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
18-year-old woman allegedly found with 390 MDMA capsules
She will cry her way out of it

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dealerships deal cars that can kill.. people take drugs they know the risk. People drink and drive intentionally as wel
I agree. I have had tthis debate on here before. People are up in arms every time a story of an overdose occurs, yet just another story of someone drunk behind the wheel dies ir kills someone else and there are no threads at all.
Not to say a drug overdose is a good thing, its just that peoples perception of alcohol is very different to drugs, yet alcohol kills and harms more people on a daily basis yest is largely ignored.
Im pretty sure every NRL player responsible for hitting their misses was drinking at the time.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree. I have had tthis debate on here before. People are up in arms every time a story of an overdose occurs, yet just another story of someone drunk behind the wheel dies ir kills someone else and there are no threads at all.
Not to say a drug overdose is a good thing, its just that peoples perception of alcohol is very different to drugs, yet alcohol kills and harms more people on a daily basis yest is largely ignored.
Im pretty sure every NRL player responsible for hitting their misses was drinking at the time.
Personally i detest drink driving, how many people have you heard when they get caught complain i wasn't that drunk or it was only down the road ? Never hear them say holy shit that was stupid i put innocent lives in danger. Personally i think there needs to be much harsher laws.
Like that dead shit that killed that married couple niece and unborn twins,he should of been hung from a light post as an example

Reactions: K E

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Meh. Call me black hearted but whatever. Plenty more young, dumb idiots where that came from. This isn't the first and it sure as shit won't be the last.

"oMg someone died playing Russian roulette. Way 2 young"

Wahesh

Reaction score
Drink Driving is illegal and I think the penalties for it should be harsher:

My penalties:

Caught DUI - license gone, DQ'd from driving for 1 year, and that's IF you aren't involved in an accident

Caught DUI involved in an accident
- DQ'd for driving for 10 years, and you must start again from your L's once the 10 years expires

Caught DUI at fault occasioning death - license permanently DQ'd and you spend many years in jail - minimum 20 years, non-parole of 15

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nothing used to shit me more than going to court and watching drink driving offences result in a slap on the wrist.... and we wonder why these offences occur so frequently

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like some shonky shit out there, never take shit from someone you don't know but it sounds like some people are taking multiple pills, what a horrible way to go, it would be torture.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Drink Driving is illegal and I think the penalties for it should be harsher:

My penalties:

Caught DUI - license gone, DQ'd from driving for 1 year, and that's IF you aren't involved in an accident

Caught DUI involved in an accident
- DQ'd for driving for 10 years, and you must start again from your L's once the 10 years expires

Caught DUI at fault occasioning death - license permanently DQ'd and you spend many years in jail - minimum 20 years, non-parole of 15
About 30 years ago my father had a terrible accident that almost killed him while drink drivng. He completely gave up drinking and once he recovered he decided to become a home carer for people with head injuries, some of which were suffered while drink driving themselves.
My father also used to take one of the guys he looked after around to the local schools and give talks to the school kids about the dangers of deinking and driving, or not wearing a helmut while riding their bike etc etc. He also gave talks to people who had been caught DUI to try and help them understand the consequences of what they were doing.
I drink. Im no poster boy. But it really shits me when people jump on the antidrugs bandwagon and scream from the rooftops how drugs are destroying society, before going home from the pub drunk and abusing their wifes.

Wahesh

Reaction score
About 30 years ago my father had a terrible accident that almost killed him while drink drivng. He completely gave up drinking and once he recovered he decided to become a home carer for people with head injuries, some of which were suffered while drink driving themselves.
My father also used to take one of the guys he looked after around to the local schools and give talks to the school kids about the dangers of deinking and driving, or not wearing a helmut while riding their bike etc etc. He also gave talks to people who had been caught DUI to try and help them understand the consequences of what they were doing.
I drink. Im no poster boy. But it really shits me when people jump on the antidrugs bandwagon and scream from the rooftops how drugs are destroying society, before going home from the pub drunk and abusing their wifes.
Sorry to hear about your old man mate - but it seems like it shaped him up for the better which deserves an honorable mention.

The thing with drink driving is that (and I'm not defending them here) I'll bet a clear majority of those who get caught or are involved in accident are simply intending to get to their destination under the impression that they really believe they can do it and not hurt anyone, they are not intending to cause an accident but it does happen - and if it does, my punishment recommendation as above will stand.

The difference with drugs is that people take them knowing full well it can kill them, where as people drink driving are wanting to get to the destination. Both are stupid though, but there are differences.

A

Alexander the Great

Kids will always do drugs and experiment.
Shutting down events wont stop them mate. Get your head out of the sand.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Kids will always do drugs and experiment.
Shutting down events wont stop them mate. Get your head out of the sand.
Really? Well... if that dance festival didn't go ahead on Saturday, that kid would still be alive, and 3 others would've be fighting for their lives. It sounds like your the one with the head in the sand pretending nothing is wrong. And FYI... chances of them taking drugs at a music festival are a lot higher than them taking it fart arsing around at home or whatever else that would've been doing had that festival not gone ahead. It's call peer pressure.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Really? Well... if that dance festival didn't go ahead on Saturday, that kid would still be alive, and 3 others would've be fighting for their lives. It sounds like your the one with the head in the sand pretending nothing is wrong. And FYI... chances of them taking drugs at a music festival are a lot higher than them taking it fart arsing around at home or whatever else that would've been doing had that festival not gone ahead. It's call peer pressure.
More drugs are consumed within homes mate... especially in the back shed