One dead, one in a coma, two others stable after Sydney festival overdoses

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate, if your eccys are only lasting an hour or two, you should change dealers.

Edit: unless drugs have changed in the 15 years since I last used them :grinning:
From what I ahem.... hear..... the ones in the 90s lasted hours but the modern ones only last 1 to 2 hrs

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Have it taxed, that will solve every ones problem, that's the only problem the government has, it can't tax it, they don't give a fuck if you die.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
This.

The biggest "junkie" I know is the guy who sits next to me at work. He probably drinks around 6 coffees a day, all double shots. Guy would be a nightmare to watch if he went cold Turkey.
I know you jest, but technically, aren't you spot on?

Wouldn't a junkie be classified as a person heavily addicted to a substance, legal or illicit?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, that's the main thing that pisses me off.....the government has no problem spending endless resources on things like RBT (not to mention policing of drunks), but isn't prepared to spend a fraction of that money to keep young people safe. It would rather demonise and talk about unrealistic prohibitive nonsense.
I think i mentioned it before and Hacky expanded on it, you cant win the war on drugs and you cant stop people using, might as well advise saftey issues and procedures for the young ones, especially the kids.

Go for the fucking makers/dealers who put shit into their product.

Majority of the teaching has to come from parents, but obviously outside influences fucks that up.

I'm not pro or anti drugs, majority can handle them and if they don't hurt anyone, go for it.

But from my jobs, a lot more of people shouldn't be drinking more than people that shouldnt touch drugs.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe what's killing isn't drugs, its cheap shonk poison being sold as drugs?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Maybe what's killing isn't drugs, its cheap shonk poison being sold as drugs?
Yeah, @Hacky McAxe said the same. Who knows what shit they put in them.

I guess the see the government allowing poisons being inserted into harmless tobacco, they think they can do the same.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I know you jest, but technically, aren't you spot on?

Wouldn't a junkie be classified as a person heavily addicted to a substance, legal or illicit?
I'm only half joking - yes, that's how i would define it.

In my view, somebody who can't get through the morning without a caffeine hit, has to go for a cigarette every hour, or has to unwind after work with a drink is going to be much more of an "addict" than someone who takes a pinga every now any then.

Last edited:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now they are talking 400 dollar on the spot fines, punishing the punters financially is a gutless tactic, fines of any sort should be stamped out in the modern day.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm only half joking - yes, that's how i would define it.

In my view, somebody who can't get through the morning without a caffeine hit, has to go for a cigarette every house, or has to unwind after work with a drink is going to be much more of an "addict" than someone who takes a pinga every now any then.
Especially with the accessibility of some over others.

I have a cousin that loves to "educate" randoms about drugs while has a smoke in his hand. Always say to her "you're the garlic calling the onion smelly" lol

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good pingas very to hard to find these days, but do still exist, roll thru about every 6-12 months and I find myself lost every weekend for about a month. Still as said nothing on the ones from 15 years ago.

All this b.s. about banning festivals is complete nonsense, I'm almost certain those who end up dead are inexperienced and dnt know what they r actually taking, simple ways to be safe, know what you're taking and who you're getting it from.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ohhhhhhhh I get it now... so you have a shit night if you don't take drugs at a music festival.

Listening to heinous music and getting hugged by sweaty losers all night.. yep, shit night :tongueclosed:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You fucken druggo's

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
From what I ahem.... hear..... the ones in the 90s lasted hours but the modern ones only last 1 to 2 hrs
You should try one of the ones with rat poison. Good chance it will last the rest of your life. :P